Do I look like a stoned clown?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 4:54 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You look like a normal teenager with normal teenage issues -- self-conscious, serious about life and blooming adulthood, and I assume your hairstyle is in line with whatever the kids are doing these days (I feel like hair styles have been steadily progressing back to the 70s and early 60s at this point). Rest assured you'll look different when you get older, and that plenty of girls right now will find you attractive. Just don't overthink it, you look fine.

Italianwolf77
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 6:36 pm

You don't look like a clown at all, or stoned. No idea why someone would think you look like either.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 10:09 pm

People do think we're 'stoned', though, there's a look to the gaze of people with AS that might be described as vague or blurry or unfocused or 'soft', I don't see it myself when I look in the mirror but I went to a conference on autism once and I could see it in other autistics. I get lots of comments about my eyes/gaze, some people think I'm blind. It's quite a problem really when people presume you're on drugs, that's why I recommended the neat and tidy appearance thing, just to sort of stave off any presumptions of drug use.