Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2009, 7:30 pm

Zasha wrote:
When it comes up with NTs I cover by explaining that New Jersey drivers are awful (they are. plus all the New Yorkers)

As someone born and raised in NJ, I agree. But one thing I will say is no matter how much NJ people cannot drive, Pennsylvania people will always drive worse in my opinion.

Furthermore, while I am on the subject, I never used to have a problem with driving until recently. As time passes, I often find myself spacing out more when I drive, which is not good. A couple of times on my way to work early in the morning, I space out and I have run a few red lights. Granted, the road is usually empty and it's early morning hours, but my point is that as time progresses, by ability to focus on the road seemingly dwindles away. I just sort of think about other things I guess. Can anyone relate?

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

23 Apr 2009, 5:23 pm

Yes. Except I drive on a highway or country road. I do tend to start daydreaming and it could be a problem. I really did not want to drive, I don't have anywhere to go. (i ride with my dad who works at the same place i do) It took me like a year and half to get my liscense and the only reason it took so short a time is I didn't want my younger brother to drive me anywhere. :roll:

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 6:16 pm

im having lessons.. really need to work on my spatical awareness though.. not always aware of everything going on around me. dont look far enough down the road.. nearly drove into cars... meh..lol...im slowly improving especially when turning, its not so wide anymore.
xxxxxx

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2009, 4:42 am

I live in the US and I don't have a driver's license. I guess I could probably pass the test if I tried again but the buses are so convenient. Actually, most of my normal friends don't drive either, and we're all college age or older. Like, I can think of 6 normal friends that don't drive right off the top of my head. I think it's the start of a new public-transport generation or something.

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2009, 10:28 am

wigglyspider wrote:
I think it's the start of a new public-transport generation or something.

I sure hope so. Between the never ending fluxuation of gas prices and the fact that most small towns/cities don't have very reliable public transportation, I think we need a better system, like perhaps a high speed rail that connects the country...the whole country. From there, have public transportation provide services to and from other destinations. I just think this country needs a better public transportation system, basically, is all my unnecessary drawn out reply was meant to imply.

Witch
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2009, 3:04 am

I really liked driving during the last century. Heck, I even drove a semi-truck. As of late though I have become more resistant to driving. I like riding the motorcycle and flying aircraft, but in the car, it's more of a chore these days to operate it and try to not get irritated at other drivers.

I once saw a guy driving a crummy and taking a bong hit at a red light. I thought maybe if everybody was stoned while driving, traffic might flow better.

Oh, by the way, for those who don't know, a crummy is one of those Chevy Suburban type trucks but with no windows on the sides and only one door on the right side. They were used by logging companies to get the crews up to the landings. You hardly see them any more.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 5:32 pm

I'm an okay driver. I hate driving in residential areas, downtown, and parking lots, but I actually kind of like driving on open, rural roads. Even freeways aren't so bad because I don't really have to do anything except stay awake. My problem with driving is that I either start daydreaming or I withdraw because there's too much going on.