Page 6 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Linder1980
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Location: New Zealand's finest Export...currently residing in Australia

01 Jul 2009, 2:12 am

* When I was about 3 or 4 I refused to eat anything but grated cheese for a month

* had read every book in my school library by the time I was about 10-11

* got invited to a girl from school's birthday party when I was 12 and bought her a training bra as her present because she said that's what she really wanted (I didn't think this was weird, but I got lots of weird looks, especially from the girls mum)

* Used to play "shop" by myself in the backyard and had a currency system devised of different types of leaves having different value. Mum got upset when I decided flowers would also make good currency and picked every flower on her favourite tree....

* didn't believe in Santa but pretended to in order to get more presents

many other weird things I did, but i have a shocking memory....

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 3:37 am

cutting holes to sheets by time i learned how to use scissors
one time my mum painted my hands i would run to nearrest wall tapping it (marks still see)
before time i knew what i was doing i used to eat everything including grapes and candys in shops sand etc of course this was one time incident since i got lectured for it (i thought they were free) :oops: my parents decided to keep me in stroller just in case i would do it again i had nothing against it though :lol:

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 3:39 am

Lots of things.

I would go into the woods and swing from tree to tree like I was a monkey. How I avoided breaking my neck is pure luck.

I would pretend I was a pitcher and throw a ball against the outside wall of my parent's house and field the deflections. That wasn't so bad, but I had an ongoing commentary of the game and crowd noise that must have entertained the neighbors.

I would try to outrun deer and rabbits that migrated into the yard. I imagine they hated me for it.

I'd like to roll a sock up and lie on my back and swat it back and forth trying to elude the other hand. This actually helped my hand-eye coordination tremendously.

I'd stage wars using coins, cards, or cans as the combatants.

I'd set up experiments based on my observations and a feeble knowledge of science. I should have been electrocuted in a couple of instances.

I could make some good sound effects and would make squealing tire noises when I ran around. My noises were far superior to my monotone speech at the time.

A couple of times I got so excited about something that I went outside without putting on my pants.

My Mom rightfully wanted to kill me on several occasions for wandering off any time we went somewhere. Actually, most of the time I would stop to stare at something that caught my interest, then I would look up and she was gone. Instead of staying put, I would then go hunting all over the place for her including places where she wouldn't even consider going to. On more than one occasion the police or security ended up being sent to look for me.

cazzie1984
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2009, 3:43 am

one thing i love was everytime we went on holiday or out for the day on the train, i would list every singly stop, wired or what,

i love it and i got upset if i miss one out grrr,

i use to watch the same video over and over and over again,

this sound a good post here reading what others did too,

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 11:50 am

as a kid, I'd often go around doing mimicry of television shows mainly around the breakfast table amongst my family :oops: :oops:..Also as a kid, I'd make odd gestures with with my fingers,something that my mom used to get on me for, as she would make the notion of saying,"Quit making those strange finger gestures.."

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jul 2009, 5:08 pm

I would talk about dinosaurs. A 2/3 year old pronouncing these huge long complicated words. My babysitter apparently told my mum that never before had she been corrected on names by a toddler when reading them a dinosaur book. PROUD! Shame I can sometimes struggle to say them now! I would also watch my videos over I think. Still do that.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 9:59 pm

kissmyarrrtichoke wrote:
I would talk about dinosaurs. A 2/3 year old pronouncing these huge long complicated words. My babysitter apparently told my mum that never before had she been corrected on names by a toddler when reading them a dinosaur book. PROUD! Shame I can sometimes struggle to say them now! I would also watch my videos over I think. Still do that.

