Obsessive interests..... this is interesting!! !

Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

alana
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 6:18 pm

I went through an autoimmune disease phase too! I thought I was the only one. :) Right now it is paranormal stuff.

Vivienne
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2010, 6:26 pm

Movies – disaster movies, drama, and documentaries mostly
Dreams/Astrology/Religions
Video taping/recording, VHS and DVD authoring, clip sequencing, transition effects, menu creation
Harry Potter (I know, I know)
Adoption/Foster Parenting
Titanic
World War II –soldier’s stories and stories from the concentration camps
The works of William Shakespeare, specifically Romeo and Juliet
Serial Killers
Food
Home Builder’s Plans and Real Estate Listings
Music – learning the lyrics of songs, making playlists, mixing sounds, creating tapes (80’s)/CD’s (90’s)/playlists (00’s), as well as playing instruments and creating my own tunes.
Babies, especially baby name books/websites
Abnormal psychology
Travel trailers and trailer parks
Collecting (earning) certificates
Latin
Natural disasters in history
Writing (lists, poetry, journals, more lists)
The Internet

"Be plain, good son, and homely in thy drift;
Riddling confession finds but riddling shrift"
~Shakespeare

pigeon309
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2010, 6:28 pm

Poetry, language (especially Russian), the band t.A.T.u and the TV show Firefly.

Mxzysptlik
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2012, 10:34 pm

My interest are Cars, Romantic Piano, Architecture, Politics, Economics, History, Race Studies (I'm black), IQ research, film, constitutional law, and Batman and other comic book heroes. My interest are transient and change overtime...I'm starting to get this thing for Astrophysics and String Theory. I read a lot about dynastic families as well but I just consider that all apart of history.

Mxzysptlik
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2012, 10:36 pm

alana wrote:
I went through an autoimmune disease phase too! I thought I was the only one. :) Right now it is paranormal stuff.

Lol I studied HIV for about a year. It's not an autoimmune disease but I think it's interesting that we studied immune disorders lol.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 11:07 pm

math and entrepreneurship and quantum consciousness and aspergers and libertarianism

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 11:18 pm

Edit: Oops, I posted a response to a different thread in this one. Sorry. :oops:

Last edited by IdahoRose on 07 Apr 2012, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 11:48 pm

Science, Physics, gravity, world flags, World War II, physiology, neuroscience, Rubik's Cubes, Asperger's, ice-hockey, mathematics etc.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 12:46 am

Middle Eastern history. Eurasian history. North African history. Jewish history. Islamic history. Christian history. Hebrew. Arabic. Yiddish. Spanish. Sumerian cuneiform. Dead Sea Scrolls.
Mathematical philosophy. Quantum physics. IQ and Intelligence. Ancient genetics. Anthropology. Ancient Near East archaeology. Mummies of the Tarim Basin.
Horse training. Horse anatomy. Hoof health. Graphite drawing.

Ok. It's all I do with my time.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 2:22 am

I have yet to be diagnosed with AS, but to name a few of my more all-consuming interests...

-Transportation infrastructure: traffic signals, highways, bridges, road signs, and so on. Just about everything I drew as a kid had a traffic signal it it, and I can tell you where every traffic signal in my city is. 8O
-Maps (I can spend hours studying one)
-Modes of transportation (Cars--particularly Vovlos and Volkswagens, trains, buses)
-Computers and technology
-Urban landscapes: architecture, the evolution of cities, etc..
-Spreadsheets (data is awesome!)
-Baseball
-Sports venues (baseball or otherwise; my favorite are 60s-era stadiums and arenas)
-Gardening, urban farming
-Natural disasters (both specific events and the scientific mechanisms behind them)
-Autism and Aspergers (this is a new one, and it's consumed the better part of the last week and a half)

Letsrave
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2012, 3:53 am

Odin wrote:
My current ones are Linguistics, Buddhism and Buddhist Meditation, and Neuroscience and Autism.

Just highlighting yours as it's quite similar.

My current interests
Neuroscience, Autism, international politics, physics and a girl cant get outta my head :P

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:40 am

Long term interests: Electronics, computers, engineering, off-road driving, building off-road vehicles, radio control models (aircraft at the moment).

Most of my shorter term interests are offshoots of the above but recently I have also been very interested in autism and how the brain works.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 4:52 am

Sherlock Holmes, Asperger's, green day, medicine related stuff...the area of interest varies, intelligence, the lhc at CERN, horses, freemasonry, and quite a few but I don't remember. Right now the biggest SI of mine is....
SHERLOCK HOLMES!! !! ! :D

biribiri20
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2012, 9:58 am

I am not yet diagnosed but these are the more predominant interests I've spent months to years on for a certain time frame of my life.

As a kid: Biology, Astronomy, Reading, Psychology, Drawing, collecting hot wheels cars

As a teen: Green Day and Punk Rock, Guitar, collecting Harmonicas, Biology, the Japanese language, Anime/Manga, Drawing, Trumpet, Psychology, Documentaries

Currently: Japanese language and culture, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, collecting Japanese-language Manga, Andes Air Crash of 1972, Linguistics, Drawing, Documentaries

I guess the Japanese-related things, drawing, documentaries, and playing guitar are my long-term interests. I've also always had a strong interest in serial killers as well, particularly the more morbid types like Ed Gein, John Wayne Gacy, and Jeffrey Dahmer. In addition to that, I have recently gotten back to buying and collecting harmonicas. Also, this past week I have been watching anything related to "The Room". I've watched it at least 5 times since Monday and I've seen all of the notable video reviews of it done online. I think I didn't get the clue though until my friends asked me yesterday if I was still going on about that when I kept using random quotes from it :)

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 12:32 pm

Obsessions have always been my strongest autistic trait. They have always been animal based and have never really changed since childhood. My obsessions today are Lion King, meerkats, veterniary medicine and Sonic the Hedgehog. What do all of these have in common? They are all animal based. The only former special intrests I can remember are manatees and Tiny Toons. Those are also animal based. My major obsession, meerkats was actualy a bi product of my Lion King obsession. Sonic the Hedgehog is my newest obsession and I don't know what brought that on because I was never really into the games as a kid. I would have probably LOVED SatAM, but I wasn't aware of it as a kid. If I had been into Sonic on the same level I was into Lion King, I would have been another Richard Kuta or "retro Sonic fantard". If Sonic had been my obsession as a kid, I might be obsessed with real hedgehogs or foxes on the same level I am with meerkats. Most Lion King and Sonic fans want to go into feilds like animation or game design. Lion King just got me intrested in spefic species and and I think Sonic would have done the same. But anway, my special intrests/obsessions have always had a common factor...they were/are animal related.

Last edited by MagicMeerkat on 07 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 12:35 pm

In the past few years - running, motorcycle racing, (was very upset when I was told I would never be able to legally drive a motorbike) football, music, maths, computers and more recently, films.