Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 9:01 pm

Haha this evening I paid $7 for an hour of banging these kids call music. Small cozy room, hard wood floors, and a touring punk rock band. Cool. Banging so loud the drum-pounding reverberated in my lungs and my ears are still ringing. Their dancing sucks - either standing and thrashing your hair, or pacing up and down banging and flailing your arms. One song was called "Same Shi*. Different Day." Haha. Some other observations - in the audience, an anorexic blond chick tattooed down her elbows greeted a guy and instead of waving her hand she stuck her tongue out provocatively. Skank. haha.

Oh yea and everyone was popping ecstasy pills. Bummer. NOT a place to meet people or make friends.

Last edited by Learning2Survive on 25 Mar 2009, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2009, 9:06 pm

Learning2Survive wrote:
Haha this evening I paid $7 for an hour of banging these kids call music. Small cozy room, hard wood floors, and a touring punk rock band. Cool. Banging so loud the drums pounding reverberated in my lungs and my ears are still ringing. Their dancing sucks - either standing and thrashing your hair, or pacing up and down banging and flailing your arms. Oh yea and everyone was popping ecstasy pills. Bummer.

I've been to many punk shows, and that's the first I've ever heard of people doing ecstasy at a punk show. Most of the good punk shows happened well over 20 years ago, the scene is now much differant, and seems to be much more predictable and contrived.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 2:59 pm

I like punk shows if the scene is just right...love to get a tight mosh pit together and get all that extra energy out @_@ But a lot of times it seems people there would rather just "slam dance" or whatever...meh. And sometimes there's that one guy that likes to get in there and hurt people, and then I'm outta there.

But I haven't really seen any punk bands since everyone moved away after high school...seems everyone's into rock these days, which is still fine, it's just a much different experience.