Would you like to go to outer space?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

bistromathics
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2009, 10:55 pm

Absolutely yes. I'm hopelessly a space case. The thing I would most look forward to is the experience of seeing the earth from orbit, all 6-7 billion people down there, countless other species, everything we've ever known right before your eyes. Almost everyone who has had that experience says it's life changing. I'd want to use some future space elevator, of course. None of that silly mucking about with controlled explosions. Who'm I kidding, I'd even do it without the space elevator.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Mar 2009, 8:28 am

(Yes and No)

In the sense of the real world from perhaps NASA space center---No. I would find it too scary for me---the risk factor concerns me.

But to be able to go to a real life Lost in Space (the 60s version of the show) would sound fun. Or to go on board a real life version of the Enterprise (Star Trek) would sound fun. But gee---wouldn't that be risky in real life?

rocketman99
Butterfly
Butterfly

Location: Apartment A305, Astronaut Complex, Kerbal Space Center, Kerbin

30 Jul 2015, 3:50 pm

Well, I for one would kinda be a bit bored. I mean, the view's great, but even an Aspie gets bored if he stares out the window long enough. :hmph: I would rather actually GO somewhere in space, like Mars. It would be a bit more interesting if you weren't confined to a tin can falling at 17,000 miles an hour around a planet you've been on your entire life. (I love Kerbal Space Program though.)

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 3:56 pm

Floating around in zero gravity, eating food from tubes, going to the bathroom in your space suit...it's everything I've ever dreamed of and more! :mrgreen: