Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 11:49 pm

Harvey Dent style!!

No. But seriously.

Here's the deal. So I'm coming home from work on my bike. I'm riding down the sidewalk, and there are a group of girls walking in front of me. So I call out politely, "Excuse me." They turn and look at me, while continue walking in my path. I call out again, and they let me by. Once I ride past them, they bust out laughing.

I'm a loser for being polite?! Yet if I yelled "GET THE F*** OUTTA MY WAY!!" then I'd look like an a**hole.

What should I do?

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 12:04 am

Girls, always, laugh...

Why would you think they where laughing at you? If they're laughing its most likely because one of them said something.. aka, "he was cute" etc. No?

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2009, 12:04 am

Are you sure they were laughing at you?

I get all kinds of things happening to me that I don't feel I deserve as well. Sometimes, I'll be listening to my music while walking, and a car will go right by me (I'll be on the left/right hand side of the road). The person in the car will scream at the top of his lungs, "HI MUTANATIA!" And this will startle me and leave me rattled for quite some time. In fact, it almost always ruins my walk. EDIT: When they do it, that is.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 12:23 am

Girls treat me like s**t. If I were to list everything they've said to my face or how they've acted towards me, you wouldn't believe me.

And I do nothing that calls for it. You'd see I'm very respectful, and I'm easy to get along with.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 12:34 am

If I only had a penny for every time people have laughed at me or yelled something while riding my bike. I am so used to it, I dont even bother to listen anymore. Just think who will have the last laugh when they are big and over weight and you are still fit from biking.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 10:39 pm

Having been a teenage girl, who, at one point, hung around with other teenage girls (albeit ackwardly), I can tell you for certain that they would have laughed and giggled no matter who or what you were.

If you are a gorgeous hunk of burning love, they'll giggle at that. If you're kind of goofy-looking, they'll giggle at that. If you are so ordinary that there is nothing to giggle about...they'll giggle about that.

You see, before you even came into view, they were already talking about sex. They were giggling to each other about that cute guy in Algebra class, and sex, and the English teacher with the armpit stains, and sex, omg, how gross! Tee hee hee. And then you came into view, while they were talking about those things. And now, all of a sudden, TEE HEE HEE!! !! OMG!! ! TEE HEE HEE!!!There's an actual person (19 year old male?) who witnessed us talking about guys and sex!!

So, really. Don't take it personally. It's them. Teenage girls have there little secret unspoken language between them, and all you need to do is come into their field of vision at the wrong time, and you'll be giggled at.