Diet and Brain Function: Eating Your Way to Higher Function

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Does Food Affect Your AS? (Food & Brain Video)
I'm on a special diet for managing my AS symptoms 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
I think I'm sensitive to gluten, yeast infections and/or refined carbohydrates 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
I'm allergic to one or a few specific foods that screw up my functioning 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
I can eat anything so long as it's not artificial and processed 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
I don't know, never thought about diet linked to changes in my AS symptoms 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
I can eat anything! Hand me another deep fried twinkie, Slim Jim! 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 42

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:46 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
MannyBoo wrote:
Any slightest deviation from the model diet, and emotionally drained and physically weak
Too much sugar, fat, chocolate, msg
Pretty much has to be perfect
Some people eat whatever they want , Energizer bunny

Yes, correct. So I wouldn’t simply call it just a “diet”, but it’s a truly complete Lifestyle change. You have to stick to this type of food, honestly, for the rest of your life.. If we live until 100, then it’s a long time. But much better than a lifetime of drugs and pills.

Drugs are just capsules or shots. If I could eat whatever I want, then I would be willing to take drugs and pills. Drugs are $$$$, but, in this thread, the financial cost is beside the point.

Self-Discipline is extremely important.

"Important" means "of great value". You can't measure the value of self disclosure. And what is the definition of self discipline anyways, in the dictionary?

Don’t fall for easy temptations to eat Inflammation-causing foods, such as meats, sweets, gluten, milk and dairy products.

That's cutting out a lot of food. Avoiding those foods might be ideal, but it costs $$ , and takes time and energy to cook or buy, alternatives. Soy products. Vegetarian (or vegan) sources of iron, protein, calcium costs $$$.

And keep eating broccoli and Cruciferous Vegetables everyday, to reduce the symptoms of ASD.

Which empirical study showed that broccoli reduces autism symptoms?

Well I actually save more money eating this way, than the old way. So costs are actually cheaper. Money saved by not buying tons of junk, is used for more healthier foods. I didn’t really find it hard to switch over at all. And the positive benefits were great.

The experiment in news reports is by Dr. Zimmerman and group.
https://www.pnas.org/content/111/43/15550.short

About the above Broccoli study, and other studies..

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 10:53 pm

Even the best diet won't do much good

Precious lil "people" eat junk food and they look functional

My only friend, ate a muffin, coffee, toast with Nutella, and a lot of salad dressing

Banana bread

She's like the Energizer Bunny

School from ,9 am to ,9 pm, and public transportation

7 am class the next day

Cold f**k

She told me that the cauliflower rice was "healthy" but that is way too vague

After I ate it, I realized that her definition of "healthy" is different from mine

Plenty of lil dipshits appear to eat whatever the f**k they want

They look healthy and happy

They wake up early and stay up late

School, work

Vibrant, zest, lively, lovely, animated

Batteries do not run out

Recharge

Zoned out

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 2:47 pm

Even the best diet won't do much good

Actually, the above diet does in fact do a lot of good.

Evidence clearly shows it has a positive effect on ASD in the groups studied. And I am one of those people that does it, and it positively works on me.

But you are saying it doesn’t work on you. Because you actually tried it and it failed? Or you are just assuming it will fail? Or you simply aren’t interested?

Well that’s OK. Please do whatever works for you then.

But the above diet does indeed work on a number of people, as the science shows, and that’s a fact. That’s why we keep on doing something.

Because it works.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 3:13 pm

If you learn to cook you will have more control over what you eat.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 8:57 am

This all makes so much sense to me. I highly suspect my mom was autistic, and she had so many food intolerances. I feel so much less cranky and more able to focus now that I have switched to low carb paleo/non-dairy keto. My daughter refuses to eat things that are too sweet or carby which is weird for a five year old, but is just her tuned in to herself.

I agree, if you throw away all the processed food and cook all your own food, it is so much easier to control. By cook, I mean half my diet is microwaved frozen vegetables with olive oil, it's not really any extra effort.