Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2007
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,481
Location: UK Doncaster

28 Mar 2009, 9:46 am

If they must insist on making a film, they would do well to make it like Kes, or something, and concentrate more on the childhood aspects.. perhaps damning the education system that let her think Pistachio painted the Mona Lisa.


_________________
"There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart,
that you can't take part" [Mario Savo, 1964]


LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,952
Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

28 Mar 2009, 9:52 am

They could only do it from her childhood, as her life has already been on TV since she was 21.


_________________
We are the mutant race!! !! Don't look at my eyes, don't look at my face...


oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,194

28 Mar 2009, 11:47 am

Xanderbeanz wrote:
Ok, it's tragic that a mother of 2 has died of cancer...but what the hell was that media circus all about? Jade went from a stupid, racist, ignorant b**** (all things i detest amongst humans) to a NATIONAL TREASURE in a matter of weeks, just for getting cancer...i mean, i could understand if a talented person or someone who had actually made a contribution to the world got all this coverage but not her...i just don't get it...we've become a nation of celebrity obsessed idiots...and what happened to dieing with dignity???


You have become Jade Goody.


_________________
sticks and stones may kill you.


Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2007
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,481
Location: UK Doncaster

28 Mar 2009, 8:47 pm

Any profiteering on Jades part was done to benefit her children (after all it could hardly benefit her.) Subsequent media frothing is entirely the fault of the media itself in some sort of feeding frenzy.


_________________
"There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart,
that you can't take part" [Mario Savo, 1964]


DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,708
Location: FL

29 Mar 2009, 3:50 am

Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Xanderbeanz wrote:
Ok, it's tragic that a mother of 2 has died of cancer...but what the hell was that media circus all about? Jade went from a stupid, racist, ignorant b**** (all things i detest amongst humans) to a NATIONAL TREASURE in a matter of weeks, just for getting cancer...i mean, i could understand if a talented person or someone who had actually made a contribution to the world got all this coverage but not her...i just don't get it...we've become a nation of celebrity obsessed idiots...and what happened to dieing with dignity???


EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

I can't believe everyone actually cares about her now!

Good riddance I say!


What a wonderfully pleasant sentiment about someone who clearly cared enough about her children that she sold her death to the media to make sure they had better upbringings than she did. how truly nice that you should be so sated by her demise, that you express the sentiment that the world is better without her.


Oh no, a racist chavvy bully who made more money in a few weeks from doing NOTHING than most honest working people do in their lives that everyone hated has died... However will we cope? :roll:


Jealous much? You sound awfully bitter.

I'm morbidly amused that you can find so much hate for someone else you didn't even know. I'm even more amused by your obviously media-driven bias against the woman, and your obvious lack of understanding of "racism" and "bullying". About the only thing you seem to have correct is her being a chav.


I'm not jealous at all, it just makes me sick that while there are people in third world countries starving with barely enough money to buy a loaf of bread for their family, this Jade Goody person made a career with millions from being racist on a crappy reality TV show.

You cannot deny she is a racist bully because she done it on a TV show! There are probably clips on YouTube if you need convincing.

I think Jeremy Clarkson put it best when he said: "Jade Goody was a racist, pig-faced waste of blood and organs".



Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2007
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,481
Location: UK Doncaster

29 Mar 2009, 4:22 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Xanderbeanz wrote:
Ok, it's tragic that a mother of 2 has died of cancer...but what the hell was that media circus all about? Jade went from a stupid, racist, ignorant b**** (all things i detest amongst humans) to a NATIONAL TREASURE in a matter of weeks, just for getting cancer...i mean, i could understand if a talented person or someone who had actually made a contribution to the world got all this coverage but not her...i just don't get it...we've become a nation of celebrity obsessed idiots...and what happened to dieing with dignity???


EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

I can't believe everyone actually cares about her now!

Good riddance I say!


What a wonderfully pleasant sentiment about someone who clearly cared enough about her children that she sold her death to the media to make sure they had better upbringings than she did. how truly nice that you should be so sated by her demise, that you express the sentiment that the world is better without her.


Oh no, a racist chavvy bully who made more money in a few weeks from doing NOTHING than most honest working people do in their lives that everyone hated has died... However will we cope? :roll:


Jealous much? You sound awfully bitter.

