Simplifying Christianity and its Inverse(Satanism)

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 5:53 pm

Haliphron wrote:
z0rp wrote:
Fnord wrote:
1. A face-to-face meeting with your God - Father, Son, or Holy Spirit; whichever you can arrange, and as long as it does not require anything as inconvenient as my death.

1353 W. Valley Dr., LA, Come alone.

Fnord wrote:
2. A miracle directed towards my person or immediate vicinity - healing, regeneration of lost limbs or organs, water into wine, a single crumb of bread feeding several people, et cetera.

If you're willing to trust him enough, why don't you cut off your arm prior to journeying there.

Fnord wrote:
3. A sign for all to witness - the Earth stops spinning for 24 hours, the Red Sea parting wide enough and long enough to drive a convoy of buses from one shore to the other, a plague of locusts descends upon all Islamic countries, et cetera.

How about shaping a cloud to look something like spaghetti and meatballs? He seems to favor doing that for whatever reason.

Fnord wrote:
4. My ex-wife apologizes to me and takes all the blame upon herself for everything that went wrong between us (maybe this should be included in "2. A miracle...").

Well if FSM, I mean God, made everyone to have free will, he cannot compromise your ex-wife's. Unless you make a little church donation.. Then maybe we can arrange something.

Quote:
I wanna see a cloud with the face of Jesus Christ on it facing perpindicular to the ground. Have it form, and then dissapate.

Considering the rapid pace of technology these days the cloud will probably say "Drink CocaCola" and that would be a "message from God" that would prove quite profitable.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 6:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:
... I want proof, meaning any one or more of the following...

1. A face-to-face meeting with your God - Father, Son, or Holy Spirit; whichever you can arrange, and as long as it does not require anything as inconvenient as my death.

2. A miracle directed towards my person or immediate vicinity - healing, regeneration of lost limbs or organs, water into wine, a single crumb of bread feeding several people, et cetera.

3. A sign for all to witness - the Earth stops spinning for 24 hours, the Red Sea parting wide enough and long enough to drive a convoy of buses from one shore to the other, a plague of locusts descends upon all Islamic countries, et cetera.

4. My ex-wife apologizes to me and takes all the blame upon herself for everything that went wrong between us (maybe this should be included in "2. A miracle...").

... occurring within the next 60 hours following the submittal of this post.

Well, folks, the deadline passed about 3-1/2 hours ago, and none of the events came to pass, nor did anything like them occur.

:( I feel much disappointment, but we're dealing with religion, so that's "par for the course."

Now why did none of these events come to pass? Perhaps...

... No religionist read my post; or if they did, they decided to not take up the challenge.

... Attempts were made to make at least one of the stated events occur, but something didn't go right (i.e., couldn't find a virgin and three wise men, prayer line kept putting people on 'hold,' someone ran off with the collection plate...).

... The religionionists were too busy making up their own excuses in advance as to why they couldn't or wouldn't follow through to ever get around to actually trying.

... The religionists know as well as I do just how much of a scam organized religion is.

Oh well, it's a new day ... better to deal with today and let yesterday bury itself.

:D

You can't get it that way.
Gods timing is perfect and you'll find him when it is time.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:27 pm

Shadowgirl wrote:

That is childish blather. You can't find something that is either not there or is determined to stay hidden. Have you noticed that the better our long distance observation instruments get the less sign there is that God is still In Town? As science becomes more capable, the space where miracles happen grows smaller and smaller.

ruveyn

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 7:41 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Shadowgirl wrote:

That is childish blather. You can't find something that is either not there or is determined to stay hidden. Have you noticed that the better our long distance observation instruments get the less sign there is that God is still In Town? As science becomes more capable, the space where miracles happen grows smaller and smaller.

ruveyn

Pr.1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools [a] despise wisdom and discipline. (NIV)

Pr.10:8
The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin. (NIV)

Pr.12:15
The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice. (NIV)

Pr.12:16
A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult. (NIV)

Pr.12:23
A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself, but the heart of fools blurts out folly. (NIV)

Pr.14:8
The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception. (NIV)

Pr.14:9
Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright. (NIV)

Pr.14:16
A wise man fears the LORD and shuns evil, but a fool is hotheaded and reckless. (NIV)

Pr.14:24
The wealth of the wise is their crown, but the folly of fools yields folly. (NIV)

Pr.15:14
The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly. (NIV)

Pr.17:10
A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than a hundred lashes a fool. (NIV)

Pr.17:12
Better to meet a bear robbed of her cubs than a fool in his folly. (NIV)

Pr.17:16
Of what use is money in the hand of a fool, since he has no desire to get wisdom? (NIV)

Pr.18:2
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions. (NIV)

Pr.18:6
A fool's lips bring him strife, and his mouth invites a beating. (NIV)

Pr.20:3
It is to a man's honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel. (NIV)

Pr.26:3
A whip for the horse, a halter for the donkey, and a rod for the backs of fools! (NIV)

Pr.26:11
As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly. (NIV)

Pr.27:22
Though you grind a fool in a mortar, grinding him like grain with a pestle, you will not remove his folly from him. (NIV)

Pr.28:26
He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe. (NIV)

Pr.29:11
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. (NIV)

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:48 pm

Wikiquote>The Bible

"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
* H.L. Mencken

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 8:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
z0rp wrote:
Fnord wrote:

1353 W. Valley Dr., LA, Come alone.

Seems to be an invalid address.

Well, Heaven registers invalid too.

Fnord wrote:
z0rp wrote:
Fnord wrote:

If you're willing to trust him enough, why don't you cut off your arm prior to journeying there.

I'm already missing parts of my body that could be regenerated. No need to cut off anything more.

Well, if you're already circumsized you cannot just convert to Judaism, more needs to come off. Similar here none the less.

Fnord wrote:
z0rp wrote:
Fnord wrote:

How about shaping a cloud to look something like spaghetti and meatballs? He seems to favor doing that for whatever reason.

To subjective - a cloud that looks like FSM to you may look like a kittty and a bunny taking a nap together to me.

Oh trust me, this looks like spaghetti and meatballs, if you see it, it's undeniable.

Fnord wrote:
z0rp wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Well if FSM, I mean God, made everyone to have free will, he cannot compromise your ex-wife's. Unless you make a little church donation.. Then maybe we can arrange something.

Oy gevaldt! ... "Make a donation" ... Typical religionism at work! :roll:

It's not a lot! Only 15% of your paycheck each week. (Before taxes of course)

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 9:22 pm

twoshots wrote:
Wikiquote>The Bible

"A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married."
* H.L. Mencken

Are you a fan of Mencken? I have not read much by him but have wanted to at times, anything recommended if you've read him?

JeffDmetalgod
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2010, 3:11 pm

Ok my 2 cents. I've studied Laveyan satanism for the last 25+ years or so. Seems most of the early writings are meant to provoke but he makes a lot of sense and offers no promises. His "theories" on satanic magick seem to say they're cathartic role playing ceremonies designed to rid you of your desires or compulsions so you're not eaten up by guilt,anger,whatever. I do enjoy his later writings and maybe he was an aspie with all of the various articles written on creating your own world/total environments (which I did long before reading his stuff) check out the "What's new?" Article from Satan Speaks. I discovered his stuff when I was a tormented teen as most of the bullies were X-tians usually of the catholic persuasion. I realized by carrying a copy of the satanic bible around,people will leave you alone! Which is what I wanted in the first place! After actually cracking the book open I found it easy to agree with. Personally I lean towards atheism but if there is a god I want solid proof! My own existence is not enough and I want/require more than scripture passages. I mean if it is real why isn't the bible taught as fact in school? Why are there other religions besides christianity? Kinda hard for me to swallow. My personal dealings with xtians, they're ok but some cannot deal with the fact you do not believe and are neurotic about converting you. Self professed satanists can be just as pushy but most are putting on a cartoonish rebel facade like most black metal fans. Playing a sort of D and D with the chaotic evil alignment.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 3:17 pm

Satanism is not the inverse of Christianity. Also, which version of satanism are you referring to?

JeffDmetalgod

08 Nov 2010, 8:56 pm

I'm referring to satanism as defined in the writings of Anton LaVey.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 10:52 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
"satanists" piss me off even more than christians. some stupid symbolist "occultist" wannabe-cult

"im a satanist, but i dont believe in satan per se, mind you. i am just VERY egocentrical. thats my faith."

what a ret*d. and i guess dimmu borgir just happens to come with the faith? most of these guys grow up, but its really pathetic when they dont.

i know adult people who are "thelemists". yes. they wear robes, wave wands, and perform rituals. yes, WANDS. ROBES and WANDS.
like in HARRY POTTER.

LeVeyan Satanism is very watered down Randian Objectivism.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

11 Nov 2010, 6:44 am

Henriksson wrote:
No, wrong. HRG's cat keeps destroying and recreating the world again every Thursday. :wink:

You know, that's a religion I could quite possibly live with. Provided the afterlife involves salmon paté. :lol:

Lavey's Satanism always seemed a bit silly to me. I mean, he has a philosophy of egotism behind it all (a lot of it, from what little I know, based on Nietzsche), but you couldn't call it a religion. And the actual 'Devil-worshipping' seems to be just so much showmanship. (Although I hear old Anton was a mean piano player.)

That said...there is a genuine branch of paganism (although some Pagans aren't too keen on being associated with them) called Luciferianism. They claim to be a traditional path going back donkey's years (doesn't everyone?), and believe in Lucifer as the bringer of knowledge and enlightenment to humans. It seems closest to a branch of Gnosticism with elements of traditional European paganism and Jewish mythology thrown in. Some of them are willing to hex in self-defence (which most Pagans refuse to do), and some of them use traditional herbal hallucinogens, but they're a long way from most people's idea of Satanists. (Unless, of course, you believe that anything that isn't your own brand of Christianity is 'evil', in which case actual morality doesn't come into it.)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 11:25 am

The "inverse" of Christianity is NOT Satanism. It is the denial that the death of Jesus Christ repays, covers and nullifies the Original Sin committed by Adam and Eve. A specific form of this is Arianism; a denial of the Holy Trinity.

ruveyn

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 1:39 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The "inverse" of Christianity is NOT Satanism. It is the denial that the death of Jesus Christ repays, covers and nullifies the Original Sin committed by Adam and Eve. A specific form of this is Arianism; a denial of the Holy Trinity.

ruveyn

2 john 1:7 gives a pretty good example of the "inverse" of christianity.