Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 11:00 am

Prosser wrote:
The console version doesn't havs console...

I fail to see the logic.

it is ironic isnt it? :lol:

zerooftheday
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Mar 2009, 11:41 am

Oblivion was so awesomely sneaky it stole around 200 hours of my life, albeit over several months.

I tried to play through legit, but I'd played Morrowind and I knew how to manipulate the stats on level-up. I'm very bad at *not* exploiting games, and the oblivion gates made the game stupid easy. Just get up to level 20, go do a couple of gates, reload until you get a couple-three cloaking orbs, then got make yourself armor that has 100% cloak. Then grab Merune's Razor, Azura's star, and go rape anything you want.

They won't attack, you're invisible. They won't run, you're not sneaking. They may die instantly, the Razor has a chance for instant kill (with a counter of how many souls you've taken). And if you soul-trap obsessively, you'll never run out. All you gotta do is carry hammers until you hit 100 in repair, then you are officially a god in that game.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 1:05 pm

zerooftheday wrote:
Oblivion was so awesomely sneaky it stole around 200 hours of my life, albeit over several months.

I tried to play through legit, but I'd played Morrowind and I knew how to manipulate the stats on level-up. I'm very bad at *not* exploiting games, and the oblivion gates made the game stupid easy. Just get up to level 20, go do a couple of gates, reload until you get a couple-three cloaking orbs, then got make yourself armor that has 100% cloak. Then grab Merune's Razor, Azura's star, and go rape anything you want.

They won't attack, you're invisible. They won't run, you're not sneaking. They may die instantly, the Razor has a chance for instant kill (with a counter of how many souls you've taken). And if you soul-trap obsessively, you'll never run out. All you gotta do is carry hammers until you hit 100 in repair, then you are officially a god in that game.

Ive made a 100% chemelion speel but i never use armor that has 100% (too cheap and reflect effects help a bunch... : P

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 4:03 pm

Confused-Fish wrote:
why use a glitch to get money? if you want to cheat just use the console

I'm on PS3, not PC. Same with my Fallout 3 game.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 4:18 pm

Relicanth7 wrote:
I stoped using gliches last runthrough... soz im using standard heavy armor. :roll:

You can enchant cloth items with Fire Shield, Shock Shield, Frost Shield(Up to 25% Armor Rating + it protects you from those elements) or regular Shield(Up to 20% Armor Rating) and get more than max defense especially with Sigil stones and you never have to repair them, ever. Of course you won't get any skill ups that way, but what the hay, you free up all that weight to carry other items you can sell or use.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 11:00 pm

mikebw wrote:
Relicanth7 wrote:
I stoped using gliches last runthrough... soz im using standard heavy armor. :roll:

You can enchant cloth items with Fire Shield, Shock Shield, Frost Shield(Up to 25% Armor Rating + it protects you from those elements) or regular Shield(Up to 20% Armor Rating) and get more than max defense especially with Sigil stones and you never have to repair them, ever. Of course you won't get any skill ups that way, but what the hay, you free up all that weight to carry other items you can sell or use.

But at master they no loger encumber you... :?

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 12:14 am

But master takes a butt load of time to get to... :x

Some cons to heavy armor:
Weighs 100+ stones, hinders your speed, hinders your sneaking, and hinders your magic casting for a butt load of time. You have to reach Journeyman before it stops affecting your sneak and Master before it stops affecting your speed.
Won't give 100% armor rating until your armor skill is high.
Has to stay fully repaired for max effectiveness.
A full suit of Daedric, the best of the heavy armors, has an armor rating of 75 and weighs 162 stones. The max armor rating you can attain is 85.

Some pros to enchanted cloth:
With 0 weight clothing(Hood, shirt, and pants), wearing a full cloth outfit will only weigh 1-2.5 stone for the shoes. If you opt to use weighted clothing the max a suit of cloth could weigh is 10.5 stone.
Never hinders your speed, sneaking, or magic casting.
Will provide full armor rating it is enchanted with at all times.
Never has to be repaired.
Cloth enchanted with Fire/Shock/Frost Shield provides an armor rating plus a corresponding magic resist, so three pieces of cloth enchanted with sigil stones providing Shock Shield(Max AR%25+M%25) give an armor rating of 75 and reduce shock damage by 75%.

To be fair, some pros of heavy armor:
Heavy Armor skill is governed by Endurance, so wearing it can help to increase Endurance which raises your health, the sooner you get Endurance to 100 the better. The other two skills governed by Endurance are Block and Armorer.
You don't need to learn spells and gain access to an Altar of Enchantment or get a sigil stone to enchant it for some armor rating.

I think light armor is better than heavy armor, at Expert it no longer encumbers you and at Master a full suit provides the same armor rating as heavy armor. I personally wear a mix of enchanted cloth and light armor, I haven't reached Master yet.