My bedroom walls have no posters - aspie thing or just me?

Page 8 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 5:10 am

I have 11 pictures on three of my walls and I have AS. But I am on the intelligent part of the AS spectum.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 5:28 am

empty walls for me too.

but i do know a few aspies who love the opposite... 8O

BTW: i am a designer and architect... go figure. :lol:

space_cadett
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2010, 7:30 am

It might be an aspie thing. I used to have bare walls, til my parents gave me their Auguste Rodin poster and a print of an old poster from the 1920s with a black cat (both framed). The Auguste Rodin poster is actually really relaxing to look at, it's not in your face or anything. I also have a flag of the union jack covering one of the side windows in the bay windows of my room to keep the perverts away. I have an eraseable calendar and a postcard of Rhodes, Greece by my desk.
When I was a teenager I had photos of green day on my walls but I always found them really distracting to look at.

I have never had photos of friends or very many relatives up though I do have a framed photo in my bookshelf of me with my late grandad when I was 3 yrs old. I always felt like my housemates must notice the lack of friends photos, they all have an entire shrine to their friends it seems.

amber_missy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Oct 2010, 8:52 am

When my younger sister was starting to get interested in bands and boys, she had posters all over her walls. She used to tease me and my parents were worried that I wasn't interested in the kind of thing they saw as "normal", so I put some posters up. At the time, the newspapers had a double-page poster every day of something science-y - so instead of bands, I had posters of the periodic table, endangered animals, species of trees, etc. I also got some embroideries I'd done framed and they went up too. Never really put any band/people pictures up...

Legacy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2010, 8:56 am

My walls are pretty much empty as well. I get extremely frustrated if things are crooked and not perfect so that is part of the reason there is nothing on the walls. There is one poster on my wall of a Subaru Legacy, it's not straight but for some reason it doesn't bother me too much and has stayed up.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 12:09 pm

I don't have anything on my walls yet (or even a mirror in my bathroom), though I now have lived in my flat for a year. But that's due to executive dysfunction, I guess. It just doesn't bother me, but once something came up it would be nice too.
It's also that my walls are made of concrete and I need one with a special tool to make holes, just haven't contacted one yet.
But maybe my support person can help me with that (I have got one from a center of counselling and support for adults with AS).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 12:14 pm

I have none in my room but I had up three posters in my apartment and I took them all down and put up a new one above the kitchen sink.

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2010, 4:37 am

It's probably an aspie thing, but I known an aspie whose walls have posters or cars and snakes and whatnot all over his walls. My walls are completely bare, save the cork board in the centre. But when I was 12, I papered the walls with pictures and posters or animals. Any animal, as long as it was 'cute', literally, so you couldn't see the wall underneath- it was ALL poster.
:L

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

I have posters in my room. Mostly of Dragons and maps of Fantasy Role-Playing Worlds. The Strangest poster I have in my room is of Oliver North of Iran-Contra fame.

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Oct 2010, 6:05 am

How is that an aspie thing? :?

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 8:27 am

It may be an Aspie thing, but not all people with Asperger's are that way. I know of two people that have Asperger's & one is a woman in her early 30's who's special interest has always been heavy metal bands. Her walls are covered with posters of various heavy metal bands. She uses them as wallpaper.

Also, for myself (undiagnosed, but I believe I most likely have AS or am somewhere else on the spectrum), I had my walls covered with posters from my pre-teens through my late teens/early twenties. I didn't remove them until I got tired of remarks from others telling me I was too old for all the posters. I'm 28 now, & haven't had posters on my walls for years, purely because of other people, & have decided that when we move within the next couple of months, I'm going to put posters up again. I already have three "The X-Files" posters & can't wait to buy more.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 1:18 pm

I don't know if it's an Aspie thing, but I have nothing hanging on my walls except one or two pictures. Other than that, I love the purple and green paint on my walls.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

28 Oct 2010, 2:58 pm

i only hang up landscape scenery paintings. usually of mountains, or of forests

thehandmedown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Oct 2010, 3:34 am

my walls are plain. I hated when my mother used to put stupid things on the walls back at home. Pictures and such. I dont see the point its to over loading to me. My gf teased me and told me if she had ever moved in with me she was in charge of decorating because I would make it look boring and lame.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 4:15 am

It would freak out if the walls have no posters or anything, I'm not used to seeing without one there. :lol:

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 4:18 am

I used to have Porsche and Lib Tech posters on my wall, but I've been too lazy to post them back up since I painted my walls - I don't like stapling or 3M foam tape raping my paint. I still have an oolllddd Paramore poster on my door - back when I saw them at the Vans Warped Tour in 2006.