Which are friendlier male or female cats?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 2:25 am

In my experience, male cats have always been friendlier.

As I write this, my female cat is (lovingly) digging her claws into my chest... 8O

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Oct 2011, 5:41 am

In my experience, getting cats neutered is one of the biggest behaviour changers. There are some breeds that are friendlier than others, and other than Ragdolls, Russian Blues are generally extremely friendly. I have two, a male and a female, and they're both wonderful. They don't mind large crowds, even if it's people they don't know. They both love to sit on my lap, and will often sit on me at the same time, one on each leg.

As for male vs female, I haven't noticed any difference in mine, but word on the grapevine is that neutered males are the friendliest.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 9:41 pm

Out of all my cats the males were the most affectionate, they will actually come up to you and love on you and will let you pick them up and snuggle next to them. Most of my female cats have always been pretty shy, with one being downright aggressive.

I've noticed orange cats tend to be more outgoing, black cats are usually anti-social, white cats tend to be pretty laid back, and grey cats tend to be very playful. At least that's how it was with all my cats. :)

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 12:51 am

Female cats are usualy more interested at scratching me. :P

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2011, 5:58 am

I've had male and female cats and not noticed much of a difference in them after they have been neutered, which I think is the best thing to do to make them good house pets. Male cats tend to go out more if not neutered and females, well, will end up with kittens lol

When in doubt........mumble.