Anyone else accused of being gay for simply being different?

Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 10:29 am

I am tired of being judged in this area. When people think of judging others based on sexuality, they focus on uptight moralists judging gays or those who are what they call "debauched". This is only half the story. Everyone judges everyone else. It doesn't matter what you are, someone who isn't like you will judge you. If you are gay, they judge you for going against the will of God. If you are straight, they judge you for being uptight and narrow minded, not exploring the full extent of your sexuality. If you are bisexual, you are judged for not being either gay or straight and to some, it's not a credible form of sexuality. If you don't gravitate and salivate at the opposite sex on a full time basis, you must be gay. If you don't have sex, you must be a pervert.

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2009, 10:50 am

No, people just make the assumption I'm asexual xD, which is kind of annoying, but I don't really mind. If they didn't think that, they'd probably label me lesbian or something.
EMZ=]

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 11:14 am

I was very androgynous as a pre-teen and early teen...and once I hit jr. High, I was frequently called a lesbian...and this made any girl who was my friend a lesbian too.

I gradually became more "feminine" in a really weird way...but the pressure worked

khelben1979
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2009, 11:15 am

I have been called: dam Amiga gay aproximately 12 years ago. I took it as a compliment, but I have never been a gay.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2009, 12:05 pm

haha i was well my mom thought i was cuz i wouldnt tell her my crushs oh and i wear this jacket it makes me look like im a lesbian and i heard girls in the bathroom talking about it once while i was in there.
thats so embaressing but i was a major tomboy a few years ago and i bet people thought i was they just never said it to my face.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 12:31 pm

Gaybles topic

People will think what they want. Other humans do not define me. 8)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

28 Mar 2009, 12:46 pm

Kids asked me in high school if I was a lesbian and they said they had heard about me being one. Another rumor in high school about me. I said I was not. I couldn't understand why someone would come up with that dumb idea and my mom said it's because I don't date or hang out with anyone. Yeah but wouldn't I be with other girls if I were a lesbian and be seen with another girl? It still be stupid to assume I'm lesbian if I were with another girl. Who says friends can't be together and hang out? Boys hang out with other boys and girls hang out with other girls, I see it all the time, doesn't make them gay.

sjamaan
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2009, 1:17 pm

I hate how people have the urge to label others like that. They just jump to conclusions without asking. And, worse, if they do ask, they assume you must be lying if you don't confirm their conclusions.

28 Mar 2009, 1:29 pm

People are stupid but TV shows sure make it obvious lol about a character. I even guessed two characters in one of The Simpsons episodes were gay because they were living together and standing so close and had their hands on each other as they were talking to Homer and then they said they were gay so my assumptions were right lol. Like I say TV shows make it so obvious. They do stereotypes is why and they exaggerate body language so it's easy to pick up and read characters better.

reddingcal
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2009, 2:50 pm

It made me realize what a real gay or lesbian person would have to go through. These people were grasping at straws with their attempt to label me. I also have a first name "Calvin" that is common in the black community. I've had some moments online and with job applications where people have discriminated against me because they thought I was black (I'm a white guy).. Total BS. This one Best Buy I've been applying to for years has nothing but white middle class kids working there. Naturally they wont even call me because in their minds I'm black. That is not right! The only people who have ever hired me are what you would call real equal opportunity employers. In away I'm glad to have seen people for what they really are. I do not trust anyone, not even myself.

Another reason people thought I was gay was because I wouldn't kiss up to the popular cute girls. I wouldn't let them get away with anything they want.

ImMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2009, 8:23 pm

I had someone I used to hang out with eventually say I walk funny and confronted me one day and said very bluntly "Dude, are you gay?" because I liked hanging around him and didn't hit on girls and stuff.

Also, my dad says I'm gay sometimes when he sees me getting a high pitched voice around animals; I call them cute and kiss them and I guess that's something gay people do or something.

But I'm really in between straight and bisexual so maybe these people are somewhat on to something I don't know.

If you consider sexuality to be on a linear one-dimensional continuum, then I would be in the following:

<(gay) ------------------------- (Bisexual) -------------*I'm Here*------------ (straight)>

Last edited by ImMe on 28 Mar 2009, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlMightyAl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2009, 8:28 pm

Yes. My sister thinks I'm gay because I don't talk about girls 24/7.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 8:53 pm

I look kind of like a lesbian, I think. The short hair, the lack of jewelry or make-up... I mean, that's the stereotype, right? It kind of works for me, because men don't bother trying to approach me; but I'm really afraid that a girl will think I'm a viable date, and end up really embarrassed because I'm not interested in her either. Lesbians have enough trouble without getting weird androgynous-looking girls like me confusing their gaydar.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 9:39 pm

I'm largely indifferent towards organized sports, especially those shown on television. Some alpha-male types cite this as de facto evidence of being gay.

So while they are whooping it up in the living room, I'm hanging out with their wives and girlfriends in the kitchen ... sometimes the bedroom too ...

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 9:44 pm

I've been asked if I was gay before. And some friends have suspected me of being gay.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 10:13 pm

People often get the impression aspie guys are gay because we have extreme male brains.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina