Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

plasticities
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2009, 6:18 pm

I've not posted here very often, but when I have it's been to moan about my non existent career prospects. However now I have a positive reason to post.

I started a job last week setting up and repairing guitars. I studied lutherie for 2 years and found I had a natural talent for it. Someone I'd went to college with works for a local distribution centre and he recommended me to his boss. As my usual stumbling block is the interview process I was very relieved to find that I was simply required to demonstrate my abilities and given the job there and then. So I started my trial employment 3 days a week and by my second day my new boss was asking if I could do and extra day, and then again this week. So now I have a full time job in the area of my special interest.

I hope this doesn't sound like bragging, it's really not. It's just that a few weeks ago I was miserable because I didn't know if or how I would ever start a career and I'm sure there's many people here because they feel the same way.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 7:17 pm

Good for you :P Well done!

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 10:11 pm

Doesn't sound like bragging AT ALL -- success stories are wonderful to hear, and I for one wish we could hear more of them!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story!

11krage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2009, 11:16 am

Congraduations, its always inspiring to hear success storys. Particually for those of us who have yet to find our niche in life. It gives hope, so I certainly wouldn't consider it bragging.

http://the-quiet-ones.blogspot.com/

plasticities
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2009, 4:44 pm

Thanks for the congratulations folks.