Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2009, 5:08 am

Hey,

this is my second intro thread - hopefully it won't get deleted like the last one :lol: :roll:

Seems like a pretty cool forum - shades of evident power trippin autocrats notwithstanding.. huh? who? where? my lips are sealed - I will not flame anyone! 8O :lol: 8) (edit: :roll: :oops: )

I've read a lot of inspiring, intriguing and funny thoughts and comments from members here in the last hour or two of reading.

I'm not clinically diagnosed as having any specific 'condition' but I'm on the spectrum for sure and have self tested before.

anyhow..

laters

nik

Last edited by Concenik on 31 Mar 2009, 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

mmstick
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Mar 2009, 7:06 am

Yes for me I have been diagnosed.
Which accounts for me being attracted to technology and the "truth".

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 8:29 am

Welcome to the Wrong Planet community, nik.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2009, 8:47 am

Many thanks for the welcome, mmstick and Jetlag. Glad to be here :)

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 10:53 am

Welcome!

It can be kind of treacherous around here but it's also been very enlightening. Like looking in a mirror.

Sounds as if you have already learned you need to watch your step around here.

(Hope I'm not one of the power trippin autocrats you speak of. I have been accused of being bossy.) :roll:

God speed.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 3:52 pm

Hey MmeLePen,

thanks for the welcome - yes, I've learned to watch my step a bit :lol:

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Mar 2009, 6:14 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Darian_C
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2009, 6:20 pm

Welcome. What part of the spectrum may you be that you have self-tested for? I am undiagnosed but I am almost certain I have Asperger Syndrome.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2009, 6:39 pm

Thanks for the welcome richie and Darian_c :)

D_C: I am really chronically disorganised and rarely manage to properly finish anything I have started - it's a problem although I try to find a way to change this almost constantly - as such amongst a couple of useless (imo) questionnaires I did for 'fun' a few year ago, I also completed a test that had a kind of circular graph spectra thing showing my result

- I do not remember the name of the graph, I asked Orwell about it, he said he knows the one I mean but also couldn't recall the name of the test..

... the result put me somewhere in the spectrum but I didn't really pay much attention to it at the time and do not remember specifically what it said. I didn't really notice it and forgot about it completely until registering here tbh

I don't really know much about Asperger's or Autism unfortunately as it goes *shrugs*

I've always had difficulties in the so-called normal world but just thought I was a bit weird in my outlook - I assumed it was mainly due to my upbringing..

I arrived at this site from a totally unrelated reason but was really impressed by the humour and the level of the discussions here...so I'm staying :) hopefully! haha

I read on a thread here about the 'wired AQ test' 2 days ago, so I thought I would take the test as all the talk about 'NT's' here ( quite a lot being bigoted too imho) it seemed quite odd to me - like a prejudice and people who weren't NT's were in a special club or something..*shrugs*

Anyhow I took the test expecting it too tell me I was 'NT' but the result came out at 33 - I was a bit surprised but it doesn't really mean anything to me tbh - I'm still the same person I was before I took the test lol

I did it again today to see if it would be a different result - thereby showing me it wasn't really a good gauge of anything and the result has come out at 34.

It's all new to me *shrugs* and a bit strange really as I only came to this site to reply to a post where some had bad mouthed another site that I admin on .. what can I say? Glad I'm here though :)

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:18 pm

What is it that you're trying to say or get across? I am having a hard time understadning the point of your conversation.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2009, 7:56 pm

Concenik wrote:
- I do not remember the name of the graph, I asked Orwell about it, he said he knows the one I mean but also couldn't recall the name of the test..

Probably the rdos aspie quiz.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2009, 2:17 am

garyww wrote:
What is it that you're trying to say or get across? I am having a hard time understadning the point of your conversation.

That's very strange it was supposed to be a PM but the 'site's busy' page came up when I tried to send it and then I thought it had disappeared.

edit) and the blooming question was some how missing!! ! No wonder you wondered what the hell I was on about ! ! haha :lol:

if the full intended PM had been posted up then it would have been infinitely clearer I think!! ! I was trying to ask if...

- do you know a good book you could recommend to read for someone new to the Asperger's ? Because it seems that perhaps you have a wide knowledge of the literature.

Last edited by Concenik on 31 Mar 2009, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2009, 2:18 am

pandd wrote:
Concenik wrote:

Probably the rdos aspie quiz.

Thanks for the heads up - I guess I'll take that test again then.

edit) just did that. here's the result:

Quote:
Your Aspie score: 147 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

I don't know how to make sense of it really tbh but I think I'm probably more social than it 'wants' me to think lol 8)

Last edited by Concenik on 31 Mar 2009, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 3:11 am

Welcome to WP!

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2009, 3:25 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Welcome to WP!

thanks Tim_Tex :)

MG
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2009, 8:25 pm

Hi Concenik, thanks for the aspie quiz ill take it and introduce myself in another thread :)