Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 2:37 am

I just got my copy of game informer today, and all I got go tot say is I can't wait for this game to be released.

What I'm writing below is paraphrased from the article I read, so please excuse any mistakes on my part.

Apparently the game starts 10 years after the events of the first game, a little sister who had once escaped rapture has returned, and has pretty much taken over rapture as the new guardian and making sure everything follows the status quo.

Your character is *suspenseful pause* a renegade Big Daddy, but not just any big daddy the first one ever created, complete with the iconic drill arm and rivet gun, and naturally enough your character has access to various tonics and plasmids, which now have various uses beyond what you had in the first game,

when you level up plasmids this time around different effects happen with each upgrade, say for example you have the pyrokenesis plasmid the first tier will just set an enemy on fire, the second tier you can charge up a fireball for extra damage, and one of the last tiers turns it into a flamethrower type of weapon.

Now seeing as your character is one of the intimidating big daddies, you might think the game will turn into a cake walk, not so, while as a big daddy you can dispatch one or two splicers with ease, whole groups of them can be rather challenging to overcome, and you still have other big daddies to deal with, since you are a renegade you don't have your own little sister to look after, so whats the logical solution to this problem?

Well, steal one from another big daddy of course! now after taking out the rival big daddy, you come up with a choice not unlike the one from the first game but with a little twist, whereas in the first game you can either harvest them for their ADAM, or save them for a bonus later on, in the sequel the harvest option is still present but you can also "Adopt" the little sister and carry her on you back so she can harvest the ADAM out of the "angels" that will be lying around the areas, but doing so will attract splicers to come and try to kill the little sister for the ADAM she has with her, where it is our job to keep her safe until she finishes what shes doing, this all goes towards that "moral choice" thing from the first game, she also give you some of the ADAM left over once she gets it all.

Now comes the final aspect of bioshock 2, the Big Sister, now after she goes though the trouble of kidnapping little girls to turn them in to little sisters, and get rapture back on it's feet, you don't think she would be too happy with you coming in and killing off all her big daddies and either killing the little sisters or saving them, fro what I gathered from the article there is a kind of alarm system where if you mess with things too much, she'll come after you, sand she is faster stronger and being once a little sister herself, she can use that needle in the picture above this post to extract ADAM straight into her bloodstream, giving her a much better skill with plasmids than you, so alerting her to your presence isn't a very good thing, obviously you will be able to hold her off or else you wouldn't be able to finish the game, but don't expect to get through those battles unscathed.

Onto the world of Rapture itself,, the Vita-chambers make a return, but they weren't very clear as to what they do this time around, but there is an option to turn them off completely like from the patch for the first game, while exploring more of rapture in this game than you did as Jack from the first, one of the new locations is Fontaine Futuristic's, which was mentioned in the first game several times, The area where little sister go to get the ADAM harvested out of their bodies, which probably won't be to pretty to see when you go there, and also there are time when you get to go outside of Rapture and walk around on the ocean floor, these sequences are normally there to let you relax while you go to your next objective, since it is unlikely you will find Splicers wandering around, although who knows if you'll ever run into the Big Sister out there although that's only my own speculation.

EDIT: Also there will be multi-player, but they haven't said anything on the different modes yet

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2009, 9:51 am

well I'm exited about it.

Although they could have come up with a better plot line. A little sister comes back and does the same exact thing as the guy(don't remember all his names :) ) from BS1. I mean come on. Really it seems like BS1 but now you look cool and have a huge drill for a hand. Let me guess, at the end you face her, and she ends up shooting to many plasmids and petrifies when you kill her. It sounds like its a reskinned BS1. Maybe it should be called BS1 Episode 2.

Honestly that's my biggest issue.

All this being said i will at least rent it as soon as it hits shelves.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2009, 12:27 pm

we don't really know the Big Sisters agenda, when I say she returns thing back to the Status Quo I'm just saying she has just returns Little Sisters back to rapture, we don't know the storyline or the Big Sisters all around motives.

