Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2009, 5:06 am

Of course, none, she does not harbor the genetics of a velociraptor and without previous knowledge I would seriously suggest that its chromosom count is far higher/lower than our own, so again none

Now let me ask you a question, what was the point of your bullshitty nonsensical remark?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 5:17 am

SamAckary wrote:
Of course, none, she does not harbor the genetics of a velociraptor and without previous knowledge I would seriously suggest that its chromosom count is far higher/lower than our own, so again none

Now let me ask you a question, what was the point of your bullshitty nonsensical remark?

I did not make a "bullshitty nonsensical remark", the kid's life is human when he/she is delivered, so why in the process of development should the child be considered nonhuman?

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2009, 5:28 am

Because, what makes a human so special? I'm not saying that if a foetus was say 20+ Weeks old that it should be aborted, oh no thats dispicable because it could live, but shouldn't the mother be more important than the unborn bundle of cells? or is that illogical in a world where an unwanted child might grow up to take his own life anyway? or worse, someone elses

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 5:36 am

SamAckary wrote:
Because, what makes a human so special? I'm not saying that if a foetus was say 20+ Weeks old that it should be aborted, oh no thats dispicable because it could live, but shouldn't the mother be more important than the unborn bundle of cells? or is that illogical in a world where an unwanted child might grow up to take his own life anyway? or worse, someone elses

It's not the child's fault that they were conceived, and they should be given a chance at life rather than being written off before they are born.

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2009, 5:39 am

I realise that, but if you bring a child that you do NOT want into the world then its just going to end in disaster, the human mind is so fragile yet so beautiful, like a beautiful sculpture, one wrong move of the wrist and its all over, simple.

And yes they should be given a chance at life, but the thing is, what is better, to get rid of unwanted child before it can know better, or bring it up and hate it for the rest of its life? I think I realise the kind decision

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 5:41 am

Or give the child to someone who does want them.

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2009, 5:49 am

But still, why should an unwanted child be born in the first place if it is only to be given away?

And anyway, this arguement/discussion is pointless, either way i'm not going to change your mind, and believe me, you could never change mine, my view of morality is different than your own, I see that a human is only human when he has gained consciousness of his actions, otherwise, what is so different about his chemical structure and every other carbon based life form on the planet? you treat life as sacred, but does that include all life? and does that include all life on the same level? I for example treat all animals on a equal level to humans, for reasons that they are my genetic cousins, and that intelligence does not always equal supremacy, after all, we as a species may be intelligent, but will we destroy too much before we see the error of our ways? I think not, and by then, it won't matter about animal or human lives, as the world will be too barren to support our lives

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 5:57 am

If you advocate a policy you are responsible to at least some degree as to the results of that policy.

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2009, 6:11 am

I'm going to assume you are talking to me, in which case of course i'm responsible, i'm not saying abotion should be done as a way to be able to not worry about getting pregnant, i'm merely enforcing the fact that the human mind is fragile, and if an unwanted child is born and is given away, if he/she finds out that he was adopted, because his/her parents didn't want them, i'm sure the human consciousness could not help but begin to deteriorate merely because of the realisation that it is unwanted, I would if I learned such a thing, and I find it hard to believe that another human, perhaps with a greater sense of feeling than I would do the same, but again, it is each to his own, if my (hypothetical) girlfriend decided to get an abortion because she truly, in her heart of hearts didn't want the child, I would not force her to reconsider, to do so would be to defy her right to choose, after all, it is merely our gametes forming a zygote, it does not automatically make a human, just as two protons together does not make an atom (although if you add a two neutrons and two electrons you get a nice helium-4)

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 6:15 am

SamAckary wrote:
I'm going to assume you are talking to me, in which case of course i'm responsible, i'm not saying abotion should be done as a way to be able to not worry about getting pregnant, i'm merely enforcing the fact that the human mind is fragile, and if an unwanted child is born and is given away, if he/she finds out that he was adopted, because his/her parents didn't want them, i'm sure the human consciousness could not help but begin to deteriorate merely because of the realisation that it is unwanted, I would if I learned such a thing, and I find it hard to believe that another human, perhaps with a greater sense of feeling than I would do the same, but again, it is each to his own, if my (hypothetical) girlfriend decided to get an abortion because she truly, in her heart of hearts didn't want the child, I would not force her to reconsider, to do so would be to defy her right to choose, after all, it is merely our gametes forming a zygote, it does not automatically make a human, just as two protons together does not make an atom (although if you add a two neutrons and two electrons you get a nice helium-4)

I am in total accord that the parents should decide but I doubt there is much emotional difficulty with protons.

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2009, 6:21 am

Well honestly, I don't want my little protons to go away, I've got the Manhattanesque view of the world, after all, I am only atoms, sure i'm atoms that someone could become emotionally attached to, but still, only atoms, and again if the parents don't want it then is their oppinion, and I suppose even (other) aspies feel towards people, but I can honestly say each day that goes by I feel less connected to the world, but its a kind of nice peaceful feeling, so I can concentrate more on atoms and logical paradoxes, so basically is discussion over? I mean there isn't much more to say than each to his own