How many people are tired of threads like this?

Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:30 pm

garyww wrote:
Well that type of post is not quite as bad as the one's that start out with:
I'm a 20 year old guy who can't find a girl friend because I think I might have a mild case of Aspergers even though I have an IQ of 148 and am very good looking, very rich and socially popular here at college. What can I do to get a date.

Actually, that statement is DUMB. You can have a high IQ and have AS. A number DO! You can CERTAINLY be 20, male, and have AS! You could even be good looking and have AS! You could be RICH and have AS! You might even think you are what is considered popular, and have AS.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:47 pm

So what type of advice can you provide to the hypothetical poster?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:50 pm

Garyww, I joined June 19 2008 and have 2431 posts. It's not like I'm on here to cause problems. I just see an interesting topic and respond. If I see an interesting post I'll reply. Why do I have to give my name, rank and social security number just to do that?

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:54 pm

I joined in 2006 so what does that have to do with anything?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:56 pm

Garyww, I don't ask you personal questions. Besides, it says under your avatar you joined Nov 29 2008.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:59 pm

Look closer to my original login name

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:01 pm

I'm not sure what it is. I can assure you this is my only account on WP if that's what you are worried about.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:05 pm

I am not worried about anything. I used to log in a just gary but for some reason the site decided to make me change it to garyww after they got a lot of gary guys registering.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:07 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
garyww wrote:
I'm a 20 year old guy who can't find a girl friend because I think I might have a mild case of Aspergers even though I have an IQ of 148 and am very good looking, very rich and socially popular here at college. What can I do to get a date.

Actually, that statement is DUMB. You can have a high IQ and have AS. A number DO! You can CERTAINLY be 20, male, and have AS! You could even be good looking and have AS! You could be RICH and have AS! You might even think you are what is considered popular, and have AS.

I think you missed the point of his post.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:18 pm

Most people do but that's okay as it really makes it interesting talking to people who are off target at the outset.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:20 pm

garyww wrote:

OK, so the Asperger people coming to you with life problems probably seems somewhat ironic. But the lower-functioning people have really insightful and pithy comments. Some of the best stuff on the site.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:24 pm

Post in this type of thread seem to make people tired for some reason and I personally am to stupid to make much sense of anything posted anyhow so maybe the last poster is correct.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:28 pm

Something tells me we aren't being entirely clued in on that one...
what is really going on?

Quote:

Methinks a detail or two might be missing...

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:40 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Something tells me we aren't being entirely clued in on that one...
what is really going on?

Quote:

Methinks a detail or two might be missing...

I might be wrong. But I think that garyww was making fun of the high functioning Asperger people who come here looking for advice for problems, even thought their lives seem much better than most AS.

So I said that the lower-functioning AS give great advice. They are wise and go to the heart of the problem. Sometimes the stuff they say is the best stuff on the website.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:41 pm

Many people miss the point of most of my posts since I don't seem to have the right combination of word constructions to get my point across but I really do try to be clear in my expressions.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:46 pm

Well...it might look that way. Ephemerella, people with AS are odd and socially awkward but common sense tells us that a rich, good-looking, college student who's reasonably intelligent should be able to find a partner unless there is something seriously flawed about his personality. I am not talking about AS. I think someone who fits that description could find a partner, even with AS. Money, education, good looks..but a little socially awkward? Who that fits this criteria cannot find a mate unless they have some serious personality issues? Reinterating, not talking about AS. There has to be more to the story that we aren't privy to.