Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 9:28 am

If people decided to hate me every time I say something stupid, I wouldn't be very popular! It was just unfortunate that she was on TV when she said it. Anyway, she apologized and even Shilpa Shetty forgave her. That's the main thing.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 10:39 am

Xanderbeanz wrote:
Ok, it's tragic that a mother of 2 has died of cancer...but what the hell was that media circus all about? Jade went from a stupid, racist, ignorant b**** (all things i detest amongst humans) to a NATIONAL TREASURE in a matter of weeks, just for getting cancer...i mean, i could understand if a talented person or someone who had actually made a contribution to the world got all this coverage but not her...i just don't get it...we've become a nation of celebrity obsessed idiots...and what happened to dieing with dignity???

EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

I can't believe everyone actually cares about her now!

Good riddance I say!

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 10:49 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Overheard when news announces her cancer diagnosis
Quote:
See, this is the what happens when a lot of people pray really hard

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 8:39 pm

DeLoreanDude wrote:
Xanderbeanz wrote:
Ok, it's tragic that a mother of 2 has died of cancer...but what the hell was that media circus all about? Jade went from a stupid, racist, ignorant b**** (all things i detest amongst humans) to a NATIONAL TREASURE in a matter of weeks, just for getting cancer...i mean, i could understand if a talented person or someone who had actually made a contribution to the world got all this coverage but not her...i just don't get it...we've become a nation of celebrity obsessed idiots...and what happened to dieing with dignity???

EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

Good riddance I say!

What a wonderfully pleasant sentiment about someone who clearly cared enough about her children that she sold her death to the media to make sure they had better upbringings than she did. how truly nice that you should be so sated by her demise, that you express the sentiment that the world is better without her.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 12:13 am

Never knew the person, but i'll say this : Reality TV is a stupidity >< just another way for the showbusiness industry to make new stars -.- and bring them into the corrupted world we live in. ~.~

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 4:18 am

Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Xanderbeanz wrote:

EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

Good riddance I say!

What a wonderfully pleasant sentiment about someone who clearly cared enough about her children that she sold her death to the media to make sure they had better upbringings than she did. how truly nice that you should be so sated by her demise, that you express the sentiment that the world is better without her.

^
^
Yeah, that.

Any money she made from selling media rights to her wedding, her christening etc. was probably banked straight into her kids trust fund, except for a few thousand dollars to cover expected funeral expenses. I would have done the same thing in her position (take advantage of the media)

enchantedsleeper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2009, 5:01 am

Yup, I was gonna say exactly the same as Macbeth and blue_bean. I don't blame Jade for exploiting the media for the benefit of her kids; what I do dislike is the amount of morbid fascination that the media have created surrounding Jade's death, hamming it up to ridiculous levels. She's passed away now and they still can't leave the subject alone. MSN News put together an album of pictures commemorating her life - but what, exactly, did she do that was so great? I would never say that she deserved to get cancer, good Lord no, but she wasn't this tragic saint either. She went on TV and caused an uproar, then she went on TV again and found out she had cancer. That's about it. I've always thought that BB contestants get a ridiculous amount of coverage and publicity, and this just about proves it.

TallyMan wrote:
Wait a few years, TV will probably be doing reality TV deaths... watch them die live on TV, gasp their last and croak for the cameras. .... Hold on 5 minutes, you can't die yet we are going to a commercial break. Medics! Keep her going another five minutes...

Hahaha! That takes morbid fascination to a whole new level. Sad thing is, the way reality TV is going, I can almost believe it.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 1:45 pm

Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Xanderbeanz wrote:

EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

Good riddance I say!

Oh no, a racist chavvy bully who made more money in a few weeks from doing NOTHING than most honest working people do in their lives that everyone hated has died... However will we cope? :roll:

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 5:06 pm

on the top of OK magazine it said:

"a nation mourn's it's brightest star"

i burst out laughing with the irony, she was not bright, and not a star!

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 6:49 pm

DeLoreanDude wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Xanderbeanz wrote:

EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

Good riddance I say!

Oh no, a racist chavvy bully who made more money in a few weeks from doing NOTHING than most honest working people do in their lives that everyone hated has died... However will we cope? :roll:

Jealous much? You sound awfully bitter.

I'm morbidly amused that you can find so much hate for someone else you didn't even know. I'm even more amused by your obviously media-driven bias against the woman, and your obvious lack of understanding of "racism" and "bullying". About the only thing you seem to have correct is her being a chav.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 3:55 am

She wasn't rasist or a bully. It was all a misunderstanding and AS I EMPHASISED, Shilpa Shetty forgave her. We did not know her personally at all and therefore I think it is unfair to make a judgement on her based on the brief time we (by which I mean everyone else) saw her on BB. Everyone is different in front of the camera.

I feel strongly about this because my granny died of cancer when I was 12 years old. you didn't know her did you? Does that make this any less tragic? no. I don't think it does. Stop being mean about Jade, you didn't know her.

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 1:07 pm

Jellybean wrote:
She wasn't rasist or a bully. It was all a misunderstanding and AS I EMPHASISED, Shilpa Shetty forgave her. We did not know her personally at all and therefore I think it is unfair to make a judgement on her based on the brief time we (by which I mean everyone else) saw her on BB. Everyone is different in front of the camera.

I feel strongly about this because my granny died of cancer when I was 12 years old. you didn't know her did you? Does that make this any less tragic? no. I don't think it does. Stop being mean about Jade, you didn't know her.

I agree, Jade Goody and the other 2 girls who bullied Shilpa were not real racists like Nick Griffin of the BNP and Fred Phelps and Shirley Phelps Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 1:11 pm

In My opinion, this world has gone too mad on people who are famous for nothing, people shold think about celebs who Contributed to the World, Like Averroes, Columbus, Maimonides and Luis De Santangel etc.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 9:04 am

I don't really understand all this negativity towards Jade Goody so soon after her short life has ended. I think the fact she was able to make so much money in the manner she did says more about the sort of society our media and political masters have created than it does about her. It's not like she stole all that money off anyone.

Anyway, here's the latest: they are already planning a movie based on her life story.
Michelle Ryan and Ashley Jensen are in the running to play Jade.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... umour.html

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 9:46 am

If they must insist on making a film, they would do well to make it like Kes, or something, and concentrate more on the childhood aspects.. perhaps damning the education system that let her think Pistachio painted the Mona Lisa.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

28 Mar 2009, 9:52 am

They could only do it from her childhood, as her life has already been on TV since she was 21.