Aspergers group For teens and Young adults in Camarillo CA

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 9:58 pm

I Have an Aspergers support group for Teens and Young Adults. It's Held In Camarillo. People from all over the area come. We have people from Simi Valley and even Santa Barabara.

What: Aspergers Support for Adolescents Plus Group
When: Every Last Friday of the month, and different weekends when we have something fun scheduled.
Where: Proverbs Coffee House, 71 Loma Dr, Camarillo. Proverbs Coffee House Website
Contact: [email protected] If you would like more information. :)

The space is offered by The Peace Lutheran Church to community groups.

I would put our website link here, but it's currently not up to date.

It's actually very very fun. The parents/Grand Parents/gaurdians/whatever else hang out, and talk about their kids and other such things, and the Teens and Young Adults Hang out, Talk, Share interests, and Play games. I've made a bunch of friends, and we all have a good time.

There are mostly boys (only two girls besides me come, and only very rarely), so we are looking to get some more girls into the mix.

:) I hope some of you guys on here will be able to come. I have no clue whether anyone is actually around that area who is on here.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2009, 10:22 pm

what is the age limit on these? i am 22 lol so I guess it is too late for me..

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 12:57 am

Learning2Survive wrote:
what is the age limit on these? i am 22 lol so I guess it is too late for me..
Nope. That's still a young adult.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2009, 7:55 am

you can also contact the local high school's special education department and see if they could help you organizing something like that. you can also do it through the local autism/asperger's association - there is one in every state.