Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which of these best describes you?
I am very over cautious when it comes to parting ways with my money. 47%  47%  [ 28 ]
I am no different from what you would reasonably expect. 18%  18%  [ 11 ]
I just part ways with my wealth with no concern. 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 60

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 9:51 pm

I'm unemployed right now, but unemployment is enough that I don't have to budget at all.

I just have to decide my luxuries, and stick with them. I'm a horrid game/anime addict, but right now, those aren't luxuries that I'll indulge in.

Right now, the only luxuries that I'm allowing myself is nice food, and soon to be a nice apartment. (putting the whole 'roommates waking me up in the middle of the night' thing behind me)

Once I get a job again, I won't have to worry about it at all. Just don't waste to much, and put excess in the stock trading account. (yes, I know it's risky, but it went well for me last year. Even with a colossal blunder, my (admittedly meager) account went up 70%).

Oh, and no more debt. I went through hell last year paying off a motorcycle and on medical expenses. That's over, and I want it to stay that way. I do have a credit card, but the limit is much less than I make in a month (even while on unemployment). I always pay it off (it's more of a buffer to reduce direct access to the bank account) every month, and I won't be raising the limit.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2009, 10:39 pm

I don't have a job and aside from WoW, there's nothing i really want to buy atm. Nothing seems really worth it.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2009, 11:29 pm

I try to be as good as humanly possible when it comes to money. I always make sure there's fuel in the car and enough credit on my pre-paid mobile (cell) phone. I know what my bills are going to be ahead of time so I know to be careful with my spending so I have enough to pay.

I used to be all about my hobbies but now I have a balance between that and my growing social life and my interest in fashion. Gees Im turning more and more into a neurotype everyday :lol: . I also save pretty good too, never underestimate the old piggy bank for savings. I have saved enough in them to buy a new phone when the other was on the brink of dying on me.

reddingcal
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2009, 2:05 am

Video games, movies, books, CDs, ect.