23 Mar 2009, 4:37 pm

Your beloved god's chosen army:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7960071.stm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 5:02 pm

LPP~

"The examples presented by the Haaretz reporter are not in accordance with IDF values and are simply tasteless," the military statement said.

"This type of humour is unbecoming and should be condemned."

Did you read that part of the article?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 5:15 pm

It's just a psycholgical defense mechism they are using so that they can cope with the horrors of doing what they need to do to protect their country from suicide bombers and rocket attacks.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 6:30 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

Why all the excitement. The Palestinians are Amalekites. Read what the TNKH has to say about dealing with Amalekites. Basically it is "kill'em all and let Yaweh dispose of the bodies"

ruveyn

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 7:43 pm

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is TNKH? I went on a search of the internet, but was asked if I was looking for "Ankh" or "Tenth".

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 9:39 pm

McTell wrote:
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is TNKH? I went on a search of the internet, but was asked if I was looking for "Ankh" or "Tenth".

It is the anglicization of the Hebrew acronym for Torah, Nevi'im, Ktubim. Torah, the Prophets, the Writings. What you Gentiles call the Old Testament.

ruveyn

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 9:53 pm

Speaking of prophets, if you read the book of Ezekiel, you will see that Israel is going to exterminate the Arab world sooner or later (and the Arabs and Russians will be the instigators), so why bother complaining about the inevitable?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 9:55 pm

John_Browning wrote:
Speaking of prophets, if you read the book of Ezekiel, you will see that Israel is going to exterminate the Arab world sooner or later (and the Arabs and Russians will be the instigators), so why bother complaining about the inevitable?

Do tell me what the ancient Hebrews knew of the Russians and the Arabs.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2009, 11:35 pm

It's not exactly practical to post all of Ezekiel 38 and 39, so I'll continue the rest in PM if you want. The names of the places are the names of Noah's descendants and they represent the location each descendant settled.

Ezekiel 38:

1 This is another message that came to me from the Lord: 2 “Son of man, turn and face Gog of the land of Magog (probably turkey), the prince who rules over the nations of Rosh (Southeastern Russia) Meshech and Tubal (definitely parts of turkey), and prophesy against him. 3 Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: Gog, I am your enemy! 4 I will turn you around and put hooks in your jaws to lead you out with your whole army—your horses and charioteers in full armor and a great horde armed with shields and swords. 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya (Iraq, Iran, North Africa) will join you, too, with all their weapons. 6 Gomer (Cimmerians-from Russia) and all its armies will also join you, along with the armies of Beth-togarmah from ( the distant north, and many others.

7 “Get ready; be prepared! Keep all the armies around you mobilized, and take command of them. 8 A long time from now you will be called into action. In the distant future you will swoop down on the land of Israel, which will be enjoying peace after recovering from war and after its people have returned from many lands to the mountains of Israel. 9 You and all your allies—a vast and awesome army—will roll down on them like a storm and cover the land like a cloud....

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 12:06 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't really Iran. Iran will align with Russia and Turkey will side with them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 9:12 am

John_Browning wrote:
It's not exactly practical to post all of Ezekiel 38 and 39, so I'll continue the rest in PM if you want. The names of the places are the names of Noah's descendants and they represent the location each descendant settled.

Ezekiel 38:

1 This is another message that came to me from the Lord: 2 “Son of man, turn and face Gog of the land of Magog (probably turkey), the prince who rules over the nations of Rosh (Southeastern Russia) Meshech and Tubal (definitely parts of turkey), and prophesy against him. 3 Give him this message from the Sovereign Lord: Gog, I am your enemy! 4 I will turn you around and put hooks in your jaws to lead you out with your whole army—your horses and charioteers in full armor and a great horde armed with shields and swords. 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya (Iraq, Iran, North Africa) will join you, too, with all their weapons. 6 Gomer (Cimmerians-from Russia) and all its armies will also join you, along with the armies of Beth-togarmah from ( the distant north, and many others.

7 “Get ready; be prepared! Keep all the armies around you mobilized, and take command of them. 8 A long time from now you will be called into action. In the distant future you will swoop down on the land of Israel, which will be enjoying peace after recovering from war and after its people have returned from many lands to the mountains of Israel. 9 You and all your allies—a vast and awesome army—will roll down on them like a storm and cover the land like a cloud....

Biblical prophecy is crap-doodle.

ruveyn

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 9:22 am

Funny what you can do if you just change all the words to what you want.

Watch me do it to a CNN news story!

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner (the villain monkey of Amsterdam) will push for unprecedented new regulatory powers (he can turn mud into gold) today to seize financial institutions (the houses where the Martians are living) whose failure would pose serious risks (of hepatitis) to the U.S. financial system (the great gold-mans circulatory system), according to two senior administration (of the NWO) officials.

What does your Bible stories have to do with t-shirts depicting pregnant women and children being shot? Just trying to insert some comic relief into the thread?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 9:37 am

Well, it's an example of bad humor but when you look at all the bad humor out there, it's hardly an isolated example. This is just a drop in the bucket. It's hardly a PC world, is it?

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 3:05 pm

John_Browning wrote:

I do so admire the moral rectitude of the religious mind. I'd join up myself, if it weren't for the prohibition against prawns. Was that in Leviticus? Where it lists the abominations. You know, homosexuality, prawns, and I'm sure Arabs are in there, somewhere. And with the book of Joshua sanctioning genocide, there shouldn't be a problem with shooting pregnant women and celebrating two kills with one shot. Your long term occupation of the moral high ground is secure.

Quote:
your horses and charioteers in full armor and a great horde armed with shields and swords

Yet another proof of the accuracy of biblical prophecy! If the Turkish army invades Israel with horse-drawn chariots, and the soldiers are armed with shields and swords, the IDF will wipe them out. The Turks couldn't even hope the IDF soldiers would laugh too hard to aim straight. Slingshots are even older technology, and IDF soldiers have no problems with shooting those who are armed with slingshots.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 3:52 pm

Gromit wrote:
Quote:
your horses and charioteers in full armor and a great horde armed with shields and swords

Yet another proof of the accuracy of biblical prophecy! If the Turkish army invades Israel with horse-drawn chariots, and the soldiers are armed with shields and swords, the IDF will wipe them out. The Turks couldn't even hope the IDF soldiers would laugh too hard to aim straight. Slingshots are even older technology, and IDF soldiers have no problems with shooting those who are armed with slingshots.

Do you really think it would have been possible in ancient times to explain fighter jets and tanks to people?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 5:22 pm

John_Browning wrote:
Do you really think it would have been possible in ancient times to explain fighter jets and tanks to people?

If they had the concept of a machine, sure. Fighter jet: a machine made of metal that flies fast enough that it can travel from Jerusalem to Damascus and back 20 times between sunrise and sunset at equinox, and is big enough to carry a man and weapons weighing as much as two horses.

Tank: a horseless armoured chariot with many wheels, and chains running over the wheels. It can throw a projectile as far the distance between (insert two suitable places here). It carries three or four men inside it, and moves faster than the fastest horse. A rock as heavy as a sheep, thrown from a Roman catapult, would bounce off it armour.

See? Easy. The range of the tank's cannon and the speed of the jet would have allowed us to make a good prediction about the time when that invasion is supposed to happen.

But all that misses the point. You gave the impression of being a biblical literalist. I generally find those people are literalist only when it suits them. That is when the prophecy is vague enough to to be unfalsifiable and when it fits their agenda. When a detail falsifies the prophecy, they say that detail is only metaphorical, or come up with a creative re-interpretation (like for pi = 3). The prophecy says horses, chariots, swords and shields. Either it hasn't been fulfilled and is wrong, or it predicts a future total collapse of industrial society and a return to horses, chariots, swords and shields. Take your pick.

I find it even more interesting that you have no objection at all to my conjecture that you have no objection against genocide. Can I take this as confirmed? And would that be no objection against genocide that is inevitable, genocide that is sanctioned by your interpretation of the bible, or any genocide at all?