do you get invited to parties, do you party?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ensabah6
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2009, 10:21 pm

I have been to some and am indifferent. What do you do when you party, and are you an Aspie or NT?

Last edited by ensabah6 on 14 Mar 2009, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14 Mar 2009, 10:44 pm

No and no.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 10:55 pm

occasionally, and yes.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 12:48 am

One person invites me to parties sometimes, but I've known her for years. Her dad dated my aunt when we were both in elementary school.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 5:05 am

Oh tell me where can I party and I will party there :D

Vulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Mar 2009, 5:57 am

i go to parties from time to time, but i get very easily tired and so after a party (night out) i need to recharge my batteries... but i find it harder and harder to communicate with the people i meet at parties....seems age isnt making it easier...

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2009, 8:09 am

I did the whole club scene in OKC when I was younger. In my teens there were a number of clubs there that were 18 to enter (21 to drink, but 18 to get in the door). After seeing the same superficial-@$$ people over and over between 19-23, I got burned out. That, and I related to very few...if any...of them.

Once I got my new car after my accident in 2007, I spent a bit of time in the bars here in Tulsa. But 1) bar tabs got expensive and 2) same crap, just with older people and they weren't dancing.

So...been there, done that, thinking about finding a Unitarian Church here in Tulsa and joining it, because I am far more likely to find a woman there who will be 1)tolerant of my own religious beliefs and 2)have a worldview similar to mine.

chasingthesun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2009, 9:01 am

Not really (I think I've been invited to 2), and no.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 9:43 am

I don't get invited to that many but I went to loads when I was a kid.
The last party I went to was my mate's 16th last november, I was absolutely exausted from all the dancing I did 8)

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 10:06 am

^^ I believe I have been invited to parties in the past. However, I believe I do not attend the majority of them (I believe I do not attend any happy parties that include a large amount of drinking alcohol and nightclubs and such), however I believe I do enjoy a small of quiet, controlled parties.Within one of the recent parties I have attended (within happy May last year, at happy lady's house) I mostly sat in a corner and was rather engrossed in throwing a magical toy gun up and down. ^^ I believe tis was certainly magical.

isnessofwhatis
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2009, 12:45 pm

I've been invited to very few parties and the only reason I was invited is because they were inviting everyone else in the room so they included me because I was there. I've been to one party and I HATED it. Way too much noise and people getting way too close and touchy feely when they were drunk. I've been invited to a St. Patricks day party on Tuesday and I may go because the people that will be there are not the drunk party type. I'll probably be there for an hour or two at the most.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 3:41 pm

Don't party anymore or hang with anyone who does.

I used to go parties in my teens. I would basically go and chug beer/whiskey and then make an ass out of myself and fail at partying and making friends. I never made any new friends partying... people either accepted me already for being socially awkward and having a drinking/drugging problem, or really didn't like me at all and nothing could change their mind. The rest were indifferent.

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Mar 2009, 4:47 pm

I've been to a few from time to time and I have a good time, I mostly just talk and chill out.

Sea_of_Saiyan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2009, 4:20 pm

Do video game parties count?

I don't care for the generic dancing/dating parties, nor have I ever been invited to a private one.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 4:31 pm

Depends what sort of party you're on about.

Dancing/disco/club ones? I hate them, I don't see why people choose to go them, I'd rather relax with a good book/TV show/movie/game/internet/whatever.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:16 pm

Parties would be like a nightmare to me. I stay away from them (except for family ones of course).