Page 1 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 8:31 am

Neurodiversity mean we Aspergians must accept neurotypical society and its social codes and beg for neurotypicals to accept us as equals. In fact, we do not have to accept them. It is we who are innovative, find new patterns and create universes. If generic neurotypicals had never had help from Aspergians in first place, they would still eat human flesh, mate in plain sight and beat each-other to death with ox skulls.

Why would we want neurotypicals to accept us? They will never do that, because they are unable to accept those who are different. Just look at Yugoslavia. And yet, there is less difference between Serb, Croat and Bosnian than between neurotypical and Aspergian. When our number increases, we will become visible. When we become visible, we will become threat.

We should focus on building Aspergian community for Aspergians, not try to bow down to neurotypicals.

http://aspergia.moroccoforum.net/forum.htm

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 8:52 am

The majority is only the people around you, so surround yourself with like minded individuals it works :D

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 8:52 am

asplanet wrote:
The majority is only the people around you, so surround yourself with like minded individuals it works :D

I intend to do so.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 11:08 am

So what you're saying is, Aspies are super-human and everyone else is just s**t? lol
Even if that's not your point, I still think you should just try to live in peace with NTs. We're all only human, after all.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 3:16 pm

jamesp420 wrote:
So what you're saying is, Aspies are super-human and everyone else is just sh**? lol
Even if that's not your point, I still think you should just try to live in peace with NTs. We're all only human, after all.

Only way to ensure our survival is to separate from the neurotypicals. They have history of repressing different populations. Our genes is in battle with theirs, and our genes are winning because they are superior, while their genes are inferior.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

21 Mar 2009, 3:33 pm

Zyborg wrote:
It is we who are innovative, find new patterns and create universes. If generic neurotypicals had never had help from Aspergians in first place, they would still eat human flesh, mate in plain sight and beat each-other to death with ox skulls.

How do you intend to prove that idiotic assertion? Are you going to start posthumously diagnosing bones from the paleolithic and neolithic times as autistic? And you are afraid of the bad NT's, but superior to them? Maybe you should have a good cry. :cry:

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 3:37 pm

velodog wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
It is we who are innovative, find new patterns and create universes. If generic neurotypicals had never had help from Aspergians in first place, they would still eat human flesh, mate in plain sight and beat each-other to death with ox skulls.

How do you intend to prove that idiotic assertion? Are you going to start posthumously diagnosing bones from the paleolithic and neolithic times as autistic? And you are afraid of the bad NT's, but superior to them? Maybe you should have a good cry. :cry:

They know we are superior, so they will try Holocaust on us.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

21 Mar 2009, 3:57 pm

Zyborg wrote:
velodog wrote:
Zyborg wrote:

They know we are superior, so they will try Holocaust on us.
You side stepped the question. How do you intend to prove that most, or all, NT's would be cannibalistic, publicly fornicating savages bludgeoning each other on a regular basis without the help of supposedly superior aspies?

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 4:33 pm

Zyborg wrote:
asplanet wrote:

I intend to do so.
We may be the majority one day 8O

21 March 2009 One child in 60 'suffers from a form of autism'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... utism.html

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 5:02 pm

asplanet wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
asplanet wrote:

I intend to do so.
We may be the majority one day 8O

21 March 2009 One child in 60 'suffers from a form of autism'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... utism.html

Yes, I have said so. But do you not think they will fear us?

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 6:24 pm

I would argue that neurodiversity means that we shouldn't have to beg to be accepted as equals; we're wired to interact differently and that should be accepted.

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 12:36 am

Where would blacks or women or any other group be if they decided that sharing the world with others not like them was hopeless, that the majority and/or privileged group would never accept them as equals and therefore they shouldn't even try? Taking such an attitude would essentially be defeat. It would be running away. Why should we be compelled to give up hope for acceptance when others have found it, and some very successfully so?

Let's just assume you're right about that whole thing of we being the only cause of humanity's advancement. Wouldn't it be wrong of us to give up on being part of the rest of the world if it would mean abandoning them to stagnation? Even though I do believe that people who were not Aspies, or even on any part of the autism spectrum, have also done great things for the world, I think the same principle still can apply. To deprive the mainstream of another way of seeing and experiencing the world, and to deprive us of knowing their side of it and learning from them, would do disservice to both sides.

Besides, what kind of "community" do you advocate? A nation-state? If that's the case, what do you plan to do about Aspies born to NT's in other countries and NT children born in the Aspie country (surely I'm not the only person here whose entire family besides myself is NT!)? Though it would be interesting to see how much autism and neurotypicality are socially constructed, there nonetheless would probably not be possible to have a clear division. Or what else would be an alternative?

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2009, 10:52 pm

Zyborg wrote:
If generic neurotypicals had never had help from Aspergians in first place, they would still eat human flesh, mate in plain sight and beat each-other to death with ox skulls.

Provide evidence of this, and evidence that your supposition that aspergians are superior in any way to normal people.

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 4:52 pm

It is not a question of begging the NT's for acceptance, Zyborg; it is a question of learning to live with them. I have lived close to three lifetimes for every one of yours and I know how hard it is to always be in the minority. The majority has a nasty tendency to tell the minority "we are the majority, you accomodate us."

Isn't that what happened in Yugoslavia, when the country was intact, the Serbs were the majority, but if Bosnia or Croatia were to succeed, they would be a minority in those republics and they wouldn't want to be treated the way they treated minorities?

If Aspies were to become the majority, would we treat the NT's the way they treat us? The whole idea of Neurodiversity is that we should respect each other; is that a bad idea?

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2009, 6:55 pm

NobelCynic wrote:
It is not a question of begging the NT's for acceptance, Zyborg; it is a question of learning to live with them. I have lived close to three lifetimes for every one of yours and I know how hard it is to always be in the minority. The majority has a nasty tendency to tell the minority "we are the majority, you accomodate us."

Isn't that what happened in Yugoslavia, when the country was intact, the Serbs were the majority, but if Bosnia or Croatia were to succeed, they would be a minority in those republics and they wouldn't want to be treated the way they treated minorities?

If Aspies were to become the majority, would we treat the NT's the way they treat us? The whole idea of Neurodiversity is that we should respect each other; is that a bad idea?

It is not good or bad, it is impossible.

Yugoslavia collapsed exactly because people are unable to cope with each-other. And Serbs did not repress other minorities during Tito years. Only reason why Yugoslavia kept together was Tito.

All multi-ethnic societies are doomed.

Paddy789
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2009, 7:41 am

*facepalm*

I can't take this guy seriously, sorry. Might be some eejit trying to troll or something.

But yeah, to consider yourself superior to NTs is plain ret*d. Sure we *might* think differently to them, but we are not unlike them. Aspies can be as bad as NTs and vice versa. In other words, we're all human - none of us are the same, even "NTs". It's best to just shut up and get along with them, not all of them are bad y'know.

It's kinda ironic that the sp****cs that claim superiority to NTs still have no problem getting their DLA off them. :lol: