01 Jan 2006, 3:09 pm

The physical blessings, huh.

The water was really cold.

I swear it was really, really cold water

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 5:08 pm

I agree with whats been said so far, SB2. You like to paddle your own canoe a lot.

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 5:31 pm

Is that some sort of irish whiskey drinking song.

Because, let me tell you.

Whisky, like cold water, make my thingy do an impression of a peeking gopfher (lawn mole)

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 5:57 pm

SB2 wrote:
Is that some sort of irish whiskey drinking song.

Because, let me tell you.

Whisky, like cold water, make my thingy do an impression of a peeking gopfher (lawn mole)

Ban request mods for this moran. This is racist. What are you guys problem with the Irish we arent all whiskey drinking, potato picking, bog trotting, bomb makers you know? First we have rougue mods and now we have a nero-nazi generalisations here. Bejesus , im proud of my Irish roots to be sure and we are the best at everything. God's country.:evil:

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 6:03 pm

Funy stuff there.

but not as funny as this bumper sticker i read;

WHY DID GOD INVENT WHISKEY/
TO KEEP THE IRISH FROM RULING THE WORLD!

That my good chap, is a compliment.
i too share irish roots.
perhaps its a case of switching at birth.

Thank god, i was sent to america.

and i too had a taste for the whiskey in my youth.

Good old American tennessee whskey, OLD #7.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 6:10 pm

If your whiskey is as weak as your beer il pass. :wink:

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 6:14 pm

Samuel Addams?

Jack Daniels Single Barrel?

Americans do everything great, and to excess.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 6:19 pm

Well my favourite is actually the Scotch whisky "Famous Grouse" but i like a bit of Jack D now and again as well.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

04 Jan 2006, 7:45 am

Jack Daniels was a very short man, but a Jack and coke will make me 10 feet tall and fire proof.... :wink:

An Irish Drinking song by the Pogues goes....

"Lets drink and drink and drink and drink, and drink and drink and fight..."

I, too, have Irish blood in my veins, and when I drink All I want to do is fight... :wink:

Klytus
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2006, 9:18 am

Ladysmokeater wrote:

I, too, have Irish blood in my veins

Me three. But since almost everyone on earth who is at least 1/32nd Irish seems to feel it's their duty to tell the whole world about it, I try to be different.

... Oops.

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2006, 12:13 pm

I am a mixture of WASP Catholic Irish, French Canadian and Chinese.
That equates to: Canadian.

The mile high club is nothing. I know some truckers who have 2 million miles.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 4:52 am

Klytus wrote:

Me three. But since almost everyone on earth who is at least 1/32nd Irish seems to feel it's their duty to tell the whole world about it, I try to be different.

... Oops.

Actually my dad is Irish and my mum's family is from Ireland as is most of mine. i hope that wasnt a personal attack? :? There are worse things in the world, like spending all your time hating muslims.

Klytus
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2006, 6:55 am

eamonn wrote:
Klytus wrote:

... Oops.

Actually my dad is Irish and my mum's family is from Ireland as is most of mine. i hope that wasnt a personal attack? :?

No, it wasn't a personal attack, and it wasn't aimed at anyone from WrongPlanet. I can see how it might have been interpreted that way, and I apologise. My dad's parents are/were Irish, as was one of my mum's parents, so I guess that makes me a third generation 3/4 Irishman. I thought I could get away with some light humour, a bit like Jewish comedians telling Jewish jokes. Maybe I misjudged.
It's just something I've noticed. It's often people with the most distant Irish ancestry who mention it most often, especially showbiz types.
Also, when someone with an Irish surname discovers my Irish surname, they often start talking to me about Irishness. I guess it would be odd not to, and it's nice that people are friendly, but I never have much to say on the subject. I've never even been to Ireland.

eamonn wrote:
There are worse things in the world, like spending all your time hating muslims.

If you're referring to me, I don't hate Muslims.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2006, 12:47 pm

Ok my mistake, a lot of people do that right enough.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

05 Jan 2006, 1:44 pm

I have no idea what fraction Irish I am.... I know that Im 1/4 Polish and some where around 1/3 to 1/2 English by my best gusstimates...... Oh and some fraction of Welch and Jewish, but I have no idea how much Irish. I just know its something more than welch and less than english..... But I have the looks (red hair) and the drinking and fighting down pat :wink:

no one wants to claim poland..... but my family

post-ante
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jan 2006, 1:50 pm

Ladysmokeater wrote:
I have no idea what fraction Irish I am.... I know that Im 1/4 Polish and some where around 1/3 to 1/2 English by my best gusstimates...... Oh and some fraction of Welch and Jewish, but I have no idea how much Irish. I just know its something more than welch and less than english..... But I have the looks (red hair) and the drinking and fighting down pat :wink:

no one wants to claim poland..... but my family

My maternal great-grandparents were Polish Jews who immigrated to England. My paternal great-grandmother was an Irish immigrant to England. My dad's dad was English of the Viking invader variety who'd been in a family that had been in past times farmers, and more recently chefs - middle class, then.

So, let's see: you and I both have English, Irish and Jewish connections. Perhaps we are quite compatible even though I can't stomach your political opinions at all. How about a compromise? I'll climb a tree and you can come and save me and we can have a tawdry little affair. That way, we can get rid of any sexual tensions we have but save ourselves from producing a hellish offspring.

I've never had any firefighter crumpet, and I fancy some. Obviously you and I are of different classes but that's no obstacle to stop us having some fun, now is it?