Heh... I knew the names of every plant in my great aunt's many flower beds, and my grandmother's many flower beds, to the point that my grandmother still points it out to me today, and my great aunt would, but she died 4-6 years ago, don't remember when, as I was never that close to her. Sadly, I don't remember even a third of those plants by name anymore...

x-celevision
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2009, 10:14 pm

I used to dress up like Prince... back when his album and movie "Purple Rain" was huge I was so obsessed I put on my mom's wig and high heeled boots and sing "When the doves cry" into a toilet roll while staring at myself in the mirror. And I used to make my sisters be my back up singers while I sing songs by the Billy Ocean and the O'jays

is where my music can be heard

or just google "ryme styne"

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 10:28 pm

There were a few things I remember doing as a kid that I guess would be considered weird. I slept with my head under my pillow. I also used to fall out of bed onto the floor without waking up. When everybody else in grade school wanted to be a police officer, a doctor, a firefighter, etc., I wanted to be a quantum physicist. There probably weren't a whole lot of 6th-graders who could tell you the difference between fusion and fission or explain the physics behind lasers. This resulted from my obsession with reading encyclopedias, including the annual updates I begged my mom to order.

JanetFAP
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2009, 11:19 pm

This thread has morphed from wierd things to impressive things done when little - you guys are amazing! :thumleft:

kissmyarrrtichoke wrote:
I would talk about dinosaurs. A 2/3 year old pronouncing these huge long complicated words. My babysitter apparently told my mum that never before had she been corrected on names by a toddler when reading them a dinosaur book.

Padium wrote:
Heh... I knew the names of every plant in my great aunt's many flower beds, and my grandmother's many flower beds, to the point that my grandmother still points it out to me today, and my great aunt would, but she died 4-6 years ago, don't remember when, as I was never that close to her. Sadly, I don't remember even a third of those plants by name anymore...

x-celevision wrote:
I used to dress up like Prince... back when his album and movie "Purple Rain" was huge I was so obsessed I put on my mom's wig and high heeled boots and sing "When the doves cry" into a toilet roll while staring at myself in the mirror. And I used to make my sisters be my back up singers while I sing songs by the Billy Ocean and the O'jays

DarrylZero wrote:
There probably weren't a whole lot of 6th-graders who could tell you the difference between fusion and fission or explain the physics behind lasers.

Ange33
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jul 2009, 6:05 am

mcm15501 wrote:
- I began reading William Shirer's epic-length The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich - 1600 pages - at age 12 and pretty much had it read by age 14. My interest in that subject inspired me to start taking German classes in 9th grade; I stuck with it for three years and then let it fade, as by age 17 I had moved onto other topical interests.

And my peers thought me weird enough even without ever knowing most of this stuff.

OMG, my OH, who claims to be "normal" :lol: reads that book at least once a month and has for the last 20 + years.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 6:18 am

I believed in santa until I was nearly 12 *facepalm*, and I'm supposed to be "logical", HAH.

I had an obsession with the tweenies from age 7-9, all my obsessions as a kid have been really crap, not cool ones like dinasours or chemistry.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 6:21 am

MONKEY wrote:
I believed in santa until I was nearly 12 *facepalm*, and I'm supposed to be "logical", HAH.

I had an obsession with the tweenies from age 7-9, all my obsessions as a kid have been really crap, not cool ones like dinasours or chemistry.

before you jump on that they weren't cool, what were your obsessions? I was obsessed with being a teen in my tweens, believe me. Nothing I look back on thrilled with, I assure you.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 6:34 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

before you jump on that they weren't cool, what were your obsessions? I was obsessed with being a teen in my tweens, believe me. Nothing I look back on thrilled with, I assure you.

I have been obsessed with teletubbies, pingu, tweenies, bugs life and alot of other childish ones (often when I was too old for them). The only half good ones I've had are mermaids and dreams (that have lasted to this day but not to the same extent). I was also obsessed with being a teen! I used to think I'd suddenly become cool and I'd go on and on about growing up, from 9 upwards.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 6:36 am

MONKEY wrote:
TheDoctor82 wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

I have been obsessed with teletubbies, pingu, tweenies, bugs life and alot of other childish ones (often when I was too old for them). The only half good ones I've had are mermaids and dreams (that have lasted to this day but not to the same extent). I was also obsessed with being a teen! I used to think I'd suddenly become cool and I'd go on and on about growing up, from 9 upwards.

I was obsessed with becoming an adult at a young age....

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 7:08 am

Linder1980 wrote:
* had read every book in my school library by the time I was about 10-11

Haha, that was me, too. I read many of them during the classes. I think the teachers let me read them so that I would not be correcting their teaching or bugging them with difficult questions.