Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

natesmom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 9:49 pm

deleted

Last edited by natesmom on 19 Mar 2009, 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 9:50 pm

Is home schooling in your future?

natesmom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 9:53 pm

No, I work in the school setting

When I was in school, I begged my mom to home school me. She worked full time.

Good thing - I also work in the school district my son will be attending next year. I will just work at that district more and scrap the other one. Hopefully we will be in the position where I can homeschool my son but I have all these student loan debts

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 11:06 pm

Look up "semantic pragmatic disorder." I don't fully understand it yet, but I believe it relates to me somehow.

I can't speak in front of a large group. Too much nonverbal stuff to read all at once. I need more time because I need to calculate, while others can just go on instinct. I gave up on that years ago. I can make a brief statement. I can not answer spontaneous questions unless I have already thought about that issue.

"keeping your distance" can be a problem, too. Some people read stuff into that. You can't win.

Are you in a position where tenure is an issue? If so, the school might be afraid of a cut in the school budget. If there's a cut, they will be thinking about staff flexibility and the whole puzzle could end up with you getting the ax. Nothing personal. It's complicated.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2009, 11:43 pm

Just be yourself and do your best... Relax... Breathe in and out...

natesmom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 1:00 am

Thanks. not tenure

Thank goodness I also work at another district. Hope I don't screw up there.

SPD sounds like me. Very interesting information. I never did like cartoons compared to the average child, though. NOt until I was around 6 years old. I prefered MR. Rogers and the muppets. I didn't like things that weren't real life. I also don't remember pretend playing until 3rd grade. I think I did play with stuffed animals. I am sure I did some pretend play. I often got into trouble because I would just repeat what adults or other kids would say. I would repeat like my child who is on the spectrum repeats (kind of). I would then say to someone else, "so and so said that your baby was ugly." Yep, I did that when I was in 1st grade. I got in a lot of trouble but have no idea why. To me, I was stating what the person had said and I got into trouble for it. I was in 3rd grade, when I yelled "I see some of the eggs that you parents hid." Then I remember hearing a parent say, "Shut up you stupid." I cried like crazy. I was already feeling dumb. There is just so much I can write right now. Bed time