I'm morbidly amused that you can find so much hate for someone else you didn't even know. I'm even more amused by your obviously media-driven bias against the woman, and your obvious lack of understanding of "racism" and "bullying". About the only thing you seem to have correct is her being a chav.


I'm not jealous at all, it just makes me sick that while there are people in third world countries starving with barely enough money to buy a loaf of bread for their family, this Jade Goody person made a career with millions from being racist on a crappy reality TV show.

You cannot deny she is a racist bully because she done it on a TV show! There are probably clips on YouTube if you need convincing.

I think Jeremy Clarkson put it best when he said: "Jade Goody was a racist, pig-faced waste of blood and organs".


And Ant and Dec were making 20mill a year being irritating geordie tossers. Just about every major banker has been embezzling money for years, and even the poor benefits claimants in the west live like kings compared to people in "third world countries." Jade's money is barely a drop in the ocean of vast amounts of wealth given to people who simply do not deserve it.

As for racist.. pfah, hers is a playground racism at best, brought about by vast ignorance and environment.. a bout of bitchiness which she spent the rest of her life making up for, apologising about, and generally trying to correct and rectify. As opposed to say.. that other bird who nobody ever brings up.. the one who became a recluse. Jo something. Where the hell was she? Was she in India trying to make peace with a nation? No she bloody wasn't. And she was somebody already famous who should have known better.


_________________
"There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart,
that you can't take part" [Mario Savo, 1964]


DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,708
Location: FL

29 Mar 2009, 8:37 am

Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Xanderbeanz wrote:
Ok, it's tragic that a mother of 2 has died of cancer...but what the hell was that media circus all about? Jade went from a stupid, racist, ignorant b**** (all things i detest amongst humans) to a NATIONAL TREASURE in a matter of weeks, just for getting cancer...i mean, i could understand if a talented person or someone who had actually made a contribution to the world got all this coverage but not her...i just don't get it...we've become a nation of celebrity obsessed idiots...and what happened to dieing with dignity???


EXACTLY! THANK YOU!

I can't believe everyone actually cares about her now!

Good riddance I say!


What a wonderfully pleasant sentiment about someone who clearly cared enough about her children that she sold her death to the media to make sure they had better upbringings than she did. how truly nice that you should be so sated by her demise, that you express the sentiment that the world is better without her.


Oh no, a racist chavvy bully who made more money in a few weeks from doing NOTHING than most honest working people do in their lives that everyone hated has died... However will we cope? :roll:


Jealous much? You sound awfully bitter.

I'm morbidly amused that you can find so much hate for someone else you didn't even know. I'm even more amused by your obviously media-driven bias against the woman, and your obvious lack of understanding of "racism" and "bullying". About the only thing you seem to have correct is her being a chav.


I'm not jealous at all, it just makes me sick that while there are people in third world countries starving with barely enough money to buy a loaf of bread for their family, this Jade Goody person made a career with millions from being racist on a crappy reality TV show.

You cannot deny she is a racist bully because she done it on a TV show! There are probably clips on YouTube if you need convincing.

I think Jeremy Clarkson put it best when he said: "Jade Goody was a racist, pig-faced waste of blood and organs".


And Ant and Dec were making 20mill a year being irritating geordie tossers. Just about every major banker has been embezzling money for years, and even the poor benefits claimants in the west live like kings compared to people in "third world countries." Jade's money is barely a drop in the ocean of vast amounts of wealth given to people who simply do not deserve it.

As for racist.. pfah, hers is a playground racism at best, brought about by vast ignorance and environment.. a bout of bitchiness which she spent the rest of her life making up for, apologising about, and generally trying to correct and rectify. As opposed to say.. that other bird who nobody ever brings up.. the one who became a recluse. Jo something. Where the hell was she? Was she in India trying to make peace with a nation? No she bloody wasn't. And she was somebody already famous who should have known better.


You are correct but if a banker where to catch cancer would everyone be sad? HELL NO!

She went to India and said sorry so she would keep getting money. In fact, she probably did it just so she could get more attention and money from the media.

