issues from former relationship causing trouble in new one

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

dragonlady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2009, 11:34 pm

a few years ago, i broke up with a guy who was untrustworthy, physically and emotionally abusive, and generally a jackass. not long after, another guy, already a good friend, asked me out and i accepted. he knew of my bad relationship already and was worried i would do something stupid and deliberately hurt myself after the breakup, which is why he asked me out so soon afterward. now, we live twenty miles away from each other and don't get to see each other very often. i am starting to lose my temper with him and have deliberately not spoken to him on occasion. i also have trust issues, as my former boyfriend was completely untrustworthy around other girls. i really love the guy i have now and i hate the way i've been towards him at times. there have been times when he's thought of breaking up with me because of the problems, but hasn't because he knows i would lose it and, most likely, do something stupid. he also cares for me a lot. i don't know how to deal with these issues so i can save the relationship and my sanity.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 2:19 am

Hmm.....it sounds like you just need to start seeing him a little more. :chin:

Those who know, don't speak.