What are some of your favorite sayings?

Page 74 of 76 [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2007, 1:55 am

There's more than one way to skin a cat, wanna see?

RadiationHazard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2007, 1:57 am

I don't expect anyone to get this without being a HUGE comic book fan.

"What happens when an irresistable force meets an immovable object? One of them gets pissed off and breaks the universe for everyone."

Dr. Chase: I'm Australian.

Dr. House: You put the Queen on your money, you're British.

Alvy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Apr 2007, 10:16 am

Don't judge a book by it's cover. Judge it by the blurb.

chairbreak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Apr 2007, 10:34 am

My friends are geeky enough that I can usually exit a conversation by saying "I have to go now, my planet needs me" (Simpsons quote)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 11:35 am

Quote:
Whoever saves one life saves the world entire

From Schindler's List DVD case.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 1:11 pm

"Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them."

- Bob Dylan

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Apr 2007, 4:24 pm

bob dylan rules

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 7:05 pm

"You should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today." - Nine Days, If I Am

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this sucks and blows!" - Bart Simpson

"Gosh!" - Napoleon Dynamite

And my favorite...

"OBJECTION!" - Phoenix Wright

MorrisonZeppelin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2007, 10:48 pm

I always say "Oh my big gay god!" and "cool beans"

squatterandtheant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 12:29 am

"If you're ever gonna take a dump in your hands, you need to have big hands and make sure they're cupped tightly"

Words of wisdom from Bernard the local (friendly) tramp, on Tues 10th April 2007 outside Murray's newsagents when he saw I was buying toilet paper.

Thanks Bernie man, your violent drunken wreckless abandon always enlivens our sleepy street but, forgive me if I dont shake your hand!

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 7:26 am

"Tonight... we dine in HELL!"

Damn, those Spartan guys were awesome.

Racer_J
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2007, 10:04 am

Sorry to bump this dead topic, but I just had to say something since I've drank a little bit...
This quote was back on the first page I think...
"If one wishes to find consolation in this world, one must be prepared to accept at least one or two large lies" Graf Ulrich von Bek

I can't argue with it, it's a compelling quote, but at the same time, I can't help but assume it has to do with religion. Do you really have to "Believe" to be consoled? Can't I just seek the truth in everything? Or am I interpreting this wrong?

If so, then ignore the rest of this, until the quotes at the bottom :lol:

I don't know if it's an aspie part of me but I always seem to want to know the hard facts of things, which doesn't quite match up with the ol' bible.

I do believe something made this universe... that's it. In my mind, that "something" wasn't a human-type being (the bible says people are created in the image of God). I don't believe a bunch of stuff that was written thousands of years ago with no proof... the other day in the newspaper I happened to glance at the spiritual page, and somebody asked for proof that there is life after death. The guy had proof!! ! "The lord died and then rose again from the dead, returning from the dead and ascending into heaven to give us eternal life!! !" Not quite the proof I was seeking. I don't recall the creation of billions of solar systems in our universe being mentioned in the Book. How can people call Islam crazy (it is pretty extreme, like many others) when our religion (referring to christianity) was also just sortof "made up" a couple thousand years ago?

Not to be a diabolical as*hole (really, I'm not), because I have always been a christian in "principle" but have trouble believing something that a large part of the world assumes is true because of the bible. The average schmo wasn't very bright back then, even less so than today if i'm not mistaken (to be taken with a grain of sarcasm). Sometimes it seems the bible is really just a reason to scare people in to holding morals, but no scare tactics should be required, although I guess they are... sometimes I hate people as a whole.

Please don't start a huge argument over this, just in case somebody wanted to, because I'm not trying to start any fights or anything... just really want an answer to the "are we supposed to believe lies?" stuff... Maybe in 20 years I'll believe the stories just so that I can be consoled like everyone else does when they grow up.

Or maybe the quote wasn't referring to religion after all... maybe just old fashioned "skeletons in the closet" type stuff.

Anyways, the suess quotes are pure gold. And since there's so much simpsons talk, anybody remember Burns saying, "Smithers! There's a rocket in my pocket!"?

How bout Tom Petty? People come, people go; some grow young, some grow cold

Nellie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2007, 11:38 am

Here's mine: (sorry if I offend)

"Opinions are like @sses. Everybody has one"

"When you assume you make an ass of u and me"

The last one is from the military. I've been a victim of assumtions way too many times.

oh, and I almost forgot.

"Praise shames me, for I secretly beg for it"

~Rabindranoth Tagore~

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 6:15 pm

Little pickers wear bigger knickers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2007, 6:31 pm

“I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.” - Charles M. Schulz

- Emerson

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

22 Jul 2007, 6:46 pm

"Live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now."
~Viktor Frankl