Anyone content with being themselves?

Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 10:55 am

Happy with myself yep, i feel i could die in the next moment and not feel any regret :>
I'm just mostly unhappy with the world as it is right now though, if there's an abuse of anything in this world, it's mostly power -.- (political, economical, ideological). I'll strive to change what i can, but i highly doubt anything i do will have any impact.

khelben1979
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2009, 11:58 am

phil777 wrote:
Happy with myself yep, i feel i could die in the next moment and not feel any regret :>
I'm just mostly unhappy with the world as it is right now though, if there's an abuse of anything in this world, it's mostly power -.- (political, economical, ideological). I'll strive to change what i can, but i highly doubt anything i do will have any impact.

Depending on what field you have skill in, you can always join more internet forums and try to help out in that way.

Joining the Ubuntu (Linux) forum definitely makes a difference, in my opinion, just to mention one place.

I hate to say this, but if everyone has a pessimistic opinion on what possibilites we all have to change the world in a positive way, then there will be no hope at all. It's not a waste of time.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 1:43 pm

dalcassian wrote:
For me, the break came when i was sixteen.

I was at this thing called a Rainbow gathering, which is alike a massive hippie camp out with a couple 10,000 people. I had always had long hair, and used to do this shaking-hand thing, so I attached a drum to my backpack and handflapped it all the time, so people wouldn't keep asking me why I was doing that with my hand. So when the hippies met me, some of them liked me, and I ended up going down to this gathering.

On July 4th, some people who didn't seem to like me (I hadn't met them before) started throwing rocks at me and calling me names and telling me to leave. After taking a few egg-sized rocks to the face, I decided that I would leave. I was too embarassed and beat-up looking to go home and explain YET ANOTHER SOCIAL FAILURE, so I went deeper into the woods.

It was july 4th or so when I went into the woods, and August 10 when I came back out. Not a soul knew where I was in the interim. I saw no one, spoke to no one, and had no gear other than my clothes and a knife.

It was SO EASY to live like that. There was no social interaction, and no need for it. No demand to produce words, no music playing, all the food was very simple, no giant hunks of glass and steel called cars hurlig past at unnatural speeds. Just the original world.

That's when I realized, or decided, that my mind was made for the original world, and everyone else's mind was made for the messed-up botch job that humans made of it. Life made a lot more sense after that. But i have felt vindicated ever since.

Thankyou for sharing that. What you described is close to how I feel. My sanity literally depends on renewing my bonds with nature as I feel practically zero bond with humans. And what they've [we've] done to screw up this planet is totally unforgiveable..I have tried to stay in places where there are more animals than humans. The 18 year old Buddha Boy somewhere near Nepal--does the same thing.

I can relate to most animals....cats, elephants, deer...and the rest of them. But I will never in this lifetime be able to feel the least bit of rapore with humans. ....Now that probably isn't what you were saying..but maybe you can understand where I'm coming from.

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2009, 4:28 pm

khelben1979 wrote:
Depending on what field you have skill in, you can always join more internet forums and try to help out in that way.

Or if nothing else, people who can better relate to you.

khelben1979 wrote:
Joining the Ubuntu (Linux) forum definitely makes a difference, in my opinion, just to mention one place.

Or it could also be a good place to get resources, insight, and/or mentoring if you want to pick up skills.

Quote:
I hate to say this, but if everyone has a pessimistic opinion on what possibilites we all have to change the world in a positive way, then there will be no hope at all. It's not a waste of time.

Halle-frickin'-lujah! You got that right!

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 12:01 pm

phil777 wrote:

I know exactly what you're talking about, I feel fine but when I feel the misery of the world I just wanna dig a hole and stay there. My friends in school find me odd since I'm very honest and open with them, I've over come my social anxiety a year ago but I can still feel hurt when someone says something to me in class but I just laugh for my self thinking that they will never understand nor feel and see the things I do.

:::)

Adam-Anti-Um
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 10:42 am

For years and years certain incidents and people in my life have made me feel like I should change myself to better suit others, however I have grown to accept myself for who and what I am, and those who don't accept it, can take a long walk off a short pier.

I have come to realise that fine tuning of my tendencies will be required, but as for my personality and mind as a whole, I am fine the way I am. I accept it. it's just a matter of whether anyone else can accept it.

"We can spend the rest of our existences stomping on the ants that are mysteriously coming out from under the refridgerator, or we can remove the spoiled food behind it which is causing the infestation to begin with." - Peter Joseph

Jamin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2009, 11:45 am

i_wanna_blue wrote:
Maybe it's ok to be me, to be quiet, and to lead an uneventful life.

Y e s. 8)

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2009, 11:58 am

I'm content with being myself. With having both Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder. Even if my life is full of failures, obstacles, and even if happiness is rare. Even if most NTs think I'm strange, and thus not accepting me. Few are the people who bring happiness in my life : my English teacher, and the few NTs who are accepting my difference and chatting with me. I'm also content of being myself because I'm quite intelligent and good at school : at least one success in my life.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 12:07 pm

DarthMaxeuis wrote:
I'm content with being myself. With having both Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder. Even if my life is full of failures, obstacles, and even if happiness is rare. Even if most NTs think I'm strange, and thus not accepting me. Few are the people who bring happiness in my life : my English teacher, and the few NTs who are accepting my difference and chatting with me. I'm also content of being myself because I'm quite intelligent and good at school : at least one success in my life.

I've got Asperger's Syndrome and Bipolar Disorder as well, but since I know what the problem is and what occurs in my body I can tackle my mania knowing that all is fine even if I go from super depressed to mega happy 5 times a day. (I just laugh at it, I'm mostly happy tho since I know there is nothing to be sad about, yes the pain is great but what the hell you gotta see the bright side of things and fully trust yourself and your mind in all loneliness).

You've been dealt your cards now play them to the best of your ability.

Hope you feel better.

:::)

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 12:08 pm

Happy? Honestly? No.

Why should I be? Everything I wanted in life I seem to be barred from. Whether from personal failure or the consequences of AS, my life is not what I had hoped for.

It's not as bad as it could be, and I've been blessed in other ways, so I try to see all of it as a trade off, but no, I'm not happy with how I am. I feel as if I've been massively cheated of the life I should have had.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 2:37 pm

i_wanna_blue, I have no problems with being the person I am in this stage of life or throughout my entire life as a whole in the most sincere fashion. Yes, I'm not the most athletic of people :oops: :roll: nor, am I the one with a masters degree in computer enginering.Anways, despite what I'm not as a person that means little or nothing to me for, I've learned to always express myself honestly & truthfully not lying unto myself or to others about my entire being on any level of such.. Well, the way I see it is, all people are different and unique whereby, one simply chooses to understand and accept such or merely be like the people of whom was once known to me simply seen as,"Witch-Hunters" or persons living in the Dark Ages of such.. Hopefully this has been beneficial unto everyone?

ProfessorX

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 5:19 pm

Yup....after most of my life hating myself for being weird and messed up, I'm now happy being my different, overly mechanical ASD self. I like my head the way it is.