Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

trickie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2009, 12:49 am

Hi I've been visiting this site for a couple of days now and really like it but in a lot of ways I feel more nervous about posting here than on other sites I don't know why exactly maybe its the fear of not being accepted by the people who are supposed to be most like me. Does anyone else feel this way?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 12:58 am

All of us feel that way.

Now you can worry about being accepted here.

No one is like you, we are all a culture of one.

trickie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2009, 1:08 am

My point exactly especially since one of the major symptoms of autism is our ability to maintain our focus on our opinion and disrefarding other unforetunately all of our focuses are as individual as we are

LosFrida
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2009, 2:19 am

Greetings from another prairie girl :D ('Toon town right here)

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Feb 2009, 8:39 am

Hi trickie - welcome to WP!

I think it all depends on where & how someone interacts on this forum, as to how well that person is accepted.

A bit of reading will reveal a number of people who think much the same way as you - start by joining in their threads. In time, you will see plenty of opportunity to explore a wide range of opinions with these people & others.

The members of this forum are generally very accepting of new people & opinions - probably much more accepting that most other places on the web. Stick with it & I think you will find that it's a real community - and there are lots of people here who are interested in what you have to say.

Totgelyr
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2009, 8:52 am

Welcome to the forums! Im fairly new myself, but I fitted in just well, and I bet you will too. have a wonderful time here!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 11:50 am

"Hello," fellow-traveler trickie, and welcome aboard Wrong Planet.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:18 pm

trickie wrote:
My point exactly especially since one of the major symptoms of autism is our ability to maintain our focus on our opinion and disrefarding other unforetunately all of our focuses are as individual as we are

Which impairs social behavior, as we do not have the need, empathy, whatever, to care, a self centered lot.

That only applies in a common world, where we do stand out, and do not fit in.

Having failed at mutual grooming, picking fleas, group activity, pecking orders, being pack apes, we are rejected, and often thankful when they quit trying to get us to join their "Behaviors".

Some come here to complain about their local ape pack, who cares!

Some think, I have a problem, so every one else does too. Brainwashed self haters.

I think it was Malcome X who asked, "Who taught you to hate yourself?"

Here we find all are different, as different as snowflakes, each a Universe, we are like the stars, above the world, each giving a different light, that is a combined effect without being a group activity.

Of all the stars in the universe there is only one trickie, who's light is different from all others.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 3:59 pm

Hello. :) Don't be nervous about posting here, just 4 months ago I was very new here but everyone was nice and I had no problem. I'd imagine it'll be the same for you. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Fluffybunnyfeet
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2009, 5:07 pm

trickie wrote:
Hi I've been visiting this site for a couple of days now and really like it but in a lot of ways I feel more nervous about posting here than on other sites I don't know why exactly maybe its the fear of not being accepted by the people who are supposed to be most like me. Does anyone else feel this way?

You've done well to post an introductory hello :)

The best thing i've found about this place is that most people are very accepting. We are above all else, people - we are not a condition. So there's quite a variety here.

As far as being accepted yourself, I think you have nothing to worry about.