AUTISM AND MENTAL RETARDATION ARE DIFFERENT!

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 5:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npQhtQw76lA[/youtube]

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 6:36 pm

So what's the point you're trying to make by posting this vid?

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 6:37 pm

garyww wrote:
So what's the point you're trying to make by posting this vid?

they're two different things

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 6:38 pm

I can't listen to what you're saying because of that music/noise in the background.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 6:52 pm

yeah, could you possibly provide a transcript? I can't follow along with much anyway unless I have something to read along with it.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 6:55 pm

So who ever said mental retardation was the same as autism? Even ret*d people and autistic people know the difference so what is your point? You think we're all stupid or something or like poorly made vids?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 7:20 pm

garyww wrote:
So who ever said mental retardation was the same as autism? Even ret*d people and autistic people know the difference so what is your point? You think we're all stupid or something or like poorly made vids?

Some here apparently DO have to hear such things. Hey, he treated this one like a personal talk, more than a radio show with rants. I think he did ok, even if he didn't really do well at presenting a convincing argument.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 7:21 pm

I forgot to add that if you want to maintain any credibility at all with autistic people it might be a good idea to get rid of the link in your signiture to "Moronicmovement" as many of us with a low IQ find the word Moron just as offensive as ret*d or Autie or Aspie.
If you're going to talk the talk then you got to walk the walk and so far you don't even come close to doing either.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 8:02 pm

garyww wrote:

have u ever been on the internet? honestly man. its all over utube and such. i was putting this up just so people who have to deal with all that BS

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 8:08 pm

garyww wrote:
I forgot to add that if you want to maintain any credibility at all with autistic people it might be a good idea to get rid of the link in your signiture to "Moronicmovement" as many of us with a low IQ find the word Moron just as offensive as ret*d or Autie or Aspie.
If you're going to talk the talk then you got to walk the walk and so far you don't even come close to doing either.

its my myspace link. it was originally my friend's page and u cant change the address. i want people to add me on myspace so sucks to be u.

Ixtli
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Mar 2009, 8:12 pm

A lot of people do equate autism with mental retardation. I had a teacher in grade 10 who accused me of plagiarism for just that reason, in fact. He had no evidence--there wasn't any, because I did the assignment myself--he just assumed that an autistic couldn't write what I did.

So, in point of mere purpose, I don't think DiabloDave did anything particularly wrong.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 8:35 pm

So I guess that you don't want ret*d people to be confused with autistic people and vice versa. Is that correct? And what about those of us who due to our IQ are also ret*d and autistic? Did you actually do any research and talk to any people who are in this range of existance and live between the lines of the two conditions or did you just decide to make this one of your projects like moronicmovement?

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 8:39 pm

Just because some people have MR and autism together doesn't make them linked. That's like saying autism and epilepsy are the same thing; and yet when you mention that autism and epilepsy aren't the same thing you don't have to say that some autistics also have epilepsy, right? It's a given. Groups overlap.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 8:41 pm

This is not particular to you DiabloDave (just about everyone does this), but I wish those who post videos would either post transcripts, or clearly signal in the subject line that video-footage is involved, so those of us who cannot view them on our tired obsolete 52k dial up modems would know to not bother opening the thread. It's not as though there is any practical way of viewing video footage on a 52k dial up modem. The earth will only be here a finite time.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 8:46 pm

Of course we all know that MR and ASD are not the same condition and that is understood by almost everybody so a CAPITALS post telling us what we already knew seems a little pretentious and almost like an advertisement for a website and a video that was poorly researched.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 8:50 pm

garyww wrote:
Of course we all know that MR and ASD are not the same condition and that is understood by almost everybody so a CAPITALS post telling us what we already knew seems a little pretentious and almost like an advertisement for a website and a video that was poorly researched.

have u ever been on utube? thats where all the s**t is. thats y i made this video. poorly researched my ass!