Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Urthred
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Mar 2009, 2:38 am

K im ussually not comfortable about asking for help in this area but frankly this is driving me mad.

theres a girl i frankly fallen in love with ive know her for say 3 years and shes aware of this (ive told her) and ive asked her out a couple of times the first to a danc eat our highschool which she answered with a maybe and didnt talk to me about it for the next 2 weeks (i assumed since she wouldnt give me a straight answer that it was no) but apparently it was yes or something and i accidently stood her up. now she flat out refuses any invitation. And then make matters more complicated she got this jerk of a boyfriend (who shes now broken up with) but continued to lead me on. now some year later they've broken up and shes still the same towards me (though i havent seen her phyiscally since i left for college(which she complains about)) and now i'm wondering if i still have a shot or if its to late and im misreading things, she said to mutual friends that i had a shot before and blew it (dont really which maybe the dance thing idk) any advice folks? should i press my case or forsake the chance of something more? and can anyoen explain how a vague maybe translates into my fault(still annoyed about that after 2 years)?

Lily_cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 2:45 am

I'd say she's expecting too much of you, she wants a guy that can read her mind.
If I were you I'd ask for a straight answer out of her about what happened in the past and whether you have another chance.

Butterflair
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2009, 8:11 am

Write her a letter and be honest and direct. Tell her you still like her, explain that you didn't mean to stand her up. She probably doesn't know what a hard time you have socially. Try to explain that or link her to the wiki article on Asperger's. Give her a chance to understand and then give you an answer. If she isn't interested then you should move on and find a girl who does like you.

Xanovaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2009, 9:51 am

You also can not brush off the fact that she may be in it for the pure fact that you'll chase her.

Think of it as the mental form of any 9 year old girl's game of kiss the boy.

Urthred

18 Mar 2009, 8:48 pm

Butterflair wrote:
Write her a letter and be honest and direct. Tell her you still like her, explain that you didn't mean to stand her up. She probably doesn't know what a hard time you have socially. Try to explain that or link her to the wiki article on Asperger's. Give her a chance to understand and then give you an answer. If she isn't interested then you should move on and find a girl who does like you.

Maybe but i tried to explain Asperger's before and frankly it comes off as some lame excuse i guess im just bad at explaining it or maybe its because society expects someone with a disability to either be missing a limb or drooling at the mouth.

ps. she now dateing a mutual friend took a whole 2 days after her breakup talk about rebound. my life sucks.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 8:50 pm

Urthred wrote:
Butterflair wrote:

Maybe but i tried to explain Asperger's before and frankly it comes off as some lame excuse i guess im just bad at explaining it or maybe its because society expects someone with a disability to either be missing a limb or drooling at the mouth.

ps. she now dateing a mutual friend took a whole 2 days after her breakup talk about rebound. my life sucks.

smear the suckyness on you, let it sink into you like a lotion.
it adds to the toughness of the skin, and shields against future suckyness.
thats what i do :]