Does your voice sound younger than your age?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 11:47 pm

Quite the opposite. My voice makes me sound older than I am. Some have said I sound a little like Dr. Gregory House. :P

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 2:33 pm

I have quite a deep voice for a girl. If I was to describe it, I would say I sound a lot like Adrian Monk (although I too sounded like Gregory House when I had a massive screaming fit!) or Stork from Storm Hawks. Y'know, soft and gentle with a large hint of FEAR!! !

Lev_is_me
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2009, 8:17 pm

My voice is the worst thing about me. It makes me sound like a little girl. ;_;
I wish I could have a nice deep voice.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 3:45 pm

my voice can go deep, and if im serious or angry, it darkish, but talking loudly and naturally, its very youthish yes.

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 12:13 am

My voice changes, its normally very deep and monotone. but sometimes it sounds like a child's voice, ive noticed more abnormalities in my speaking voice as ive grown older.

2ukenkerl wrote:
Maybe it is because I kind of talk from the front of my mouth.

That's interesting actually, i just tried talking from the front of my mouth then from my throat and it does make a difference :S

Never noticed that before lol!

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2009, 12:22 am

My voice is extremely deep, like basso-profundo Michael Clark Duncan deep. So I scare the crap out of my friends parents when I call. lol

And how exactly do you talk out of the front of your mouth?

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

Confused-Fish
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 12:42 am

Hard to explain lol, try it. you should be able to tell by the pressure in your mouth.

ive been experimenting (yes i really have been sat here talking out loud to myself :oops:) and i seem to speak clearest when i speak from the whole of my mouth (which feels a bit weird to me :S).. i feel kinda proud now, but i probably shoulda learned this as a toddler :S

CGstucknthe80s
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2009, 1:49 am

I got a weird voice. When I'm relaxed, I would think I sound like my age, although I don't have a high voice, it's also not all the way deepened. It's kind of like somewhere in between. But when I get serious or confident, my natural voice comes out as I have a deeper voice for my age. It's like Michael Clarke Duncan's voice, like how jamesp420's is. I used to joke that although I'm only 5'8" tall, I talk like I'm 6'8" :D . My mom's friend would joke and call me "Barry White Jr." LOL!

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 3:59 am

My voice sounds older, I believe. I don't have that high pitched squeal that most females my age have.

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 4:55 am

During winter when I am suffering from a cold I sound like a smoker (and I do not smoke!).

My voice is mostly lower than average.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 2:56 pm

I believe I have been informed that my happy voice is extremely high. I believe I attempt to deepen my little voice if speaking upon the phone, or with individuals that I have not spoken with in the past (as my paents inform me that I am difficult to understand), however his causes my voice to sound either deeper, constrained or as a whisper. A happy psychologist lady has recommended that I visit a speech therapist.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 3:01 pm

It definitely doesn't sound like the voice of someone younger, but it doesn't make me sound like someone older either. It is extremely monotonous and flat though. My intonation makes me sound sarcastic and apathetic, which I really loathe sometimes. I sound like Daria from the MTV cartoon...

millie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 3:02 pm

i have many voices. the way i speak - intonation, prosody - can vary considerably.
i mimic.