Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 11:45 am

so i met this girl on st patty's day. we talked a bunch that night, i had answered my phone in french when my dad called which surprised her so we spent most of the night talking in french (she's anglophone but she speaks french pretty well). anyways when it came time to leave i got her number, and she made sure i got her name right and spelled it right (not that i got it wrong, she was just very clear about it)

so sunday i called the number, no answer and no answering machine, called again on monday, same thing. i started to wonder if she had given me the wrong number but she called me back later that day wondering who had called her, i told her who it was, asked her out for coffee, she said "yeah, but i'm about to lose reception so i'll text you back". i'm still waiting for a text.

so now i'm stuck wondering if she's going to text me or not. if she isn't going to text me, what the hell was the point of giving me her number in the first place, and what was the point of telling me she'd text me. she could have just as easily given me the old "i've got a boyfriend" response and then she wouldn't have to deal with a phone call from me, or she could have said that when i called. so what do you all think? is she playing games, just waiting to be available to text me back, or do you think she's just not going to text?

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 1:52 pm

I think you're over-thinking things and, like so many guys on this forum, demonising this girl before she's actually done anything really wrong.

I would call her again today, or text her, just in case she's forgotten or run out of credit for her phone or something.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 2:27 pm

To me it sounds like she's giving the cold shoulder... sorry dude...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 2:33 pm

The same thing happened to me with a regular friend, except replace texting with e-mail/IM. I got blocked from IM (which she never really used much anyway), and she hasn't replied to any e-mails in almost three months.

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 2:34 pm

I'm honestly wondering why, if these behaviours are so disruptive, disturbing and upsetting to those who complain, why they don't just move on. Without having actually established anything more than a conversation, I know I would, and have. I think I'd feel personally like I'd lost respect for myself if I didn't. IF they're busy and not calling me back, fine, I won't bother after a couple times, either.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 3:02 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
I think you're over-thinking things and, like so many guys on this forum, demonising this girl before she's actually done anything really wrong.

I would call her again today, or text her, just in case she's forgotten or run out of credit for her phone or something.

I probably am over-thinking it, as i usually do, and if i come off as demonizing her, that wasn't my intent. i'm just confused, i get her number, call, and then i'm told she'll text me back. i guess i figured she'd text me back sooner than a few days later.

i'm not going to bother calling back though. if she's forgotten she probably isn't all that interested, and if she's run out of credit for her phone she's got me on facebook so she can get in touch with me through that. plus i don't want to come off as needy, i've already called her twice, i'm not going to make it three times in 4 days with a girl i haven't even been on a date with.

Xanovaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2009, 5:00 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
I think you're over-thinking things

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 10:08 am

so i texted her today and apparently she's seeing someone. whether or not that's true doesn't matter, i'm just frustrated that she'd give me her number, then say she wanted to get coffee and that she'd text me back when she had no intention on doing so. she could have just told me that right off the bat and saved me the trouble

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 11:40 am

Ah, there were probably dozens of extraneous factors to consider. It's not all about you.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 11:52 am

She was probably just busy. Her phone could have been switched off. Anything. I think you're reading too much into it.

y es como un semestre"