I am not going to continue this argument because I have better things to do than talk about Jade Goody all day.



skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 658
Location: England

29 Mar 2009, 9:18 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:

I think Jeremy Clarkson put it best when he said: "Jade Goody was a racist, pig-faced waste of blood and organs".


I just did a google on this. I think someone should point out that Clarkson said this two years ago (when Jade Goody was in good health).

It's still unnecessary though. Clarkson, you see, is another media creation. He's a smart guy, and he's good on Top Gear, but he's worked out that the best way he's going to make it as a cultural commentator is by being offensive. Only, because he works in the media, he knows he can't break any politically correct taboos, so he's reduced to insulting people and mocking their appearances. This isn't daring or edgy, it's just dumb.



DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,708
Location: FL

30 Mar 2009, 10:36 am

skysaw wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

I think Jeremy Clarkson put it best when he said: "Jade Goody was a racist, pig-faced waste of blood and organs".


I just did a google on this. I think someone should point out that Clarkson said this two years ago (when Jade Goody was in good health).

It's still unnecessary though. Clarkson, you see, is another media creation. He's a smart guy, and he's good on Top Gear, but he's worked out that the best way he's going to make it as a cultural commentator is by being offensive. Only, because he works in the media, he knows he can't break any politically correct taboos, so he's reduced to insulting people and mocking their appearances. This isn't daring or edgy, it's just dumb.


Thats true, yes, and he said it when everyone was making fun of her for being the racist pig she is.

And, yes, Clarkson is another media creation as you put it but at least he actually does something (tests cars, does comedy, and Top Gear wouldn't be the same without him), but the whole Clarkson thing is a whole new subject.



anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,825
Location: Europe

30 Mar 2009, 12:00 pm

I don't really care about the subject matter much as I didn't follow that story closely, but I guess that raising awareness of how important it is to get a HPV vaccine or just perform regular checkups (or even better - have good old fashioned protected sex) is a good thing, no matter how it's served.


_________________
not a bug - a feature.


TallyMan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 41,833

30 Mar 2009, 12:06 pm

anna-banana wrote:
I don't really care about the subject matter much as I didn't follow that story closely, but I guess that raising awareness of how important it is to get a HPV vaccine or just perform regular checkups (or even better - have good old fashioned protected sex) is a good thing, no matter how it's served.


I read that the injection is being made available en-mass at schools in the UK - except for Catholic run schools who refuse to allow it. :roll:


_________________
I've left WP indefinitely.


Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Aug 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 833

30 Mar 2009, 2:14 pm

i think i've got to the centre of my reaction....i'm a smart, talented individual, who, because of an invisible difference, has been ostracised, rejected and hated by society for most of my life......sure my diagnosis means it wasn't intrinsically my fault, but the hate persists in me...so it's an incredible sense of bitterness, injustice and WTF that comes over me when some racist, ignorant, stupid b**** becomes a NATIONAL TREASURE who EVERYBODY LOVES just because she got cancer...

90% of humans are f***ing ignorant, xenophobic, fickle idiots, and you're deluding yourselves if you think that society will ever "accept" our kind, they'd rather exterminate us and go back to reading their tabloid trash....x



Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,333

30 Mar 2009, 3:12 pm

Xanderbeanz wrote:
i think i've got to the centre of my reaction....i'm a smart, talented individual, who, because of an invisible difference, has been ostracised, rejected and hated by society for most of my life......sure my diagnosis means it wasn't intrinsically my fault, but the hate persists in me...so it's an incredible sense of bitterness, injustice and WTF that comes over me when some racist, ignorant, stupid b**** becomes a NATIONAL TREASURE who EVERYBODY LOVES just because she got cancer...

90% of humans are f***ing ignorant, xenophobic, fickle idiots, and you're deluding yourselves if you think that society will ever "accept" our kind, they'd rather exterminate us and go back to reading their tabloid trash....x


real celebrities are people who contributed to the world like Ziryab, Christiopher Columbus, Averroes and Abucassis



history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,367
Location: X

30 Mar 2009, 3:47 pm

Too bad she's dead...she had nice cleavage


_________________
X


DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2008
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,708
Location: FL

31 Mar 2009, 11:07 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
Too bad she's dead...she had nice cleavage


:lol: