Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 11:32 am

Ok, it's tragic that a mother of 2 has died of cancer...but what the hell was that media circus all about? Jade went from a stupid, racist, ignorant b**** (all things i detest amongst humans) to a NATIONAL TREASURE in a matter of weeks, just for getting cancer...i mean, i could understand if a talented person or someone who had actually made a contribution to the world got all this coverage but not her...i just don't get it...we've become a nation of celebrity obsessed idiots...and what happened to dieing with dignity???

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 11:36 am

there's no such thing as dignity or respect as long as the media makes money off it
people see cancer as the "end all forgiveness thing" even if they don't die-because its seen as a huge deal
it is, but there are a LOT of other worse diseases no one cares about
the world is f****d, basically

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 11:37 am

Yeh I don't get it either. One of my friends was saying it was really sad because she had two children. Yes she had two children and yes she died, but so do lots of people. So many people die of cancer every day. I don't see how being on a reality tv program which probably has George Orwell spinning in his grave makes her more worthy of attention.

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 11:38 am

I think BBC news said it best... They said the media exploited her, and she exploited the media, to their mutual benefit...

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 11:44 am

I agree, OP, that has been the topic of discussion in my class at school all day! I think she's being extremely selfish, for one thing; many people get cancer, yet she's acting like she's the only one who matters and is so special. What's up with that?! And talk about vain - there's nothing clever about letting the press take pictures of you with your hair falling out just to get publicity...it would be fair enough if she was raising money and awareness for other cancer patients, like that Jane Tomlinson or whatever she's called, but she isn't, is she?! And notice how society conveniently forgets that they hated her before she got cancer...dying doesn't make someone a nice person, it just means that the world is rid of them.

On the topic of the whole media circus, me and my friends were joking about how people get in the papers for stupid stuff, so we started saying stuff like, "I'm blonde, can I be in the paper? We got math next, can I be in the paper? Ben just shoved me, can I be in the paper?" LOL.

y es como un semestre"

funnymachine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Mar 2009, 12:13 pm

Xanderbeanz wrote:
Jade went from a stupid, racist, ignorant b**** (all things i detest amongst humans)

So what did Jade Goody teach you about you?

You don't do these things right?

And your not doing them proves you are right and she is wrong.

What if there is no right / wrong and Jade Goody was just another spirit struggling with the art of being human.

What if Jade's greatest gift was to teach you this and you missed the point?

Respect the dead man :-)

And if you still have strong feelings about it, look inside yourself for the answers.

She won't be able to tell you now, I mean - what does she care of your opinion?

She's DEAD!

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 12:16 pm

she hasn't taught me anything other than to lose a little more respect for humanity.x

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 1:17 pm

Wait a few years, TV will probably be doing reality TV deaths... watch them die live on TV, gasp their last and croak for the cameras. .... Hold on 5 minutes, you can't die yet we are going to a commercial break. Medics! Keep her going another five minutes...

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 7:54 pm

Overheard when news announces her cancer diagnosis

Quote:
See, this is the what happens when a lot of people pray really hard

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 5:51 am

Whether she intended for the media thing to be for money (quite likely) or not, I still think she has done a bit of good. See she has highlited the issue that cervical cancer can develop at a young age and it has caused people to get the tests. As for those who are too young to get the tests or too old to get the injection, it is making them think about how serious it is. How many lives have been lost to this cancer just because our stupid government won't allow women under 25 to get tested?

Also I think regardless of your opinions of Jade, you should not speak ill of the dead. You should never wish such a vile illness on anyone, whether they are good or bad, plus it's not like she's Bin Laden or anything she was just a little bit unintelligent. Don't hate her for that.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 7:14 am

Gremmie wrote:
So many people die of cancer every day. I don't see how being on a reality tv program which probably has George Orwell spinning in his grave makes her more worthy of attention.

it is the marketers and the general population that is to blame for the direction the press goes in. the general population laps up information about "celebrities", and so the press specializes in "celebrities" to get readership for their advertising sponsors.

that does not make her death any less important than anyone else's.

in australia a few years ago, a woman who was just an average woman from the suburbs of sydney had terminal cancer and she kept a diary of how each day went for her.
the "daily telegraph" found out about her because she was one of their journalist's friends, and they decided to devote a page each week to publish her diary entries, and it was an agonizingly sad read. there was hope and sadness in her words.
i read that page every week and so did many other people, and then she finally died and it was very sad. i would never read again, any of her diary on thursdays over a steak sandwich at the restaurant.

everyone who loses their life has just gone through the worst thing most people can imagine. that is the point at which they never live or see again.

i do agree that people are stupidly biased in who they "care" about due to publicity. but that was not her fault.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 6:04 pm

Give the girl a break!

Ok, she said stupid stuff; not just about Shilpa Shetty, but a host of other things: it just highlighted that she hadn't had the opportunities and education that a lot of us had (not all, I know), but that doesn't make her a bad person!

I'm sorry she died: she seemed a sweet person in a weird kind of way.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 6:18 pm

yeah, i do not get what the circus was about. why could the media just leave her alone with her family and friends?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 6:25 pm

There is no such thing as "Dying With Dignity." Our bodies break down, sometimes when we're 90, sometimes before we're even born, but it always happens and there's never any dignity in it. It doesn't matter if you can walk, see, speak, or wipe yourself. Once the dying process takes over, you lose all these little treasures, and you stumble and fall, you go blind, you stop talking and start drooling, and your bowels and bladder let go all over the place. It's always ugly. Always. You can live with dignity, but you can't die with it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 8:47 pm

Nice to see that the warmth is prevalent here yet again. Lets just make a few pointers here, to put things into focus:

Jade's young age has drawn a LOT of attention to a problem that affects a lot of young women, but is effectively allowed to hit them by our frankly pathetic health services.

The money all of this has raised will pay for her own children's education for years, thus ensuring they actually receive one.. unlike the misbegotten progeny of most of her contemporaries.

In NO WAY does a spat equivalent to a schoolyard fight demand the ultimate justice of a painful and slow death by cancer, and it is beyond cold to suggest that she "deserved" to die for it. Her "racism" was based almost solely around her poor education, the way she was raised, and pretty standard for a woman of her age. Also if memory serves, the fight was mostly based around Shilpa Shettys perceived snootiness, and the use of her hands in cookery.. something that people of Jades age were always taught is wrong and filthy.

Compassion is obviously a dead art here.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 4:08 am

Jellybean wrote:
Whether she intended for the media thing to be for money (quite likely) or not, I still think she has done a bit of good. See she has highlited the issue that cervical cancer can develop at a young age and it has caused people to get the tests. As for those who are too young to get the tests or too old to get the injection, it is making them think about how serious it is. How many lives have been lost to this cancer just because our stupid government won't allow women under 25 to get tested?

Also I think regardless of your opinions of Jade, you should not speak ill of the dead. You should never wish such a vile illness on anyone, whether they are good or bad, plus it's not like she's Bin Laden or anything she was just a little bit unintelligent. Don't hate her for that.

Jade Goody is not realy a genuine bad person Like Torquemada, Vincent Ferrer or Hitler, what Jade Goody did to Shilpa was just like when Prince Harry called a Pakistani "a little P*** friend". Jade has made a mistake and Apoligized like Prince Harry