Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

grahamcakes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Feb 2009, 3:05 pm

Most of the problems with having mania come from other people not having it. When I first became manic people were trying to convince me that I was sick and needed help. I'm dedicated to following treatment but I still think that it is not an illness; that the medications are wrong; and that humans will eventually need to adopt manic states to keep up with technology and future common sense. Compared with humans of the past, humans of the present are all manic. If anybody living now goes far back into time, they will be jailed for being bat-shit insane as soon as they interact with a person from the past. I'm done with mania because I don't want to have to defend myself being in that state anymore. I can't enjoy it that way I used to because of the frustration at others who want to yank me out of heaven and the loneliness of being the only one there. Since I'm not knee deep in p**** my adoption of this evolution in mental development likely won't be a part of the future brain but experiencing this wondrous state is part of my slice in life. It may be a slice that's missing a key ingredient but it came with a little whipped cream and that's all I ask. The docs take away the whipped cream and leave you with nothing but a sh***y slice of pie.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 3:36 pm

grahamcakes wrote:
Most of the problems with having mania come from other people not having it. When I first became manic people were trying to convince me that I was sick and needed help. I'm dedicated to following treatment but I still think that it is not an illness; that the medications are wrong; and that humans will eventually need to adopt manic states to keep up with technology and future common sense. Compared with humans of the past, humans of the present are all manic. If anybody living now goes far back into time, they will be jailed for being bat-sh** insane as soon as they interact with a person from the past. I'm done with mania because I don't want to have to defend myself being in that state anymore. I can't enjoy it that way I used to because of the frustration at others who want to yank me out of heaven and the loneliness of being the only one there. Since I'm not knee deep in p**** my adoption of this evolution in mental development likely won't be a part of the future brain but experiencing this wondrous state is part of my slice in life. It may be a slice that's missing a key ingredient but it came with a little whipped cream and that's all I ask. The docs take away the whipped cream and leave you with nothing but a sh***y slice of pie.

I think the problem with mania is that, although you may be feeling like it's wonderful, what you do while manic could put yourself or other people in danger. That's the thing about being manic; you lack the judgment that keeps you from doing something that might be harmful, or, at best, infringing upon another person's liberties.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 4:18 pm

grahamcakes wrote:
knee deep in p****

I'm sorry but I don't think the manic state is evolutionary - people make too many dangerous choices in that state. I'm glad you haven't done yourself any harm, but some manic people do.

grahamcakes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Feb 2009, 4:21 pm

That's true. The embarrassment from my actions is something that I still have trouble getting over. Mania is primitive and hard to control but I honestly believe that it will be an integral part of the future brain when it's evolved to be easier to control and harness for productive purposes. The number of people who experience mania now is something like one percent, if you have the real static by all means post it, but those who experience it now end up severely disabled by the symptoms. We are like crappy prototypes for new video games and technology; Just an early attempt at progress. It will take thousands of years for mania to dilute through natural selection before it is an asset as opposed to a liability.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 4:29 pm

grahamcakes wrote:
We are like crappy prototypes for new video games and technology; Just an early attempt at progress.

I love how creative your writing is. :) And yeah, if the bugs get worked out it probably will be an improvement; no fatigue, depression, self-doubt, etc. At least that's what I THINK the positive side of mania is like - I've never experienced mania myself, just read about it.