Does anyone else have this sense of humour?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 1:00 pm

-x-x-ANONYMOUS-x-x- wrote:
Are we just happy people or are we insane?
You're letting off steam and connecting with each other. That's good medicine. Unless you're disrupting a funeral, I don't see a problem.
"Your right to swing your arm ends where my nose begins."

"b9" is a jerk in that he is bothering other people. His humor is not benign at all, but abusive. They're not just having fun and being insensitive to others. They're enjoying the power rush that comes from inflicting discomfort. That's sadistic.

MmeLePen wrote:
Cool hwip. Cool hwip. Cool hwip. Language is fun!
Good one.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2009, 1:25 pm

Sometimes I'm like this. Mainly on chat-rooms or over IM but sometimes I say random things to my friends at school.
I'm not like this for the most part though.
I do laugh at random things though. It can be a pain when I'm in-front of the class doing something and I can't stop laughing about something that popped into my head. It's even more annoying when someone else is doing it and they think I'm laughing at them. Both have happened before xD.
EMZ=P

LivingOutsideTheBox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2009, 1:29 pm

Firstly: Random. Outbursts. Of hyped giggles...

Basically you're saying you're having A LOT of fun. ( Oh and LOVE too >.> Gief...(It's Springtime here... Everybody's dating)
As per usual, as long as what you do doesn't directly harm anybody, you shouldn't be worried by their judgings...

Personally, me and my bro have a vast library of thousands of quotes that borders on a different language, and I tend to laugh even when someone comically times a grave insult...(Instantly defusing the situation, by accident.)

Sense of humour=Good.
Prolly what I love the most 'bout my particulair blessing:
No matter what happens, It's amusing.
Incongruent with reality, but handy nonetheless.

Scorpio82
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Mar 2009, 1:38 pm

This sounds a lot like my sense of humor. The only problem is that it's rare to find other people who can relate to it. You're lucky if you have someone to share it with.

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 1:59 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
-x-x-ANONYMOUS-x-x- wrote:
Are we just happy people or are we insane?
You're letting off steam and connecting with each other. That's good medicine. Unless you're disrupting a funeral, I don't see a problem.
"Your right to swing your arm ends where my nose begins."

"b9" is a jerk in that he is bothering other people. His humor is not benign at all, but abusive. They're not just having fun and being insensitive to others. They're enjoying the power rush that comes from inflicting discomfort. That's sadistic.

MmeLePen wrote:
Cool hwip. Cool hwip. Cool hwip. Language is fun!
Good one.

I laughed at my grandmothers' funeral...but so did the rest of my family. We're all screwed up in the head but it's one of my most cherished memories. (Anyone remember the final scene in Steel Magnolias after Julia Roberts' character dies and Olympia Dukakis grabs Shirley Maclaine tells Sally Field to "Hit this!"? Total chick movie but a great scene).

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 2:09 pm

LivingOutsideTheBox wrote:
Firstly: Random. Outbursts. Of hyped giggles...

Basically you're saying you're having A LOT of fun. ( Oh and LOVE too >.> Gief...(It's Springtime here... Everybody's dating)
As per usual, as long as what you do doesn't directly harm anybody, you shouldn't be worried by their judgings...

Personally, me and my bro have a vast library of thousands of quotes that borders on a different language, and I tend to laugh even when someone comically times a grave insult...(Instantly defusing the situation, by accident.)

Sense of humour=Good.
Prolly what I love the most 'bout my particulair blessing:
No matter what happens, It's amusing.
Incongruent with reality, but handy nonetheless.

That's me and my brother. We still "get" each other and have our own language - and we're in our 40's.

I was fortunate to marry a guy like that. One of our favorite movie characters to imitate is Lawrence from Office Space. I don't know why but he has a couple lines and mannerisms that are just so damned funny and fun to say.

Our favorite is: "Yeah, I'm doing the drywall down at the new McDonalds on Las Gallinas..." or something like that. Its so damned funny and fun to do! I don't know why. My husband does it much better, obviously, what with the male voice.

I found this video montage. But trust me - you either think its hysterical or you don't.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-uKlHuC6s[/youtube]

Whimsi-Cal
Raven
Raven

04 Mar 2009, 2:51 pm

Yes I have a strange sense of humor and I know its bad but sometimes I have to suppress inappropriate laughter when something bad happens or I am told something bad happened.

I also have ADHD but the thing is when I drink a lot of caffeine it has the opposite effect one me. It actually suppresses my mind and hyperactivity and I am better able to focus. Caffeine is a mild stimulant like Ritalin.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2009, 6:09 pm

I don't have that sort of sense of humor, really, though I do sometimes find random things funny.

I remember an embarrassing moment in fourth grade when I burst out laughing uncontrollably at the name of James Oglethorpe, founder of the colony of Georgia. The teacher wasn't very amused. It is a good thing I did not know the name of his father, Theophilus Oglethorpe, which is even funnier....

Anyway, even though I may not share it, I hardly think there is anything wrong with the type of sense of humor you have.

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2009, 7:51 pm

Yes! I totally have this type of sense of humor! My dh and I can laugh about words all day long. :D