I am an "indigo child" (Try and prove me wrong!)

Page 7 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,090
Location: Stendec

29 Mar 2009, 8:03 pm

CanyonWind wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Everyone supported the emperor's delusion simply because they did not wish to look like a fool.


On this thread, right here, right now, what cultural bias is everybody supporting, insisting anybody thinking outside that cultural bias is a fool?

I said nothing about cultural bias. It is you who introduced this red herring.

CanyonWind wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The moral of the story is that one should not believe everything they are told, especially if the evidence does not support the claims.


No, the moral of the story is recognizing that the traditions of one culture are not necessarily the sole and absolute definition of universal truth, which I personally believe is beyond human comprehension.

Kid, you are hung up on this "cultural bias" fallacy. My reasons for bringing up the story of "The Emperor's New Clothes" is the same as anyone else's - to provide a fable that supports my premise, which is that no claim of exceptionality should be made without exceptional proof to back it up. To do less is to support delusional thinking.

The OP has failed to provide valid evidence that there even exists any such thing as "Indigo People," and much less that he is one. Therefore, the only reasonable conclusion that can be reached is that the claim is invalid, and therefore worthless.

Said conclusion having nothing to do with cultural bias, and everything to do with the claimant's lack of valid evidence.

Deal with it, kid. Just deal with it.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 180
Location: Information Superhighway, Arkansas

29 Mar 2009, 8:04 pm

I am an indigo to :)
Everyone else is just misinformed and would rather not study.


_________________
The one goal I carry is to help as many people as possible. People often ask me if I can talk. Many believe that I am a mute. Others regard me as genius.
http://www.xfire.com/profile/mmstick


McTell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,453
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

29 Mar 2009, 8:11 pm

I do not want to narrow down the debate, at least I did not originally. Indeed, I must confess to having found this detour interesting. However, I wish for proof of 'indigoism', not of synesthesia. I know synesthesia exists. I do not know that 'indigoism' exists. That is why I want proof of 'indigoism.' Afterall, the thread is about indigoism.' It is not called "I have synesthesia." Is this stance unreasonable?

I will say that I do not think it is fair to call me narrow-minded after I have read your links and watched your videos. I think calling me such is very unfair indeed.

Now, please tell me - in terms I will understand - what 'self-indigoism' and 'self-actualisation' are (or rather, what is their link). After that, I'd be greatly appreciative if you furnished me with scientific proof for 'indigoism.' In fact, I'd go so far as to say such proof would be awesome.

(Also, since you ask, no I have not taken a psychological test. I fail to see the relevance of the question, but I have still answered it. And, because I think you'd like to know, I read that link too).



ThisisjusthowItalk
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 24 Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 106

29 Mar 2009, 8:26 pm

dusekbr wrote:
The bible or other books of significance is all literal and can be interrupted in infinite ways.
It was a political ruse designed to unite scattered Canaanite tribes, so they could defend themselves against expanding empires in the same region. Their experience with Egypt's "living gods" gave them ample reason to prefer their gods dead and quiet, and they managed to survive for thousands of years based on this idea. The Christian Bible originated with a concerned rabbi (or several of them) who wanted to talk peace with the Romans. It ended in tears because the Romans took him for a terrorist, and a bunch of people decades later formed a cult around the guy to protect themselves against the Roman emperors (who had predictably degenerated into outright thuggery). I think all he really wanted was to have a big peace march or something, but the scheme was very ill-timed.

Quote:
The problem is even though the acknowledge evolution is real, they still throw up defense mechanisms when it comes to making inferences from the theory of evolution.
I am not sure I understand your problem.



Last edited by ThisisjusthowItalk on 29 Mar 2009, 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,367
Location: X

29 Mar 2009, 8:27 pm

Well I'm an "aqua marine" child then.


_________________
X


pandd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2006
Age: 46
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,582

29 Mar 2009, 9:10 pm

dusekbr wrote:
What does synesthesia have to do with indigo children? The question would have been better worded, what does synesthesia have to do with being on the spectrum? The answer is, everything.

That is a very silly answer since the two are independent variables. Some people on and some people off the spectrum have synesthasia. Just like some people on the spectrum and some people off the spectrum like popcorn.

I find all your talk about the education/study of others ironic. If are not completely full of it, then kindly explain how notions of evolutionarily adapting to indoor lighting by developing insomnia is plausible.

