Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2010, 1:49 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBUc_kATGgg[/youtube]

if the results of your "magical" endeavor are indistinguishable from the results of random chance, you could have better spent your time baking cookies.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2010, 2:08 pm

waltur wrote:
if the results of your "magical" endeavor are indistinguishable from the results of random chance, you could have better spent your time baking cookies.

Well, Carl Jung might be right in that its really about interplay with the subconscious. Just for that value it may not need to be anything more real than lavish self-administered attempts at synergy. Of course if they start sacrificing backlavah or perfectly good beer that could be an issue.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2010, 2:18 pm

Libations have a respectable history as a form of sacrifice requiring minimum prep and energy drain.

Baklava is something else again - not sure I could go that route. Giving it up for lent is bad enough.

I have a great recipe obtained from one of my students years back. A Palestinian version, it is a bit lighter but we think better than most Greek and other versions we have tried.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2010, 2:28 pm

Philologos wrote:
something else again - not sure I could go that route. Giving it up for lent is bad enough.

I have a great recipe obtained from one of my students years back. A Palestinian version, it is a bit lighter but we think better than most Greek and other versions we have tried.

Yeah, with hours of experience in stacking filo dough I think you can appreciate my point.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2010, 3:13 pm

waltur wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBUc_kATGgg[/youtube]

hey its like any prayer-dumb luck