Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Darksider42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2009, 6:09 am

Hey everyone. I'v been trying to write something for awhile now, but I'v been having trouble finishing something. I type and type, but eventually the idea I have for a story (Even a short one) I just stop writing it no matter how bad I want to write it down. I just forget about it untill I write another story and and then forget about that new story untill I start a new one...Yes, this is a pattern I have noticed.

Is there anyway to help stay focused and on task when it comes to writing?

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 6:19 am

^^ Yaaye! I believe I do possess the same happy problem. ^^ In the past I have attempted to write pieces of writing however the feeling of the story often altered and my ideas evolved into a new magical story that I required to write from the beginning. ^^ I believe this is very similar for when I am reading a novel or playing video games. ^^ That is, the feeling appears to not fit a particular pattern, and find great difficulty in continuing with the project. Thus, perhaps I may advise to begin by writing short pieces of writing or poems. Perhaps you may extract a small idea such as a description from an idea for a long piece of writing you possessed, and attempt to develop this small idea so that it is very detailed. Therefore, as this is only a small piece of writing, you can start on a new piece rather soon and learn from your previous small piece.^^ I do hope this is of help for you.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 7:17 pm

try making one page short stories, like Julio Cortazar. check his cronopios book.

Darksider42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2009, 7:52 pm

Thank you for the advice so far. Anymore would be apreciated. It might even help others.