Page 5 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2019, 8:34 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
He gave little-minded Hitler fuel for his fire, who changed the world for the worse.

If I'm not mistaken Hitler believed in Lamarckian Evolution, not Darwinian.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 4:55 am

My english is not good, its even very bad. So the english version of "The Ancestor's Tale" from Richard Dawkins ( who is a big fan from Charles Darwin ) is very difficult for me to understand. For those who speak english fluent and are interested in our real ancestors from many Miljons years ago is the link nice. The pdf show the whole book.

http://www.labeee.ufsc.br/~luis/ga/livr ... 20Tale.pdf

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 8:33 am

kevv729 wrote:
How Has Charles Darwin Changed Our Lives?
He hasn't. He was born and died long before any of us currently alive even existed. May as well ask how the Cretaceous–Paleogene extinction event changed our lives (it didn't).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 8:43 am

He hasn't "changed" my life.

But I still respect the man.

What other person, other than an Aspie, would have an all-abiding obsession with BARNACLES? LOL

Seriously....I believe his studies involving barnacles probably was the impetus behind his subsequent studies into evolution.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 10:18 am

Tonight its full-moon, but there is more, beside full-moon its also the anniversary of the day that Charles Darwin did stop breathing, 19th of april Darwin did die. In my magical way of thinking the power evolution wil honor Darwin and put a extra spotlight on the planet by "shine a light" :)
I have never been on the moon, and the chance i ever wil be is extreme small. But when i visit the moon i go to the 'Charles Darwin crater' There is a crater on the moon from 120 kilometer as diameter named to the genius from Shrewsbury. For this and other craters on the moon you can click on the link.* Click here *
A planet who is more far from earth than the moon is Mars. believe it or not, but on the red planet there is also a crater named to Darwin. ( see image)

I wish everybody a good fryday.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 11:27 am

The theory of evolution had a massive influence on the scientific evaluation of the world...
And it was critical in helping to breaking away from religious indoctrination...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 3:01 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
He gave little-minded Hitler fuel for his fire, who changed the world for the worse.
Wrong.

Hitler appropriated Darwin's ideas, and then cherry-picked them to support his own Imperialist agenda and hatred of Jews.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 11:36 am

Matroesjka puppets.

The image of the family of matroesjka puppets are a good metaphor for evolution
They all look like each other, but they are also different from each other. When you putt al the puppets inside each other you see that they need each other to stay stable, shaking the puppets without 1 puppets shows that the evolution is not the real evolution. They all need each other to survive.
Like the puppets are growing and getting bigger, so also the milky way gets bigger and bigger nowadays. What goes up must come down, as Newton did say, sooner or later the milky way and the size of everything shall go down and fade away.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 12:10 pm

Erewhon wrote:
Matroesjka puppets.

They all look like each other, but they are also different from each other. When you putt al the puppets inside each other you see that they need each other to stay stable, shaking the puppets without 1 puppets shows that the evolution is not the real evolution. They all need each other to survive.
Like the puppets are growing and getting bigger, so also the milky way gets bigger and bigger nowadays. What goes up must come down, as Newton did say, sooner or later the milky way and the size of everything shall go down and fade away.

How much vodka did you drink before you posted this nonsense?
You shoulda slept it off before trying to drive on the internet!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 12:55 pm

Erewhon wrote:
Matroesjka puppets.

You...I...What? I think this is a seriously roundabout way to imply the argument from irreducible complexity, but I'm really not sure. Also, evolution says nothing about cosmology.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2019, 3:45 am

The mechanism of evolution is extreme extreme complex, i addmit that the Matroesjka puppets are not extreme complex. But in a "nutshell' the Matroesjka puppets show me how evolution works. Every single animal, and every single plant is family of each other, they share a common ancestor.

Everything that happend after the big-bang is part of evolution, Darwin did focus on the evolution on the planet earth.
Another english genius, called Stephen Hawking has a briliant mind for understandig the cosmos. The first cause nobody knows, the first cause is pure theory. But what happend after the big bang is getting more and more clear for scientists. Explosion, implosion, expanding in the cosmos is evolution to.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 9:09 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Erewhon wrote:
Matroesjka puppets.

@ Naturalplastic.

Thanks for worrying about my brainhealth. Alcohol can make enormous braindamage.
The Master from Shrewsbury (England) give me a good advise to avoid the hard drug alcohol. And ofcourse i follow the advise from Charles Darwin. :wink:
Without alcohol i see very clear that Matroesjka puppets are a metaphor for evolution.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 9:48 am

He gives the religious kooks something to get their panties in a twist about,evolution.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 9:59 am

I'd rather be descended from a frog than be descended from someone who arose out of thin air.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 12:20 pm

Erewhon wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Erewhon wrote:
Matroesjka puppets.

@ Naturalplastic.

Thanks for worrying about my brainhealth. Alcohol can make enormous braindamage.
The Master from Shrewsbury (England) give me a good advise to avoid the hard drug alcohol. And ofcourse i follow the advise from Charles Darwin. :wink:
Without alcohol i see very clear that Matroesjka puppets are a metaphor for evolution.

Well...then share it with us already.

HOW ...are they a metaphor for "evolution"?

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 6:09 am

I did write already how, but i re-post it with pleasure for you. If you still after reading this post think that i am drunk i cant help it.

The mechanism of evolution is extreme extreme complex, i addmit that the Matroesjka puppets are not extreme complex. But in a "nutshell' the Matroesjka puppets show me how evolution works. Every single animal, and every single plant is family of each other, they share a common ancestor.They all look like each other, but they are also different from each other. When you putt al the puppets inside each other you see that they need each other to stay stable, shaking the puppets without 1 puppets shows that the evolution is not the real evolution. They all need each other to survive.

Is there actualy school education about evolution in USA?
A while ago i did read some articles about Erdogan who would forbidden to educate children in Turkey about the mechanism of how the planet became like it is :?