Those restaurants in department stores

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 8:40 pm

I wonder if they still have those Little Caesars Pizza Stations in Kmarts, nowadays (mine closed a few years ago). Also, I remember going to a McDonald's in a Wal-Mart, once.

LucidDreamGod
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2009, 8:42 pm

I think so, I remember going to Little Caesars well visiting my older brother. That was probably the best pizza and wings I ever had, or at least some of the best.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 8:59 pm

The Wal-Mart where I live still has a McDonald’s. As for pizza I recommend Stefano's - Two Guys From Italy
6705 Hollywood Blvd, near Las Palmas
Los Angeles, CA 90028
But if you go there make sure you order the regular pizza with NO extra toppings and tell them NOT to sop-up the grease after it’s cooked.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 9:18 pm

Yeah Wal-Mart near my house has a McDonald's a Wal-Mart in AZ has a Subway. Also the Target near my house has a Pizza Hut.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 9:28 pm

Mmmm Pizza Hut.......*drools* :P :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 11:30 pm

One of the Wal-Marts in the area has the world's best smelling Subway. So as soon as you walk in, you smell all of these delicious subs. However, I like the other Subways in the area better (except the nasty gas station one). I know of at least three within five miles of my house, so there's a lot to choose from. As for restaurants in other supermarkets, I can't think of any others that have any around here. Although I know of a Wal-Mart in Houston with a McDonalds in it.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2009, 11:43 pm

The Target in The Mall at Prince Georges in Maryland has their own small restaurant that sells pizza, chicken tenders and such.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 2:54 am

In Edinburgh, ASDA in Chesser Avenue has a McDonald's. Tesco in Broughton Road has a Costa Coffee shop. Those are two that stand out as having branded cafe/restaurant areas in them, but some other supermarkets have supermarket cafes that are simply under the supermarket's branding, and which I think are run by the likes of Eurest, Sodexho, and Aramark.

invisiblem0nsters
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2009, 3:12 am

I'm a loyal patron of the Wal-mart McDonalds.
:thumleft:

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 12:02 pm

I don't know if this counts but a lot of grocery stores are starting to have little Starbuck's inside.

Also, IKEA has a good-size swedish restaruant. IKEA's so freaking huge 8O

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 9:42 pm

The Walmart near my has a McDonald's in it. Some of the other Walmarts in the area have Subway. The Targets in my area have their own Target cafes. The Kmart in my area used to have a Little Caesar's inside, but it closed down years ago.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Sep 2015, 10:07 pm

The WalMart where I worked had a McDonalds but it closed shortly after I started working there. The WalMart me & my girlfriend go to has a Dunkin Donuts but Dunkin Donuts is all over around here. I never seen or heard of a restaurant or fast-food type place at a kMart or Target before.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2015, 10:16 pm

I half expected this to refer to the lunch counters at Woolworth's.

I remember seeing one in Houston when I was a kid, but didn't eat there.

In my county, only the drug store has a built in lunch counter. It's been around since the store was originally opened way back when. I've never eaten at it, but I occasionally think about going to it to see how good their food is.

My cousin used to eat there several times a week when he was in jail. When he got 30 days in the local jail in the late 1970s, they would frequently release him long enough at lunch time to go to the drug store to eat.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Sep 2015, 5:55 am

My nearest Wal-Mart has a Subway restaurant, and my local Target has a food court, too, serving all sorts of things from popcorn, pretzels, and Pizza Hut personal-sized pizzas.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

SpongeBobFan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2015, 8:31 am

In the UK, ASDA (which I should point out is owned by Wal-Mart) either has its own branded restaurant or a McDonald's. Last time I went to America just over a month ago too, the Wal-Marts had either McDonald's or Subway

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 12:27 pm

Every big Walmart in my area (there are several) has some kind of fast food restaurant inside, typically a McDonald's or Subway, but one has a Burger King. The smaller Neighborhood Market Walmarts don't have them, though.