Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JediFrogman
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2005, 5:45 pm

This is my first posting ever on these forums...I am male, gonna be 25 in a few weeks, and self-diagnosed, and felt it was time to get involved on this site.

I have two questions for anyone who has found workarounds for these issues:

First of all: I've tried touching women in harmless places, such as on the arm, while in conversation, but I got a very awkward vibe from the whole thing. How do I touch someone appropriately at the right time?

Second question: I'm getting better at ID'ing indicators of interest; I've successfully predicted romantic relationships starting as much as a month in advance...but when I'm the one receiving these signals, I draw a blank. Instead, I have a tendency to get 'overloaded' and then I will either a.) freeze up, b.) send the wrong signals back, or c.) commit a faux pas.

Either way, any possibility of succeeding would then be gone. How do I 'raise the stakes' once I have a buying signal? I've had a couple girls interested in me in the past few years, but one of them complained that they never knew where the relationship was going. This is because I don't know how to handle the info and send something back their way.

Any information on these subjects, no matter how insignificant, would be useful...thanks a bunch and happy holidays!

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2005, 6:53 pm

JediFrogman also sent his excellent questions to me to answer in Dear Aspie... He read my reply and was kind enough to say:

JediFrogman wrote:
Wow...you've done amazingly with this question...I will definitely look into these things! Thanks for your input; I look forward to what lies ahead in the next question!

Anyone interested in the reply can read it here:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.html?name=blogview&user=GroovyDruid

Boldness has genius,
Power and magic in it.

--Goethe