EDIT; I took some pictures of the screen shots from the magazine, enjoy.

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2009, 7:09 pm

When I first saw the cover to that magazine, I thought, "oh no, I hope they dont turn this into a Guitar Hero/Halo/Sims type thing and just make games without thinking for the purpose of making money...", but reading what you posed, most of my fears have been relived. Those screen shots look awesome, cant wait for this to come out now.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 4:40 pm

The "X" and "Y" buttons in the one screenshot have me worried =/

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 9:21 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
The "X" and "Y" buttons in the one screenshot have me worried =/

Why?

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2009, 10:58 pm

Probably because it implies that either there is no PC version, or the console versions are getting more attention. Those x and y buttons look exactly like the ones in the xbox 360 version of Bioshock 1. There are some rumors flying around that there might be no PC version, so if you don't own a console your out of luck as far as playing it. While I'm not affected by it, I don't like it if its true. Abandoning a platform is a stupid idea, and will generate many complaints.

Probably doesn't help that the xbox version of Bioshock is on Microsoft's Platinum Hits lineup.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 11:24 pm

Elfnote wrote:
Probably because it implies that either there is no PC version, or the console versions are getting more attention. Those x and y buttons look exactly like the ones in the xbox 360 version of Bioshock 1. There are some rumors flying around that there might be no PC version, so if you don't own a console your out of luck as far as playing it. While I'm not affected by it, I don't like it if its true. Abandoning a platform is a stupid idea, and will generate many complaints.

Probably doesn't help that the xbox version of Bioshock is on Microsoft's Platinum Hits lineup.

The game is going to be released on all three platforms: Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2009, 1:52 pm

Elfnote wrote:
...if you don't own a console your out of luck as far as playing it.

Not to mention, for FPS games, gamepads are a clumsy substitute for mouse + keyboard.

And in my case, my PC setup offers much better video and sound than my little analogue TV :oops:

darkstone100 wrote:
The game is going to be released on all three platforms: Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

I hope so...even though I still need to beat the first game...I got distracted by System Shock.

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2009, 3:56 pm

Actualy, Bioshock is quite playable on a small TV, as long as you have some sort of splitter to make the audio work with mono output. The only problem I've found with such a setup is not being able to read the disclaimers and copyright stuff when you first start the game.

Anyway, it looks like there will be a PC version, as acording to the following, the 360, PS3 and PC are getting the same release dates:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=211316

While the mouse and keyboard would definitely be better for an FPS, the game pads are surprisingly easy to adjust to. Only real problem is every game seems to use a different control scheme for the buttons, so if you play one game for a while and switch to another, you'll mess up.

MegaAndy
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2009, 12:43 pm

i just hope they make the pc version smoother than the first one it was so clunky it just wasnt fun

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 10:29 pm

Elfnote wrote:
...Bioshock is quite playable on a small TV...

Playable sure, but if I have the option of playing something that's high-res and/or 3D on my PC instead of my TV, I'll definitely choose the PC.

Elfnote wrote:
...the game pads are surprisingly easy to adjust to.

Eh, I've gotten used to them I guess, but my aim seriously goes straight down the pooper. Especially when you have to combine precise aiming with quick turning, in games like L4D for instance...no amount of sensitivity adjustment has ever improved my game :x

But hey, it's the sacrifice we have to make for split-screen gaming where a PC LAN is a bit too cumbersome to be practical :wink:

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 3:36 pm

I just found out, it's gonna have an online mode. :o

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 7:33 pm

gismo wrote:
I just found out, it's gonna have an online mode. :o

If your thinking multiplayer, yes, but there will be no co-op modes

Last edited by darkstone100 on 24 Mar 2009, 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 1:55 pm

Coop would be cool.

System Shock 2 had coop, but I never got to try it...I'm kind of curious as to how it works.

tda
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2009, 2:41 pm

I enjoyed playing the first one a lot (on xbox), I would hope that the sequal would have CO-OP, or some new place to explore... I guess there IS a lot ofother buildings you could explore down there, though...