Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 3:57 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
jamesp420 wrote:
...Simply be proud of who you are as a person...
Zyborg wrote:
...I am not proud of myself as person...
I've been wondering... Is this just about semantics, or do I have an issue?
I've always felt there was something icky about the idea of "pride."
Acceptance and respect are ok, but I have trouble saying "I'm proud of you."
Does anyone feel the same way? Any thoughts?

Pride is associated with groups and nationalism. I know because I used to hang around Russian and Serbian ultranationalists. I also think Russians and other Slavs are not fully neurotypical, but rather in grey zone between neurotypical brainwaves and Aspergianist brainwaves.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 4:07 pm

I love myself. I truly do. But, my executive functioning is very poor, due to my AS. Therefore, I need NT's to help me organize and structure my life.

I'm afraid that a planet populated entirely with aspies would have everyone running their own separate agenda instead of working together as a whole.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 4:10 pm

Zyborg wrote:
But I have no personal life and do not aspire to have personal life at all. My goal is to serve cause of great Aspergian Nation.
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA listen to this Che Guevara wannabe. What have you done for other people with AS? You probably do nothing but sit in front of the computer all day. It's easy to feel all smart and superior when that's all you do.

Quote:
I also think Russians and other Slavs are not fully neurotypical, but rather in grey zone between neurotypical brainwaves and Aspergianist brainwaves.
WTF? That doesn't make any sense at all. How the hell is nationalism supposed to be associated with the extent of being affected by AS?

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 4:18 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
But I have no personal life and do not aspire to have personal life at all. My goal is to serve cause of great Aspergian Nation.
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA listen to this Che Guevara wannabe. What have you done for other people with AS? You probably do nothing but sit in front of the computer all day. It's easy to feel all smart and superior when that's all you do.

Quote:
I also think Russians and other Slavs are not fully neurotypical, but rather in grey zone between neurotypical brainwaves and Aspergianist brainwaves.
WTF? That doesn't make any sense at all. How the hell is nationalism supposed to be associated with the extent of being affected by AS?

I am founder of Aspergia Nation Movement. http://aspergia.moroccoforum.net/forum.htm

As for Slavs being "Semi-aspergian", it has nothing to do with nationalism, but rather with behaviour. I just refer to "inappropriate humor". Slavs know about social codes, but they do not give damn. They are very refreshing nations.

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2009, 4:26 pm

Zyborg wrote:
Modern society is not about making connections.

It is. Why do you think many aspies are to some degree outside of society?

Quote:
Our society today is de-facto under control of those who understand technology.

No, it's not. Could you give an example of people who are in control because they understand technology? It's still about other people. Knowledge about technology can be fun and rewarding but it won't give you a lot of power. Not in this society, not in AFK society.

Quote:
We do not need humans who connect with other humans. We need humans who connect with machines. That is why we Aspergians, unless we are exterminated in Holocaust, will inherit Earth. Because we are superior in administration of technology.

It's not about "needing" NTs. It's simply the way most people are. Show me one sign that Asperger's will actually have an evolutionary advantage over neurotypicalism. I have yet to see one single sign.

Of course we also need people who can connect to machines. Modern society relies heavily on information technology, and we know that IT is a field with many aspies.

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2009, 4:31 pm

Zyborg wrote:
As for Slavs being "Semi-aspergian", it has nothing to do with nationalism, but rather with behaviour. I just refer to "inappropriate humor". Slavs know about social codes, but they do not give damn. They are very refreshing nations.

Asperger's is not a matter of "giving a damn" or not. It is a pervasive developmental disorder, or pervasive developmental difference if you prefer that word. For fscks sake.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 4:37 pm

Zyborg wrote:
Slow down, guys, there is something there. Cold-climate cultures really are different. Scandinavian culture is custom-made for surviving the winter without getting cabin fever. The word "amok" is from the Eskimos. The few times I've had the pleasure of being in an all-Scandinavian event, I felt like I was coming home, even though they were all total strangers. I didn't know about Asperger's at the time, and figured it was just the Swedish background. Now I'm wondering again.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 4:43 pm

Sometimes reading these posts reminds me of shows where everything's perfect, everybody has a high paying job, gets along great, are there for each other and any problem can be solved in thirty minutes, an hour at the most. Or the problem is forgotten by the time the next episode airs.
And then there's reality where the so called NTs have made a disaster of things time and time again with debts, wars, conflicts, chaos. Connecting with each other? If that were the case would there be none that are disenfranchised? Whoever it is running things they aint doing such a great job, are they?

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2009, 4:43 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
Slow down, guys, there is something there. Cold-climate cultures really are different. Scandinavian culture is custom-made for surviving the winter without getting cabin fever. The word "amok" is from the Eskimos. The few times I've had the pleasure of being in an all-Scandinavian event, I felt like I was coming home, even though they were all total strangers. I didn't know about Asperger's at the time, and figured it was just the Swedish background. Now I'm wondering again.

Wow, that's interesting. I'm Swedish myself.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 4:47 pm

Zyborg wrote:

I totally understand what you mean there and have to say I agree to some extent. Some ethnic groups seem less neurotypical. It's something I've thought about too.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 5:55 pm

How much of it is culture, and how much base personality, though? I know the answer to the nature/nurture question is usually "both"... but in what proportion? Does the culture of people who live in cold climates make them individualists; or has there actually been some selection for the people who are most adapted to solitude? I don't know; and really the only way to tell would be to check on the personalities of babies adopted into and out of those cultures. There might not even be enough such kids to have a sample big enough to tell.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Mcrakin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Mar 2009, 6:05 pm

We are all flawed we are all humans. We with aspergers are not better or worse than the neurotypicals we are simply different. Lol when I think about it and how some of us sound its almost like we are mutants.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 6:09 pm

Nowhere near that genetically different. Personally, I think all the genetics for AS are present in NTs; it's just that they don't have as many of them. The variable expression of AS, and the existence of the many NTs who have AS traits, seems to point to some sort of shared genetics rather than some simple brown eyes/blue eyes thing.

Autism Memorial:

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 6:17 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Secondly, will you quit calling us "Aspergians"? It sounds very elitist.

fine, the Neurodiverse a better term (there are more than Asperger's people on here)

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2009, 6:24 pm

Warsie wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Secondly, will you quit calling us "Aspergians"? It sounds very elitist.

fine, the Neurodiverse a better term (there are more than Asperger's people on here)

My threads are directed only towards Aspergians. Not neurotypicals.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2009, 6:25 pm

You're leaving out the rest of the spectrum.

Autism Memorial: