If you could exchange AS for another minority group

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

animeboy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2009, 6:00 pm

This is stupid, because I am already Asian American in part.

That and I would never want to give up the experience of Asperger Syndrome, I enjoy pissing off and confounding other people way too much :P .

I leave you with this quote.

“For who would lose,
though full of pain,
this intellectual being,
those thoughts that wander through eternity, to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?”

-John Milton; Paradise Lost

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 6:04 pm

I suppose if I had not AS, I would quite like to be somebody who knows what they're doing. Such people are an extreme minority.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Mar 2009, 8:43 pm

Well, I am already a triple minority; female, mixed race, and an Aspie. Might as well leave well enough alone. 8)

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 12:47 am

As a double minority (Asian and Aspie, esp. if I were in Anglo-Saxon countries) I would say that well, it is my experience that helped and not break me. I would rather enjoy being myself and not change anything.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 1:52 am

McTell wrote:
I suppose if I had not AS, I would quite like to be somebody who knows what they're doing. Such people are an extreme minority.

me too, and I'd also be in the minority of people who have IQ's over 160. :D

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 2:54 am

I understand the question and its origins but I still hate it. I have changed my mind so many times on the minority group that I would join. Each has such intricate and unique disadvantages, choosing is doing my head in.

Cant I just take a pill and be cured, after all I only want to be able to have an average ability to read facial expressions and understand social interactions and I would be happy.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Mar 2009, 4:10 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Cant I just take a pill and be cured, after all I only want to be able to have an average ability to read facial expressions and understand social interactions and I would be happy.

I second that! :)

mechanima
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 5:19 pm

I think I'd opt for being transexual. That way I have a valid excuse to devote myself to being glamorous and hedonistic...and if I COULD be black, as WELL, I could wear brighter colors without looking washed out too...

...not that I lack depth or anything... :wink:

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 10:50 pm

I would like to be in the minority that got taken by aliens to explore the multiverse. 8)

Irulan, this thread would have done SOO much better in the 'Off the wall:Games etc.' forum.

Been more fun, I mean.