Page 7 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 12:40 am

I feel like I'm still college age in my mind, but my body feels like I'm ready for retirement.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

French_Lola
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2010, 3:40 am

I feel older than my actual age (and always have) because I see people around me as immature (just check the ridiculous shows they watch on tv). I care deeply about things like nature, ecology, animal rights, which pretty much everybody ignores completely.
Oddly enough I can enjoy "immature" things like teddy bears, drawing, or simply jumping around like an idiot :lol:
And i bet people see me as a little girl because of the way i talk, or simply am. For one thing I always have a finger in my mouth, being discretely eaten :roll:
I guess I'm both younger and older than my chronological age :lol:

Element333
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2010, 9:21 am

It's weird, but when I was a kid, I felt much older than my real age at the time. Now, I feel much younger than my current age, 42. I feel like I'm about 25. Too bad I don't look like it, lol.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2010, 2:21 am

I don't know about feeling any particular age but when I compare myself with others I find I enjoy older people a lot for one set of reasons and younger people for another.
I am often seen as slightly younger than I am yet when I entered my teens I was seen as older than my peers?
I am often seen as kind of a fool or innocent which is odd as I have lived a very full and often challenging life.
Does that make me feel any particular age - not really.
Does that answer the question?

peace j

AspieMom3
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Apr 2010, 4:23 am

No not at all .... I have never felt my actual age. I am now 42 and can't believe that I am that old. I still have the mind, excitement and wonder of someone much younger and I find a lot of adult type problems ( money, inlaws, bills, etc ) to be very very overwhelming and a source of anxiety / panic attacks.

AspieMom3

AspieInTraining
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Apr 2010, 10:51 am

Just yesterday, I turned 54 years old. My brother (who is three years older than me) phoned to say "happy birthday," and asked, "Can you believe that you're almost half way through your 50s?" I told him that I didn't feel that old at all. I feel much younger physically (perhaps like I'm still in my 20s). I walk, jog, and run regularly, and go to the gym twice a week to lift weights, and to use the treadmill, elliptical, and exercise bike. I doubt there are very many other women my age who are still that physically active. Mentally I feel younger too, which I think is good. I think that having a young mental attitude helps me stay cheerful and creative, and helps me avoid the cynical, discouraged, and even depressed mental attitude I notice in other people my age who do feel like their actual age. Since I'm an aspie, and since my husband doesn't enjoy a lot of parties and socializing either, we don't go to very many parties and social gatherings. And (since we love ballroom dancing) most of the social events we go to are dances, not just those types of parties where people sit around, visit, and eat unhealthy calorie-laden foods. At the dances, we spend most of the time dancing (burning off calories), and little time eating the refreshments. So I think that a limited social schedule is actually good for our health, and helps us both keep thin and healthy. I've noticed that many of my neurotypical friends and co-workers who do a lot of socializing are quite overweight, at least partially because they eat so much unhealthy food at their social gatherings. For most people, socializing and eating junk food seem to go hand-in-hand. But it doesn't have to be that way. I attend a noontime walking club with my co-workers at which no food is eaten. We just enjoy visiting together while we walk (on an indoor track during cold days, and outdoors on warm days). Many in the club have commented that it's a wonderful way to make new friends, get exercise, burn calories, and then return to work refreshed! The walking club is helping me immensely to learn to socialize appropriately, and overcome the poor social skills I have struggled with for so long as an aspie! :D

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 11:00 am

Fort56 wrote:
Do you feel younger than your chronological age?

No. I feel older than my chronological age.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Apr 2010, 5:02 pm

When I was younger, (childhood specifically,) I always felt older than everyone around me. Now, in my fifties, I feel younger than most. :? It doesn't help, that I look about 15 years younger than my actual age, either. Not trying to cover the gray hairs anymore, at least gets me respect! 8)

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2010, 10:36 pm

Unico wrote:
I also generally feel much younger than my real age (27), and sometimes don't feel like any age at all.

You don't feel like any age.. how do you explain that? LOL

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2010, 10:38 pm

Unico wrote:
I also generally feel much younger than my real age (27), and sometimes don't feel like any age at all.

You don't feel like any age.. how do you explain that? LOL

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2010, 10:39 pm

I feel younger than my age (43)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 May 2010, 3:02 am

I'm 27 & in some ways I feel much older because I kind of have a conservative lifestyle that is more common amongst the older generation; I have conversations with older people about how society's values/morals are going down hill. But most of the time I feel like I'm still a kid because I have very immature interest in TV, music, comedy & I think lots of high-school students are much more independent than me

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

twitching77
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2010, 1:56 am

this happens to me alot. . .and my general age changes. . .though i'm always younger then i really am (27).

sometimes i feel like i'm around 13 years old (though a very mature and polite 13 year old).
sometimes i feel 7 or 8 years old. very polite, very naive and trusting, and the world around me is still magical.
and sometimes i literally don't know how old i feel. not sure how to explain that one, i just don't know.

and there's been several times where someone has brought up my age, or something else makes me realize my true age (filling out papers for instance). . .where i feel shocked that i'm actually as old as i am. lol i even flat out told my councilor once that she was wrong and i wasn't that old. . .i was convinced in that moment that there was no way i could be that old.

Psygirl6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2010, 8:26 am

nick007 wrote:
I'm 27 & in some ways I feel much older because I kind of have a conservative lifestyle that is more common amongst the older generation; I have conversations with older people about how society's values/morals are going down hill. But most of the time I feel like I'm still a kid because I have very immature interest in TV, music, comedy & I think lots of high-school students are much more independent than me

I have the same thing. I always talk like I am older because I always compare how growing up in the 90's is than today. Plus, I always complain about how kids today glamorize things that was once taboo (like teen pregnancy) and other issues. Yet, I dress like a child, play with kids toys, and watch kids stuff and feel like a kid. I just consider myself a very smart, intelligent little girl.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2010, 7:36 am

It is embarrassing how young I feel, how immature I am. When I was a child I used to think, who are these people and why do they constantly tell me what to do? I never felt they had any right or power over me. I never felt secure or relaxed around them. They have always been a mystery to me. Now I think, who left me alone here today? lol It is pathetic. I'm low functioning except for work.

:?

Last edited by alone on 02 Jun 2010, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ED-209
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 May 2010, 1:26 pm

I feel younger than I am(38), but don't have the spontaneity. Usually I feel like mid-20s to 30-ish. This is because I lack the responsibilities(career/family) of people my own age. Some of my co-workers tell me they envy my freedom, if they only knew......

Younger people usually think I'm much younger than I am, but I'm pushing forty so I'm sure this will stop soon. I also do not want to be the "old guy in the club".