ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 5:41 am

Very nice. Now can you please, pretty please
unstick the damn thing allready? Or at least
give a good reason why its a sticky? Or you
can ignore and continue doing it the way you
like it and continue to piss people off - your choice.
Why have you made this a sticky thread?
I`m close to demanding a clear answer
from you. So answer me this:

Why have you made this a sticky?
Give me the reason please.

And i repeat, either this thread is unstuck or everyone
here get their own thread to stick. This is not fair in any
way and you know it. This is your own personal thread.
Had you not been a mod, it would not have been stuck,
not a chance in hell. So you tell me, how is this fair to
the users here?

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 31 Mar 2009, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 5:47 am

Because I didn't want to fetch it back from the depths of whatever hell the Random Discussion threads go to.

If you don't like it, lump it. Once I am finished, I will leave it stickied for another few weeks, then unsticky it. Happy? No? Tough.

On sabbatical...

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 5:50 am

Quatermass wrote:
Because I didn't want to fetch it back from the depths of whatever hell the Random Discussion threads go to.

If you don't like it, lump it. Once I am finished, I will leave it stickied for another few weeks, then unsticky it. Happy? No? Tough.

Just as i thought. You are a selfish man.
And i will spend some time on making
you loose this mod job of yours. You
are not close to being good mod material.

A mod sticks a personal thread, when he gets cricitc
on it his answer is;

"you dont like it? Tough"

Yeah... f**k you pal. You`re doing a rotten
job and you are very selfish. Shame on you.

Keep your little ego-trip stuck, fine. Show the
world what you are made of, fine with me.

""Because I didn't want to fetch it back from the depths of whatever hell the Random Discussion threads go to. ""

But you see, thats where threads go when people are finished
with them. And thats where your thread are going the second
you unstick it. You`re just putting off the inevitabel to feed your
own ego and to be honest, it sickens me. It makes my gut turn.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 6:59 am

Maybe I'm being selfish, but I thought that some people might like to hear about my trip overseas. One user complaining will not deter me. Maybe if more did, but that's a very big maybe, and I don't want you deliberately inciting people, just to get your own way.

As for your threat to demod me, only Alex can do that. And I seriously doubt that he would take your trivial complaint seriously. So don't write checks that you can't cash.

On sabbatical...

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 7:10 am

Well having it as a sticky isn't too bad, it doesn't take up much space, and people could read at their ledger, sounds pretty natureal for him to use his mod status to stick it so he doesn't lose where it is, I am sure people can or have done worse things with a mod status.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 9:34 pm

Loved the latest entry, Quatermass. :)

People who are not interested in the blog don't have to read it, and making a personal attack on a mod is never a good idea. :roll:

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 10:06 pm

Some random thoughts...

Leeds Castle... Didn't see any Taran Beasts?

Do they still have the "Dog Collar Museum" attached to the castle? That was bizarre.

The Greenwitch cruise... did you see the Thames Barrier? Cutty Sark? or have I got my Thames ends mixed up? Do they still have the Titanic Exhibition there?

"Who on Earth is Tom Baker?" is a relatively new book. What did you do to your copy? I got mine in the UK - and got it signed too :-)

Damn about the Alfred Jewel (though I didn't know what it was - had to look it up). I had the same problem in Vienna looking for the Spear of Longius. Curse those museums with important artifacts that seem to close when you approach.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2009, 2:12 am

gbollard wrote:
Some random thoughts...

Leeds Castle... Didn't see any Taran Beasts?

Do they still have the "Dog Collar Museum" attached to the castle? That was bizarre.

The Greenwitch cruise... did you see the Thames Barrier? Cutty Sark? or have I got my Thames ends mixed up? Do they still have the Titanic Exhibition there?

"Who on Earth is Tom Baker?" is a relatively new book. What did you do to your copy? I got mine in the UK - and got it signed too :-)

Damn about the Alfred Jewel (though I didn't know what it was - had to look it up). I had the same problem in Vienna looking for the Spear of Longius. Curse those museums with important artifacts that seem to close when you approach.

Didn't see the dog collar museum, Taran Beasts, the Cutty Sark (it was being renovated by the History Channel behind a construction fence), the Thames Barrier or this fabled Titanic Exhibition.

As for Who on Earth is Tom Baker, I got it in 1997 or 1998, took it to school almost everyday. I read it to death.

On sabbatical...

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Apr 2009, 2:14 pm

gbollard wrote:
".....Damn about the Alfred Jewel (though I didn't know what it was - had to look it up). I had the same problem in Vienna looking for the Spear of Longius. Curse those museums with important artifacts that seem to close when you approach....."

Quote:
The Inspector Morse episode "The Wolvercote Tongue" centres on the theft of a fictional Saxon artifact based on the Jewel.

Did you go to any of the places in Oxford that Colin Dexter writes so beautifully about in
the Inspector Morse novels?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 6:39 pm

Probably heard them mentioned during the tour, but I didn't pay attention to them that much.

On sabbatical...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 4:41 am

I've posted the final blog entry up guys. Sorry it took so long.

On sabbatical...

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 5:08 pm

It sounds like you were pretty much over it by the time you got back.

Hong Kong is smoggy alright. That's about all I remember. Smog and the fact that it looked like I was walking around in an anime. Now I know why their anime has such blurryness at times. It's smog.

I remember arriving back in Sydney and just walking around for days looking up at the clear skies. I hadn't seen proper cloudless skies for ages. Were you the same?

Regret? No.. Every trip is an experience.

My last big overseas trip included; a spectacular car crash, both my wife and I getting very sick - but she actually got hospitalised, an unexpected cold snap of minus eight degrees C when we were expecting mid-twenties temperatures, a major tongue rash from licking stamps which left me unable to talk. Getting drunk enough to allow my head to be shaved, well after midnight by a group of very drunken individuals on the top of a mountain in Switzerland with no medical facilities. There were a few other negative events too.

I don't regret any of it. I don't think I'd want it any other way. It gave me lots to talk about and some funny things to remember. You'll be the same.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 6:19 pm

8O

On sabbatical...

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 May 2009, 6:21 pm

Thanks for that final entry, Quatermass! I truly enjoyed reading about your travels. I also was pleased to find that I was not the only one who replaces beloved, worn out books with better copies. I thought I was the only one who did that. And it was particularly interesting to see how things were perceived by someone on the spectrum. That's what made it so interesting to me, as well.

DieMenschMaschine
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Aug 2009, 4:15 am

Hi, I'm getting ready to do some overseas traveling. I want to make a blog and update all of you on my travels. How do I make a thread into a sticky like Quartermass did?