You claim you understand evolution and imply that we do not. If you will not answer this simple question (derived from your assertions) then I will be forced to conclude that it is you who were too lazy to some study and research, it is you who does not have a good grasp on the rudimentary basics of evolution, and it is you who is overly emotional, and insufficiently analytic in your reasoning on this issue.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,090
Location: Stendec

29 Mar 2009, 9:27 pm

mmstick wrote:
I am an indigo to :)
Everyone else is just misinformed and would rather not study.

I have studied the claims.

Strike One: The term "Indigo Child" comes from self-proclaimed "psychic" Nancy Ann Tappe, who also claims to have classified people's personalities according to the hue of their auras. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as any sort of "psychic" ability, thus no ability to see auras, and thus no validity to Ms. Tappe's claims.

Strike Two: According to some self-proclaimed "experts," the emergence of the Indigo children was foretold by Edgar Cayce long before Tappe's aura labeling. First, they provide no specific "prediction" by Mr. Cayce to support their claim. Second, the aforementioned non-existence of "psychic" ability of any kind precludes their claim, effectively rendering it null and void. And third, Mr. Cayce himself was either a delusional fool or a deliberate fraud, as there is no such thing as "psychic" ability.

Strike Three: One claim of believers in "Indigo Children" seems to be that many children (as many as 95%) diagnosed as having attention deficit disorder (ADD) or ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) represent "a new kind of evolution of humanity." Unfortunately, there is no valid evidence to back up any claim of evolutionary advancement. In fact, there is no agreement amongst all of the self-proclaimed "experts" as to what evolutionary advancement means - each opinion is inconsistent and uneven in quality of analysis and meaning with all the others.

:: There is no single, fixed definition of an "Indigo Child" that any two "experts" can agree upon, despite the 1986 book by N.A. Tappe that first used the term.

:: There is no valid evidence agreed upon by all "experts" to back up any claim that "Indigo Children" even exist. Some say that it's an indwelling of a high-order spirit, other say that it's the next evolutionary step, while still others say that it's evidence of vaccine tampering by the US government or the New World Order.

:: There is nothing to prove that the term "Indigo Children" is nothing more than a desperate attempt by a handful of delusional parents to provide a meaningless label that refutes any claim that their children have any mental difficulties, when instead they would likely be devastated to admit that their children are in any way defective.

HOWEVER...

I am willing to accept the following as evidence that "Indigo Children" may exist:

A series of validated DNA scans that show a greater deviance from genetic norms by "Indigos," than would otherwise be accounted for by ordinary global deviations in human genetic structure. And by "validated," I mean that there is a chain of forensic evidence (i.e. "Chain of Custody") from the first sample taken to the final report. At no step along the way will anyone not directly involved in the genetic testing be allowed to come into contact with the samples once those samples have been taken. No less than three separate double-blind DNA analyses shall be made on each sample. The credentials and curriculum vitae of every person in the chain of custody will be included with the final report. and lastly, at least one copy of the report shall be published in a regular medical journal - "Lancet," the "Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA)," or the "New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM)" would be acceptable. Any journal having to do with New Age, Chiropractic, Naturopathy, or Homeopathy is disallowed, as they hold no credibility in real medical science.


Failure to agree to this protocol, or any part thereof, will be considered de facto evidence of the fraudulent and fallacious nature of any validity to claim on the subject of "Indigo Children."

There it is. Take it or leave it. Put up or shut up.


_________________
 
“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)


CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Age: 68
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,881
Location: West of the Great Divide

29 Mar 2009, 11:22 pm

Kid? Who you callin' kid? I was at the library studying science the day your smelly ass was born.

Best show some respect for your elders there youngster, or I'll beat you over the head with my cane, if I can stay balanced long enough.

The assumption that no idea has validity unless it can be verified using the standard methodologies of western science is a western cultural assumption, not a universal truth.

Don't get me wrong, I love science. It's fun and you can learn all kinds of neat stuff that way that you otherwise wouldn't know, it's a lovely mythology and it's useful in a lot of ways, but all systems have limitations.

But we was talking about evidence. Hmmm, let's see... That Fnord character sure do get all belligerent anytime somebody sees things different from him.

Only explanation I can see, he must be a closet Indigo Child, all conflicted about what he knows is his true identity, so he's trying real hard to overcompensate, like some gay truck driver.

There. We got conclusive evidence.


_________________
They murdered boys in Mississippi. They shot Medgar in the back.
Did you say that wasn't proper? Did you march out on the track?
You were quiet, just like mice. And now you say that we're not nice.
Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina