Page 1 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Jonasayan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2009, 9:05 am

Hi

I'm a communist, and I hope that there's also other commies around here. I'm open for discussions, whatever the political topic is.

Jonas

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 10:00 am

Jonasayan wrote:
Hi

I'm a communist, and I hope that there's also other commies around here. I'm open for discussions, whatever the political topic is.

Jonas

Georges Clemenceau once wrote: If a man is not a communist by the time he is twenty he has no heart. If he is still a communist when he is forty, he has no brains.

ruveyn

just_ben
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2009, 10:01 am

Well, Jonas is only 18, so he's ok so far.

And to answer your question, no I'm not a communist, sorry. I will do better in the future, premier. :P

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2009, 11:08 am

What Country are you from?

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 11:17 am

"Communism" carries a bad connection. The Soviet Union and China wasn't communist by the definition of the word, yet they are accepted as such.

You should be careful to call yourself a communist.

Jonasayan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2009, 11:19 am

Shadowgirl wrote:
What Country are you from?

I'm from Norway :)

Jonasayan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2009, 11:23 am

Henriksson wrote:
"Communism" carries a bad connection. The Soviet Union and China wasn't communist by the definition of the word, yet they are accepted as such.

You should be careful to call yourself a communist.

Soviet Union became a state of capitalism, ruled by a small corrupted bureaucracy after Stalin's death in 1953.

After Mao's death in 1976, the capitalist- friendly persons in the Party came to power, and removed everything that can be called Marxism from the Political structure

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2009, 11:30 am

You know the Father of Communism Karl Marx was a raging Alcoholic that couldn't keep a job for more then 6 months and wrote Das Kapital in a total Alcoholic Haze.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 12:12 pm

Seen on a bumper sticker: "Kill A Commie For Mommie"

... gawd, how I miss the Cold War! Too bad Communism was such a high-flying failure.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 12:18 pm

Fnord wrote:

... gawd, how I miss the Cold War! Too bad Communism was such a high-flying failure.

The Soviet Union collapsed December 8 1991, and I was born January 10 1992, so I managed to avoid the thing all together. :lol:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 12:20 pm

Henriksson wrote:
Fnord wrote:

The Soviet Union collapsed December 8 1991, and I was born January 10 1992, so I managed to avoid the thing all together. :lol:

North Korea is still around. It and Cuba are the last Marxist Communist nations left. Both are in very bad economic condition.

ruveyn

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 12:27 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
Fnord wrote:

North Korea is still around. It and Cuba are the last Marxist Communist nations left. Both are in very bad economic condition.

ruveyn

... which pretty much says all that needs to be said about communism, eh?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2009, 12:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Henriksson wrote:
Fnord wrote:

ruveyn

... which pretty much says all that needs to be said about communism, eh?

True and the reason being is that Communism doesn't work. It sound good on paper but is a failed system.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 1:00 pm

DentArthurDent is a Marxist (or rather, a leftist pragmatist). He's older than 40 I believe, so as far as the saying referenced earlier in this thread... :wink:

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 1:03 pm

Jonasayan wrote:
Soviet Union became a state of capitalism, ruled by a small corrupted bureaucracy after Stalin's death in 1953.

After Mao's death in 1976, the capitalist- friendly persons in the Party came to power, and removed everything that can be called Marxism from the Political structure

The issue is that Stalin and Mao are both often blamed for atrocities. Khrushchev openly admitted to Stalin's killings, and the Great Leap Forward under Mao is often considered a terrible move resulting in the deaths of millions. Because of that, your defenses do not remove blame from the system they existed in.

Shadowgirl wrote:
You know the Father of Communism Karl Marx was a raging Alcoholic that couldn't keep a job for more then 6 months and wrote Das Kapital in a total Alcoholic Haze.

Well, he was also a brilliant person by the accounts of most. Even if he could write something as large as Das Kapital in a drunken haze, I would be impressed, as it is a 1000 page work with sections. Just looking at the work shows that it is more intelligently constructed than most of the posts here, even if it is wrong, and I think even the most critical but serious anti-Marxian would admit that Marx was a smart guy, perhaps wrong, but smart.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 1:10 pm

I have been called a communist before, but I'm actually a libertarian.

y es como un semestre"