Weird world!, What just happened?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2009, 10:42 am

I was sitting in the bus, getting home from work today. I was looking out of the window like I always do, but suddenly I noticed that everything seemed to go fast. I mean, in the terms of FPS. It was like the FPS of the world had increased dramatically. I also had this weird feeling in my head, but I think that I had that because of the "fast going world", and not vica versa.
I was pretty tired, so I felt asleep in the bus, and when I woke up everything seemed alright again.

I was just wondering if anyone know what that is?
What the course is?
And if you have ever tried it?

Once I'v also tried the opposite, where the world seemed to go in slowmotion. (No lag, it's the real world, so FPS only changes speed :P)

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 10:00 pm

TheSpecialKid wrote:
I was sitting in the bus, getting home from work today. I was looking out of the window like I always do, but suddenly I noticed that everything seemed to go fast. I mean, in the terms of FPS. It was like the FPS of the world had increased dramatically. I also had this weird feeling in my head, but I think that I had that because of the "fast going world", and not vica versa.
I was pretty tired, so I felt asleep in the bus, and when I woke up everything seemed alright again.

What the course is?

Once I'v also tried the opposite, where the world seemed to go in slowmotion. (No lag, it's the real world, so FPS only changes speed :P)

That sounds a lot like a temporal lobe seizure. Are you sure you fell asleep, or could you have lost consciousness? (You can have a seizure with or without losing consciousness). I've been reading a lot about these, because I sometimes get a weird, unexplainable feeling in my head, and I've been trying to find out what it is. I had an EEG, but the results aren't back yet. But from what I've read, the experience of having things suddenly go fast or slow, like you describe, is one of the kinds of things a person might experience with a temporal lobe seizure. A little burst of electricity TL area of the brain, and you feel or experience something weird like that. Some people get an odd taste in their mouth, or a feeling of deja vu, or a sudden burst of unexplainable emotion.

The thing that confuses me is you say you "tried" it. Do you feel like it's something you can do at will? Cool if you can! I mean, it's neat, but you don't want it happening all of a sudden when you are, say, operating a fork lift.

If it happens a lot, and it doesn't seem to be something you can control, you might consider asking a doctor about it.

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2009, 11:41 am

elderwanda wrote:
TheSpecialKid wrote:

What the course is?

That sounds a lot like a temporal lobe seizure. Are you sure you fell asleep, or could you have lost consciousness? (You can have a seizure with or without losing consciousness). I've been reading a lot about these, because I sometimes get a weird, unexplainable feeling in my head, and I've been trying to find out what it is. I had an EEG, but the results aren't back yet. But from what I've read, the experience of having things suddenly go fast or slow, like you describe, is one of the kinds of things a person might experience with a temporal lobe seizure. A little burst of electricity TL area of the brain, and you feel or experience something weird like that. Some people get an odd taste in their mouth, or a feeling of deja vu, or a sudden burst of unexplainable emotion.

The thing that confuses me is you say you "tried" it. Do you feel like it's something you can do at will? Cool if you can! I mean, it's neat, but you don't want it happening all of a sudden when you are, say, operating a fork lift.

If it happens a lot, and it doesn't seem to be something you can control, you might consider asking a doctor about it.

Sorry, it's just me having a bad english...

It is not something I can control, it just happens...
Temporal lobe seizure you say... hmm... I'm gonna check this out... Temporal lobe is what part of the brain??... Isn't it the sides of the front?